One Mile+ In Wind And Rain...

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
IBII020.jpg

The weather for my annual "Ice Breaker Shoot" in Northeastern Montana was brutal this year, per usual. We had wind and rain both days, 15 to 30mph, with temps in the mid 40's.

Pictured above is Jamie, AKA, Cinch, yours truly, and George Gardner(10X Rifle). This plate was 1788 yards. Jamie was shooting 300gr SMK's, George fired 250gr scenars, and I was launching 300gr Berger OTM's.

Lots of fun, regardless of the weather. We had shooters from nine different states brave challenging conditions both days....one of these years the weather gods will smile on us!

Re: One Mile+ In Wind And Rain...

IBII025.jpg

George poses with his wolf. Those four shots above the red dot in the head area are all his. He was shooting his new 6.5 SAUM. The range on this target was 1020 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IBII020.jpg

The weather for my annual "Ice Breaker Shoot" in Northeastern Montana was brutal this year, per usual. We had wind and rain both days, 15 to 30mph, with temps in the mid 40's.

Pictured above is Jamie, AKA, Cinch, yours truly, and George Gardner(10X Rifle). This plate was 1788 yards. Jamie was shooting 300gr SMK's, George fired 250gr scenars, and I was launching 300gr Berger OTM's.

Lots of fun, regardless of the weather. We had shooters from nine different states brave challenging conditions both days....one of these years the weather gods will smile on us! </div></div>

Is this shoot open for retired guys from Oregon. Looks like a lot of fun and a good way to meet people who like what I like.

Thanks,
Paul

very nice. Thanks for posting. Here I got sunburned washing the truck from yesterdays hunting/scouting ... high 70s in SF Bay.

PGS can you make any comments on the relative performance of 250 vs 300 Scenar at the mile+... given the wind/rain?

My experience on both settles me down on the 300 Scenar.

The Shoot was great!!!, The weather just made it interesting. Big thanks to Pat for putting it on, to Trapper Brown for saving our asses from the weather with his wall tent and wood burning stove. Good field cook as well I might add!! Ill post some pics myself when I get home.

my sister lives in Missoula...may be in the next future ( some more years ) when I'll be ready to retire...Montana or some other State ( rifle confident ) will be my choice.....

Thanks to all! Was a great time even though the weather sucked ass! Still got in some great shooting, met very good people, and learned a lot! Looking forward to next year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sundayIBII002.jpg

Sunday morning at dawn was pretty nice out there.... </div></div>

God I want to move to Montana.