• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ORIGIN Orders

So is the consensus here that the Calvin Elite is working without issue?

Mine works well.

1zoj5s3.jpg

@BigHorn / ZAI Team

If I wanted to buy lightweight Talley style rings for the Origin, what existing screw-hole spacing/ pattern does Talley or Hawkins Precision already make that will fit? I'm guessing it is .860 spacing using an 8-40 screw.
The spacing is standard Remington 700 pattern. But, you have to run two front mounts since ours is truly round instead of bridged like the 700.

Reactions: reubenski
My Triggertech Special seems like the bolt is harder to close than it should be, but I'm just playing with the action and trigger. I don't have a stock or barrel yet. The trigger pull does feel great though.

Last edited:
*This is my first rifle-

I started dry firing some and bolt lift has already got easier. I looked at videos of the Nucleus and my Origin is no worse with CoC. When I run the bolt at full speed (pushing forward when pushing the bolt down) it is getting very smooth.

Reactions: ZEROGUY
Timney Calvin elite two stage didn’t work on my Origin. The sear in the trigger disengages but firing pin doesn’t fall, it just moves a tiny bit along with an audible click. (I think I’m describing this accurately). I tried adjusting it a bit to see if I could get her to go but no dice. The single stage Calvin Elite works flawlessly, I ran 60 rds with it set at 8oz this weekend. Dialed it back up to 1lb tonight.

Huber still leaves quite a bit to be desired. Unless I toggle the safety, the first stage pull is crap, the resistance on the first stage peaks about half way through the pull, and then lets off until I hit the beginning of the second stage.

If I let off, subsequent pulls of the first stage are consistent but very light unless I toggle the safety. I’ve heard of this bothering some people but I don’t find it a big deal for me.

What’s annoying is not knowing how the first stage is going to pull, and having it let off part way until you slam into the beggining of the 2nd stage.

So far the single stage Calvin Elite is the only trigger to really work to my satisfaction, or at all with my Origin. I’ve reached out to Timney for help with the two stage.

Thinking about trying another brand, but this is getting expensive really quick.

Reactions: Rover31
Timney Calvin elite two stage didn’t work on my Origin. The sear in the trigger disengages but firing pin doesn’t fall, it just moves a tiny bit along with an audible click. (I think I’m describing this accurately). I tried adjusting it a bit to see if I could get her to go but no dice. The single stage Calvin Elite works flawlessly, I ran 60 rds with it set at 8oz this weekend. Dialed it back up to 1lb tonight.

Huber still leaves quite a bit to be desired. Unless I toggle the safety, the first stage pull is crap, the resistance on the first stage peaks about half way through the pull, and then lets off until I hit the beginning of the second stage.

If I let off, subsequent pulls of the first stage are consistent but very light unless I toggle the safety. I’ve heard of this bothering some people but I don’t find it a big deal for me.

What’s annoying is not knowing how the first stage is going to pull, and having it let off part way until you slam into the beggining of the 2nd stage.

So far the single stage Calvin Elite is the only trigger to really work to my satisfaction, or at all with my Origin. I’ve reached out to Timney for help with the two stage.

Thinking about trying another brand, but this is getting expensive really quick.
man you have almost the cost of the action tied up in triggers. Hope you get it figured out. I was hoping to get out shooting this past weekend, but got rained out. hopefully I can get out soon.

@ZEROGUY .… is your issue with the HUBER consistent with other actions, or is this behavior only exhibited when installed in the Origin?
I have a couple of HUBER 2-stage triggers and have never noticed that condition. Something is amiss internally I would expect.
Interested in your solution as I have an Origin inbound with plans to move one of my HUBER triggers onto it.
Thanks

@ZEROGUY .… is your issue with the HUBER consistent with other actions, or is this behavior only exhibited when installed in the Origin?
I have a couple of HUBER 2-stage triggers and have never noticed that condition. Something is amiss internally I would expect.
Interested in your solution as I have an Origin inbound with plans to move one of my HUBER triggers onto it.
Thanks

This is the only action I’ve tried my Huber in.

Reactions: FishDr

my Timney CE did the same thing at first. had me frustrated as hell. i had to adjust the the over travel and now it works perfectly.

Reactions: Rover31 and ZEROGUY
my Timney CE did the same thing at first. had me frustrated as hell. i had to adjust the the over travel and now it works perfectly.

I tried adjusting the two screws on the front with no luck. I believe the top front is over travel and the bottom front is pull weight?

I did not try the rear screw with the green glue on it, is this the one you played with? I wasn't going to touch that one until I heard back from Timney, but if it worked for you I may give it another go.

I tried adjusting the two screws on the front with no luck. I believe the top front is over travel and the bottom front is pull weight?

I did not try the rear screw with the green glue on it, is this the one you played with? I wasn't going to touch that one until I heard back from Timney, but if it worked for you I may give it another go.

no i did not touch the one with the glue. that's the sear engagement

But yeah the top front screw is the overtravel.

Attachments

• A87728F7-A5D2-4D6B-90E0-A9C372F7B00E.png
    A87728F7-A5D2-4D6B-90E0-A9C372F7B00E.png
    605.3 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: ZEROGUY
Timney Calvin elite two stage didn’t work on my Origin. .

If you want, send us the bolt and we'll modify the cocking piece to make the CE 2 Stage work. From what it sounds like, there's too much engagement between the cocking piece and the trigger sear.

Thanks - Ray

Got a response from Timney:

“Zeroguy, it sounds like the overtravel is in to far, it’s the top screw on the front, turn it counterclockwise about ¼ inch”

I’ll try and carve out some time tonight to try it out. If that doesn’t work I’ll send zermatt my bolt after this month’s match.

I am about to order an Origin myself and I am wondering about the Trigger Techs. Are they adjustable for sear engagement and overtravel in case the one I get needs some adjustment?

actually, I did adjust the sear adjustment
That'll do it! It's not a problem as long as you haven't had any issues where the firing pin falls without pulling the trigger. As long as it's safe, there's enough firing pin fall there for reliable ignition. And the bolt lift/close probably feels better now than it did.

Got a response from Timney:

“Zeroguy, it sounds like the overtravel is in to far, it’s the top screw on the front, turn it counterclockwise about ¼ inch”

I’ll try and carve out some time tonight to try it out. If that doesn’t work I’ll send zermatt my bolt after this month’s match.

This didn’t work. These instructions don’t even make sense.

I’ll be sending my bolt to Zermatt later this month.

Are preorders still being filled or are these in stock? Just trying to get my ducks in a row.
"Pre-orders" have all been shipped. We're up to late August in shipping right now with a short delay over the next 3-4 weeks. Once we get through that time frame, we will be able to have them readily available on the shelf to have a "zero" lead time.

Thanks for all the patience through the project!

Reactions: linsmea and S3th
If the firing pin assembly is the same as the tl3 try the bix n Andy tac sport or tac sport pro if you are looking for a nice 2 stage. Bullet central can put a sear in the trigger that is designed for the tl3.

Well I went to the range today and I was getting light primer strikes. I’m using a triggertech special. I talked to ray at bighorn and I’m gonna send him my action and trigger to take a look at it. He was very helpful over the phone.

Well I went to the range today and I was getting light primer strikes. I’m using a triggertech special. I talked to ray at bighorn and I’m gonna send him my action and trigger to take a look at it. He was very helpful over the phone.

Crap, sorry to hear about it.

This may be a dumb question: If you mail your action to them for service, does it need to go through FFL again when they send it back?

Keep us posted on this. I'm gonna reach out to them to send them by bolt next week. Ray mentioned they can modify the cocking piece to work with my 2 stage CE, curious as to how this may affect function with other triggers.