Official M14/EBR Discussion Thread

Re: "holy shit"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q001,

Call Andy at SEI and ask him about their new cheek riser pad. It blows the old style (the one you have now) away and actually has a hardened riser that works great for scoped GI stocks. Also, it comes in other colors (olive, coyote, and Multi-Cam). </div></div>

I've not seen this one, are there any pictures?

Thanks

Anyone know of a maker or supplier of an old style lace on cheek riser for a M1A? I have an old style rifle and do not want to cut it up. It is a wood stock LRB M25 lugged etc.
Thank you
RTH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know of a maker or supplier of an old style lace on cheek riser for a M1A? I have an old style rifle and do not want to cut it up. It is a wood stock LRB M25 lugged etc.
Thank you
RTH </div></div>

Have you seen this from TNVC?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H20,
Thank you for the link. I am looking for a plain leather cheek riser.
Thanks again.
RTH </div></div>

Fulton Armory has them, but you should shop for a better price.

Here is my M14:

IMG_0672.jpg

Haven't had a chance to shoot it since I installed the stock.

Anybody have any recommendations for a scope? I'm thinking red dot as opposed to long range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not on their website yet. I met up with Ron and Andy at the SAR show and they had a few on hand. I forgot who makes it for them but it looks like it's decent quality. </div></div>

Can you describe it? How does it attach, what's the shape, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H20,
Thank you for the link. I am looking for a plain leather cheek riser.
Thanks again.
RTH </div></div>

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=860850

reviews were bad on that one. one guy says its made for a garand. but try this man, i just entered "leather cheek piece" in yahoo. there are a bunch of hits to choose from and i did find that same part listed for $20 so look around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RomanDad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my M14:

IMG_0672.jpg

Haven't had a chance to shoot it since I installed the stock.

Anybody have any recommendations for a scope? I'm thinking red dot as opposed to long range. </div></div>

Very nice, consider an Aimpoint or an EOTech optic.

Gents, I have the ability to buy a Springfield Socom 16 fired once (allegedly) in perfect condition (allegedly) with 5 20 round mags for approx $1400. This is one of about 7 weapons coming in on consignment in a local gun shop I frequent. Looking through the interwebs this appears to be a very good deal. Am I right in this assumption? I have been looking for one of these for a long time to put together a medium range platform possibly with a 2.5-10 Nightforce.

Thanks for the help,

-Z

That is a good deal, but for a medium range one I would go with the scout 18" barrel. It is mainly personal preference though. As long as you aren't looking for phenomenal accuracy the SOCOM should be more than fine for what you want though. (and before anyone replies I don't expect phenomenal accuracy from an m1a period) I currently am running a scout in a sage ebr mod1 and really like it. Very lightweight for what it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diesel kinevel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the ability to buy a Springfield Socom 16 fired once (allegedly) in perfect condition (allegedly) with 5 20 round mags for approx $1400. </div></div>

Sounds like a good deal as long as it passes inspection especially if it has some GI parts (bolt, op rod and/or trigger group).

A SEI scope mount and their new cheek riser should make mounting optics easy

Thanks for the quick response guys! I am thinking I will go for it. As for the range of shooting medium range to me is 300 yards max. I am not looking for sub MOA accuracy out of this rig, it will be one of my cruiser long guns when I get out of my police academy.

Thanks,

-Z

I gotta say that my SAI standard 22" can produce 1 MOA at 100 yards.
I really don't like the EBR, just due to the fact that I think that the stock is not as appealing as the Wood stock.

I like the way the original M14 stocks feel. I love the way the EBR stock shoots and works. Try the EBR stock I bet you like it.

On 16" SOCOM. Seen one that I consistently shot 1-1.5 moa with so bought one and it shot minute of a barn so I sold it. Just bought a 18" but have not found a GI bolt to replace the POS stock one yet.

I've finally gone off the reservation and am selling my JAE to get a Sage Mod 1. I want to make my setup lighter while keeping with a modern stock. I'm hoping the change will get the weight down around 15 pounds. Should be a fun endeavor...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've finally gone off the reservation and am selling my JAE to get a Sage Mod 1.
</div></div>

It's about freaking time... congratulations!
cool.gif

Consider the less expensive M14ALCS/CV, it can be a little lighter than the Mod 1.

Make sure you order the 5 screw top rail for the medium heavy barrel and machined
for the SEI scope mount. The integral scope mount on your M25 needs this clearance.

<span style="font-weight: bold">
M14ALCS/CV</span>
06-16-10001.jpg

Weight - <span style="font-weight: bold">1st generation Mod 1</span>: 4 lbs. 3.2 Oz. without the TangoDown VFG

IMG_3217.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no expert. thats a nice setup you have in your sig picture </div></div>

Thanks, it's definitely a good setup but at 20 pounds off hand is miserable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've finally gone off the reservation and am selling my JAE to get a Sage Mod 1.
</div></div>

It's about freaking time... congratulations!
cool.gif

Consider the less expensive M14ALCS/CV, it can be a little lighter than the Mod 1.

Make sure you order the 5 screw top rail for the medium heavy barrel and machined
for the SEI scope mount. The integral scope mount on your M25 needs this clearance.

<span style="font-weight: bold">
M14ALCS/CV</span>
06-16-10001.jpg

Weight - <span style="font-weight: bold">1st generation Mod 1</span>: 4 lbs. 3.2 Oz. without the TangoDown VFG

IMG_3217.jpg

</div></div>

I'm going to be ordering the Mod 1 from Clyde Armory, it's compatible with medium weight barrels but I think the hand guard is what it is (I have files and a grinder). For some reason I thought the 2nd gen was lighter, like 3.8 pounds, could be way off. Main reason for the Mod 1 is that nice dark earth colour. I can't hang with a black stocked rifle, they get too hot in the sun.

I may take off the bottom rail and install some Magpul polymer rails for my bipod and AFG2 just to shave some more wight there... The side rails and kydex guards will be off as soon as I get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm going to be ordering the Mod 1 from Clyde Armory, it's compatible with medium weight barrels but I think the hand guard is what it is (I have files and a grinder).
For some reason I thought the 2nd gen was lighter, like 3.8 pounds, could be way off. Main reason for the Mod 1 is that nice dark earth colour. I can't hang with a black stocked rifle, they get too hot in the sun. </div></div>

Yeah, the Mod 1 color is cooler. Gen 1 and the following generations weigh the same... 3.8 ain't gonna happen though.

Clyde Armory is the best source and I think I saw a few of them when I was in there right after Christmas.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I may take off the bottom rail and install some Magpul polymer rails for my bipod and AFG2 just to shave some more wight there... The side rails and kydex guards will be off as soon as I get it. </div></div>

Sounds good.
I've been working on a lighter weight 1st gen Mod 1 for a few months now.
Mine has a standard profile 18.0" barrel, I'll add a T-1 and an LMT SOPMOD.
It will also have SEI's 2002V flash hider or their USCG / Navy Muzzle Brake.
This will give me an extra 2" of sight radius for when I shoot iron sights.
No bipod, no light, no scope mount or rings... the AFG is a given.
It should be light and practical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, the Mod 1 color is cooler. Gen 1 and the following generations weigh the same... 3.8 ain't gonna happen though.

Clyde Armory is the best source and I think I saw a few of them when I was in there right after Christmas.

Let me know if I can help you in any way. </div></div>

I think that was without the butt and grip now that I'm thinking about it...

Do you get discounts?
wink.gif

I'm also looking into a new lighter weight scope. I love my USO but it weighs a ton. Hoping to find one under 24oz. that I like... I'm pretty picky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, the Mod 1 color is cooler. Gen 1 and the following generations weigh the same... 3.8 ain't gonna happen though.

Let me know if I can help you in any way. </div></div>

I think that was without the butt and grip now that I'm thinking about it...

Do you get discounts?
wink.gif

I'm also looking into a new lighter weight scope. I love my USO but it weighs a ton. Hoping to find one under 24oz. that I like... I'm pretty picky. </div></div>

That's sounds about right for a chassis with no accessories.

I wish, but no discounts.

Optics are tricky - use what you have and shop around for the upgrade.

Re: Free slot ?

Hey Guys,
I just got a Supermatch M1A and I have a few questions... Actually more than a few.
First, I'm looking to extend the buttstock because I'm 6'6" and have been spoiled by long LOP on the McMillan A5 on my 40X. I've seen one pad that replaces the military hardware but it doesn't seem to be adjustable with spacers or anything. Is there anything adjustable out there?
Next, I'm hearing that there is certain "tweeking" that helps with accuracy. Does this apply to the Supermatch? Or is it already done?
Also, I'm hearing that Stock options are limited because of the rear lug. Are any of the companies that make the "Tacticool" EBR stocks making one that accomodates the rear lug?
I'll have more questions I'm sure but this is a good start for me.
Thanks in advance guys!

oneshot onekill, contact Tony at LAW483.com

Tony should have just what you are looking for and he should know the answer to your "Tacticool" stock question.

Good luck.

Re: Free slot ?

Thanks H2O MAN,
I looked at the site and it looks like they make custom stocks. I should have been more clear but Right now I'm just looking to modify my existing stock until I can afford a different stock... And actually, if I can make the Walnut stock that's on it now fit me correctly, I may just keep it in there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks H2O MAN,
I looked at the site and it looks like they make custom stocks. I should have been more clear but Right now I'm just looking to modify my existing stock until I can afford a different stock... And actually, if I can make the Walnut stock that's on it now fit me correctly, I may just keep it in there. </div></div>

I'm pretty sure he also has experience modifying existing stocks.
It's just not something he advertises.
Contact him and tell him I sent you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lowlight,

That slot you offered in the other thread been taken yet?</div></div>

Nothing, H2O here missed the window of opportunity for the Bash, so the only option would be when we announce registration for the Cup in the Spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda difficult to participate in the Fall Bash without a rifle... when is the Spring Bash? </div></div>

This is a joke, right?
Tell ya what, I've two GAP's w/Sn-3's, you tell me your going to show up and I'll send either to Frank for you to use out there. Data is taped to the stocks. You want the 300wm or the .308win? Then again I'm sure Frank has something you can use, if you would prefer. Give me enough time and I'll do 5320.20 an you can shoot a real XM21 w/a ART 1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda difficult to participate in the Fall Bash without a rifle... when is the Spring Bash? </div></div>

WTF?!?! Your joking right? Did you pawn them for shooting lessons or something? All this talk about your uber 14's and this is what you type?
crazy.gif

LOL are you kidding me? How the fuck can you NOT HAVE "A" RIFLE???? Do you even own a gun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This is a joke, right?
</div></div>

Yeah no shit this guy is golden.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentlemen, please rest your sphincters. </div></div>

do you wipe after you talk?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda difficult to participate in the Fall Bash without a rifle... when is the Spring Bash? </div></div>

LOL are you kidding me? How the fuck can you NOT HAVE "A" RIFLE???? Do you even own a gun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This is a joke, right?
</div></div>

Yeah no shit this guy is golden. </div></div>
LMAO doesn't he claim to own like 4 or 5 M14's??? what happened to all your rifles H20?

I'm the one laughing - you guys are cracking me up.

Please continue... let us know when your field trip returns from Imaginationland.

Re: Laughin at you

Two words come to mind,...Fuckin Pathetic. I know I should have only used the latter, but the Former had to be also for all the shit you talk.

If an when, you do get a M14 or clone (even rack grade w/irons)let us know. I'll pay someone if I have to, which at this point in time seems unlikely, to go and watch you shoot, then report back.

Re: Laughin at you

Nope, the main event has not even started yet,...Unless the power gets cut,..which at this point in time might be his only saving grace.