Pact MKIV XP timer & chronograph

MGC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2009
NY, NY, USA
I'm curious if anyone has had a problem with the chrono function on the pact?
I took it to the range today and tried it first on black hills 175 grain BTHP. they usually are close to 2600FPS.
I didn't get at reading. I got 598FPS and for the next three strings I got very similar. I checked the manual again to make sure I followed the set up directions correctly and alas after 30 minutes of shooting and multiple attempts later I could not get it to calibrate close to 2600FPS

Anyone have any suggestions on the setup? Could this be a calibration issue? I reset the unit to the factory settings just to make sure I hadn't mistakenly inputted corrupted data.

Re: Pact MKIV XP timer & chronograph

I have one and have had very good results with it. I do find the sensors do not like direct sunlight into the sensor and that results are much more consistent if I can set the sensor bar up so that I am shooting perpendicular to the sun.

Did you have any issues with muzzle blast? I measured 10 feet away from the shooting bench and placed the chrono there. I have a GAP 308 with one of their muzzle brakes. I'm wondering if I need to be further away because of the muzzle blast?

Try moving back to 15 feet. I get very low readings on my chrongraph at 10 feet, except when using silencers. I presume it's from muzzle blast.