• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

One scope, two rifles

2ac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Seattle
I'm looking into purchasing my first bolt gun and need some mounting advise. I'm using a Bobro mount on my AR and would like to use the same scope for both guns. This will be until I can purchase an additional scope. I know it won't be ideal but it's just the way it is for now.
I'd like to keep using the Bobro but it's going to be too high for the bolt action. Is what I'm wondering is this, should I use a cheek riser, or should I get a riser for the AR and put the scope in rings for the bolt action?
Any advise and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Re: One scope, two rifles

Depends on your total setup (stock, mounts, scope). I use a Larue 5/8" riser for my AR and rings for my scope. Socpe usually sits on the 308 but I do throw it on the riser when i want to shoot the AR that way.

I recently consolidated and spent $1,500 on one good scope (for now). To me now that its done it was much better than having 2 lesser value scopes.

For me this is what works. Karsten cheek pieces are around $60 and this may work better for you but I think that mount would be a little too high for my liking. Good luck!

Re: One scope, two rifles

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to just do it right and take my time. I'm going to leave the scope and one piece on the AR. I'll be purchasing a SS, base and rings for the new Savage.