• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up pittsburgh/western PA?

jayd4wg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2009
Steel City
where do folks shoot around here now that Greater Pitt is closed up again? Wexford GL is only 100 yards and though it's close, i grow tired of the Id10t's out there. went out today (just under 30 degrees and there was a gaggle of "pants on the ground's" waving a glock around. Packed back up and bounced before I even fired a round.

Re: pittsburgh/western PA?

i'll def be heading to TV at some point this summer, just to meet and greet if not shoot. waiting for the new sched to come up and have also volunteered my site building services to them cus they look a little busy to keep up with it
smile.gif

thanks!

Don't forget Rayners Range out by Zanesville OH also shoots out to 900 yards but is planning to get 1000 yards for his plate matches the last Sunday of every month.

Topstrap

Clairton Sportsmans Club in West Mifflin has 150 yds. Members only though. It's a great club that I used to belong to. Skeet, Trap, Archery, Rifle & Pistol ranges. They also put on USPSA & CMP matches there.

I belong to a club 1 hour east of the burgh on rt. 22 Members only, but it only costs $15 per year. we go out to 600yds at a very nice range (concrete benches under roof with a variety round and critter shaped gongs at various distances). Those interested send me a PM.

Is that the old Greater Pitt gun club? I shot metalic silhouette on the rifle silhouette range there long ago with my 338CJMK XP100. From what I can remember it had nice covered firing lines and perfectly flat out to I think 500 yards maybe more.

Didn't know they were still open.

Topstrap

ive got 3 ranges around here in new castle about an hour away from you. 1st is lawerence county sportsmens club 600 yard for about 100 bucks a year, 2nd is castlewood rod and gun club which is 400 yards with 500 yard steel for 50 a year and the coachmens club which is 100 yards but hard to get into, and i personally have a 300 yard at home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65mm06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I belong to a club 1 hour east of the burgh on rt. 22 Members only, but it only costs $15 per year. we go out to 600yds at a very nice range (concrete benches under roof with a variety round and critter shaped gongs at various distances). Those interested send me a PM. </div></div>

Dose anyone know were this club is? I did pm 65mm06 but haven't heard anything yet? I belong to Pitcairn Monroeville and like it there but would like to get a little more distance.

http://www.pmsconline.com/about_us/about_us.htm

Thanks, Mark

Well, newbie HERE, but not to firearms or firearms boards. I'm planning on joining Mt. Lebanon's Club with my tax return. I've done some shooting as a guest up at Forest Grove, which sounds close to you over there, but their membership is full now. It ain't easy in Allegheny Co., if you're wanting to open 'er up - THAT'S for sure!

have a farm here in elizabeth pa, im going to do some group shoots on our farm, shooting to my cousins farm. we can get about 850yds. ive got some steel welded to swingers. I was thinking of letting some guys get togeather and doo a shoot one day. i will have to limit this, as not to piss of the other nearby houses famrmers too much. but maybe we can do a few through the summer. and can learn somthin from each other.looking to do one in june, and another when the hay is down. let me know if people would be interested. e

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWG818</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have a farm here in elizabeth pa, im going to do some group shoots on our farm, shooting to my cousins farm. we can get about 850yds. ive got some steel welded to swingers. I was thinking of letting some guys get togeather and doo a shoot one day. i will have to limit this, as not to piss of the other nearby houses famrmers too much. but maybe we can do a few through the summer. and can learn somthin from each other.looking to do one in june, and another when the hay is down. let me know if people would be interested. e </div></div>

I live in Elizabeth. Close to Central Firehall, off of Rock Run RD. I'd be in. Just let me know.