On this week's episode of "WTF"....

dankcincy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2020
Cincinnati
Can we hit the pause button on the historical events for a day or two please?
I wouldn't be surprised to pick up my phone in the morning to see that China made a move to take Taiwan. If they were going to do it, now would be the time.
That drags us into WW3 and I can't imagine it would be too big of a leap to some sort of executive action declaring some sort of national emergency in order to suspend the election.

I wouldn't be surprised to pick up my phone in the morning to see that China made a move to take Taiwan. If they were going to do it, now would be the time.
That drags us into WW3 and I can't imagine it would be too big of a leap to some sort of executive action declaring some sort of national emergency in order to suspend the election.
Now would not be the time. Ocean patterns are not favorable until October sometime.

Monsoon season western pacific

The Western Pacific Monsoon (WPM) refers to the seasonal shift in wind patterns and precipitation over the western Pacific Ocean and surrounding regions. While the Indian monsoon receives more attention, the WPM is a significant weather phenomenon that affects countries such as Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan, and parts of Southeast Asia.

Timing and Characteristics

The WPM typically begins in late spring to early summer, around May or June, and lasts until late summer or early fall, around September or October. During this period, the subtropical high-pressure belt shifts northward, and the trade winds weaken, allowing moist air from the western Pacific to flow into the region.

Suspend the election? They had a presidential election DURING WW2. Not going to happen.

The Western Pacific Monsoon (WPM) refers to the seasonal shift in wind patterns and precipitation over the western Pacific Ocean and surrounding regions. While the Indian monsoon receives more attention, the WPM is a significant weather phenomenon that affects countries such as Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan, and parts of Southeast Asia.

The WPM typically begins in late spring to early summer, around May or June, and lasts until late summer or early fall, around September or October. During this period, the subtropical high-pressure belt shifts northward, and the trade winds weaken, allowing moist air from the western Pacific to flow into the region.
Well done, you deserve 'the Kane' for this post!

Reactions: johnnycat
China made a move to take Taiwan...... That drags us into WW3 and I can't imagine it would be too big of a leap to some sort of executive action declaring some sort of national emergency in order to suspend the election.

May I ask everyone a question or two here?

Do you feel as though history would substantially support the idea that the United States of America has principally encouraged, supported, and enabled China to go from impoverished and backward in the 1950's, to the status of an economic giant and an extremely influential nation state that it is today? (Please leave discussions of right / wrong, legal / illegal out of it - did the above happen?)

If you think the above is an accurate statement - can you explain why 'America (the real powers)' would seek to destroy that investment in time, effort, money, and cultivation of power and status by China around globe by generating a significant conflict over a strip of land that would swallowed up by China if the dollar lost it's status?

Do you feel as though history would substantially support the idea that the United States of America has principally encouraged, supported, and enabled China to go from impoverished and backward in the 1950's, to the status of an economic giant and an extremely influential nation state that it is today? (Please leave discussions of right / wrong, legal / illegal out of it - did the above happen?)

If you think the above is an accurate statement - can you explain why 'America (the real powers)' would seek to destroy that investment in time, effort, money, and cultivation of power and status by China around globe by generating a significant conflict over a strip of land that would swallowed up by China if the dollar lost it's status?
Hello, fellow firearms and foreign policy enthusiast!

Maybe I earned that one - LOL.

But seriously - don't answer it publicly - but think carefully about the question. In the short term anyway - it is unlikely that we will have conflict over Taiwan.

I smell something

5587C9C4-DE6A-48BA-80F2-3BDC6E3B86A4.jpeg

Henry Kissinger I am not. That said, your post has to begin with Nixon and his efforts to open up China, which before was as backwards and closed off as North Korea is today. Now I believe that Nixon had the best of intentions for everyone involved in those efforts. Watch some of his interviews on the subject that he gave after he started to come back out of exile. He was really quite brilliant in this regard and in hindsight, very prescient.

The real damage started with Clinton and his efforts to get China most favored nation status and an entry into the WEF. Then I would say your post starts to apply. The problem began when China got these things, turned the economy into a capitalist one (I would argue a fascist one along the lines of 1930's Germany and Italy), and basically played the world (especially the US) as they did everything that Clinton's plan was supposed to discourage. This not only enriched the CCP, it emboldened it to do things and project power that they otherwise would not have been able to do.

Reactions: Lug Nut
Henry Kissinger I am not. That said, your post has to begin with Nixon and his efforts to open up China, which before was as backwards and closed off as North Korea is today. Now I believe that Nixon had the best of intentions for everyone involved in those efforts. Watch some of his interviews on the subject that he gave after he started to come back out of exile. He was really quite brilliant in this regard and in hindsight, very prescient.

The real damage started with Clinton and his efforts to get China most favored nation status and an entry into the WEF. Then I would say your post starts to apply. The problem began when China got these things, turned the economy into a capitalist one (I would argue a fascist one along the lines of 1930's Germany and Italy), and basically played the world (especially the US) as they did everything that Clinton's plan was supposed to discourage. This not only enriched the CCP, it emboldened it to do things and project power that they otherwise would not have been able to do.
Pretty good observations.

A cultivated relationship wherein an undisputed dominant group willingly shared with a culture that it had little to nothing in common with / was antithetical to itself - so as to lift them out of near nation wide abject poverty and backwardness.

But now don't we have control over certain things - maybe not major tides but enough weather modification to change outcomes since the Korean War. Do we really know how much I can do HARRP can do? Suboceanic volcano/earthquakes and such?

Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG and XP1K
I don't think they will be able to get away with it on the level that's going to be needed.
Essentially all those no ID states are honor system voting.

I only ask you to think about the security on our currency.
1. watermark on all bills
2. color shifting ink that changes color by tilting the bills
3. vertical security thread that changes color under UV light
4. 3-D security strip woven into the paper that changes when the light shifts
5. every note is serialized that shows you exactly where and when the note was made

I'd specifically like to point to #5. Just serializing ballots, by itself, would not eliminate the ability to find fraud vis a vis identity theft and multiple voting under alias by the same person, but it would completely stop the organized mass ballot dumping that was done to steal the 2020 election.

At a bare minimum the right must pass an election integrity bill that mandates all federal ballots must be serialized to prevent fraud. Imagine what would happen to our economy and society if anyone could just print money on any computer by scanning it and hitting print. That is literally where we are with no ID, and unrestricted mail in voting.

This is fucking insane, period, and anyone who opposes it absolutely intends to cheat and defraud the vote.

Credit to @Fig for the insight

IMG_5709.gif

Essentially all those no ID states are honor system voting.

I only ask you to think about the security on our currency.
1. watermark on all bills
2. color shifting ink that changes color by tilting the bills
3. vertical security thread that changes color under UV light
4. 3-D security strip woven into the paper that changes when the light shifts
5. every note is serialized that shows you exactly where and when the note was made

I'd specifically like to point to #5. Just serializing ballots, by itself, would not eliminate the ability to find fraud vis a vis identity theft and multiple voting under alias by the same person, but it would completely stop the organized mass ballot dumping that was done to steal the 2020 election.

At a bare minimum the right must pass an election integrity bill that mandates all federal ballots must be serialized to prevent fraud. Imagine what would happen to our economy and society if anyone could just print money on any computer by scanning it and hitting print. That is literally where we are with no ID, and unrestricted mail in voting.

This is fucking insane, period, and anyone who opposes it absolutely intends to cheat and defraud the vote.

Credit to @Fig for the insight
Speaking of cheating

• Angry
Reactions: BurtG
Secure elections shouldn't even be a partisan issue.
These dipshits don't seem to understand "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".
We see it all the time in all kinds of issues. Towing the party line takes priority over common fucking sense. It's ridiculous

thanks-awesome.gif

What?
Im tired and lazy, from a long land voyage.
Couldnt find Big Daddy Kane..
Have to settle for a Belfort.

Reactions: johnnycat
Historically it's a perfect time for WW3. Our military is in sad shape, we're deep in debt and our reserves of materials is depleted.

It shouldn't last long. Once Walmart goes out of business and 2 slot toasters start going for $500, the American public will be begging President Harris to surrender.

Historically it's a perfect time for WW3. Our military is in sad shape, we're deep in debt and our reserves of materials is depleted.

It shouldn't last long. Once Walmart goes out of business and 2 slot toasters start going for $500, the American public will be begging President Harris to surrender.

Nukes flying will end it in short order.

And those that aren't among the few billion dead would wish they were.

Reactions: mosin46 and 232593
Reactions: kthomas
Speaking of canned sunshine, one has to wonder about this

That's terrifying.

Our hubris is stupefying and lethal. We are just one small accident or misjudgment away from igniting an existential crisis that would destroy civilization and almost all lives on this planet.

Besides the horrifying immediate consequences of that bomb getting into an unstable state and detonating (water can be a pretty hostile environment) - what would the response to that be? Would our government acknowledge that it was our own mistake? Would the government even know that a nuclear explosion on our soil was a remnant from one of our own accidents? Would it be used as an excuse to let nukes fly - either out of ignorance or willful deception to avoid the truth?

I have zero faith in our government and other nuclear powers to not use such weapons. Its only a matter of time.

Reactions: BurtG and 232593
That's terrifying.

Our hubris is stupefying and lethal. We are just one small accident or misjudgment away from igniting an existential crisis that would destroy civilization and almost all lives on this planet.

Besides the horrifying immediate consequences of that bomb getting into an unstable state and detonating (water can be a pretty hostile environment) - what would the response to that be? Would our government acknowledge that it was our own mistake? Would the government even know that a nuclear explosion on our soil was a remnant from one of our own accidents? Would it be used as an excuse to let nukes fly - either out of ignorance or willful deception to avoid the truth?

I have zero faith in our government and other nuclear powers to not use such weapons. Its only a matter of time.
Speaking of unstable states, we have a dementia patient handling our nuclear football and a retard as second in the line of succession.

You ever wonder if that bomb is actually lost and not waiting somewhere to be used as justification for some later planned action?

Lose an M9 or a set of NVGs in the Army and the whole damn unit gets locked down till it’s found. But lose a hydrogen bomb and it’s fuck it, it’ll be fine.

All the advanced sensors available and we haven’t found that bomb yet?

What happens if Deliverance County Junior happens upon it first?

Speaking of unstable states, we have a dementia patient handling our nuclear football and a retard as second in the line of succession.

You ever wonder if that bomb is actually lost and not waiting somewhere to be used as justification for some later planned action?

Lose an M9 or a set of NVGs in the Army and the whole damn unit gets locked down till it’s found. But lose a hydrogen bomb and it’s fuck it, it’ll be fine.

All the advanced sensors available and we haven’t found that bomb yet?

What happens if Deliverance County Junior happens upon it first?

Yeah, that's the terrifying part. A dementia patient and a retard, who are surrounded by war hungry psychopaths - it's a recipe for disaster.

There's a few nukes that have been "lost" on US soil/water. I'm a pretty cynical person when it comes to our politics and governance, but I do believe these are proper accidents. Though it is a bit bizarre that a lost nuke basically just gets an "oopsie". Our government is incredibly incompetent however, so part of me thinks we shouldn't be so surprised they can't find them.

Here's an article from 2004 where a retired officer thinks he found that lost H-bomb in Georgia, but I'm guessing they never did actually find it? https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=99459&page=1

Reactions: 232593
Reactions: cas6969 and 232593