• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Parallax eye alignment

Stephen T

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2020
KCMO (Parkville), Mo
Where to find scope caps for front and rear sightron SVSS 10-50x60 with centered holes for the eye alignment? I have heard that centered hole will help when adjusting for parallax and target image. Does anyone sell these caps? Would they have to be made custom? What size hole rear ? What size hole front ? Any information would be helpful and appreciated.

The "lens reducer" is a clear lens in the ocular (eyepiece). It helps keep your eye centered thus reducing parallax error. They can be ordered from White Oak Armament. They list some Sightron scopes:

Another parallax reduction technique is using the plastic scope cap on the objective lens that has a 3/8" hole drilled in the center. It acts as an aperture, similar to increasing depth of field. Not exactly the same but something to do with the formula that affects parallax error. The error is reduced in a smaller ocular lens.

The "lens reducer" is a clear lens in the ocular (eyepiece). It helps keep your eye centered thus reducing parallax error. They can be ordered from White Oak Armament. They list some Sightron scopes:

Another parallax reduction technique is using the plastic scope cap on the objective lens that has a 3/8" hole drilled in the center. It acts as an aperture, similar to increasing depth of field. Not exactly the same but something to do with the formula that affects parallax error. The error is reduced in a smaller ocular lens.
Thank you
I ordered one from White Oak. Jane was very nice to work with. I’ll see if it works for me as soon as the temperature lightens up, at 81 years old heat really affects me in a bad way. Dr told me my thermostat is broken, and to stay out of the heat.

Wouldn't setting up your cheekriser properly....
Yes but, if shooting different positions quickly with different target distance in limited time, or if NRA/CMP High power where adjusting stocks is not an option, it's a cheap/quick tool to keep your eye aligned to reduce parallax error.

Yeah, it's of limited practicality except in those cases.