• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It ain't tacyticool, but shoots.

IMG_2050.jpg
</div></div>

Sick bipod dude! You could hit the moon with that shooting from prone!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hairy spotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It ain't tacyticool, but shoots.

IMG_2050.jpg
</div></div>

Sick bipod dude! You could hit the moon with that shooting from prone! </div></div>

It's used for shooting planes
laugh.gif

Actually feels very good shouldered. The balance must be felt. It is balanced as opposed to front heavy. The mag changes arent an issue for me, but I dont compete. Although, I dont know that it would be a terrible hindrance. The mags do not drop free, at least in my rifle, so this would be a consideration.

Overall, I am very pleased so far. Mostly due to the fact that the rifle appears to be a shooter. I am very optimistic that it is going to live up to the half MOA claim, based on very early results. I am a fan of this platform. I intend to get several caliber conversions. A 243 for the wife, a 260 for me, etc... This platform is going to become very popular, I am convinced.

My latest monster 700 Rem in 300 RUM
SS action trued and lapped, Shillen select match ,SS,fluted bbl, JP Ent. brake, B&C adj. stock,Leupold 6-24 LR glass.

I highly recommend these Cooley brakes. It really tames the thump of the Ultramag's kick.

I just need to find the time to continue load work for her.

MemorialDay2009008.jpg

Another stick, my 700 Tactical (wanabee) A 308 Varmint in a detachable mag stock, Burris XTR glass....excellent @ 1000 yds.

700Tacticalbreakin014-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ultramagbrion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My latest monster 700 Rem in 300 RUM
SS action trued and lapped, Shillen select match ,SS,fluted bbl, JP Ent. brake, B&C adj. stock,Leupold 6-24 LR glass.

I highly recommend these Cooley brakes. It really tames the thump of the Ultramag's kick.

I just need to find the time to continue load work for her.

MemorialDay2009008.jpg

Another stick, my 700 Tactical (wanabee) A 308 Varmint in a detachable mag stock, Burris XTR glass....excellent @ 1000 yds.

700Tacticalbreakin014-1.jpg
</div></div>

what kind of rings are those on the bottom?

The thread that sent me to the poor house...
I've got something worth sharing now:

The List:
-<span style="font-style: italic">Originally</span> a Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308
-Trued action/bolt & Gunkote finish by wnroscoe @ LA Precision
-*Rock 11.27 5R 24" M24/M40 w/95 Palma cut, chambered and installed by wnroscoe @ LA Precision
-*Williams old style steel floorplate
-*Remington old style trigger
-Badger 20moa rail
-<span style="text-decoration: line-through">*Falcon 10x42 mil</span> ( USO as of 12/09 )
-McMillan A5 molded in dark tan
- Turner all-weather 1907 sling
- Champions Choice QD swivels

Needless to say, it works very nicely.

USO SN3 3.2-17x44 ERGO w/EREK 1/10 mil #3 windage stop M40 and Canadian mil reticle 34mm tube in *Badger 34mm rings.

*Sourced with gratitude from hide members over the past several months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TCA4570:
Congrats on a very nice build.
Who put it together?

L. </div></div>

Thats Tom Sarvers new personal rifle.. His smith did the work.

300 Winchester Magnum Match. Cryoed, blue printed, rear bolt sleeve, M16 extractor, aluminum bolt shroud with BR cocking piece, titanium firing pin and extra power spring. Jewell trigger group. AICS stock and magazines. Broughton barrel, 1/11' twist with Advanced Barrel Systems carbon fiber composite wrap and Badger Ordnance muzzle brake. NightForce scope. 10.2 lbs total weight as shown.

300-WEB-1.jpg

Spartan MK100 338 Lapua Magnum. Spartan MK100 action, Jewell trigger, fluted Broughton barrel, 1/9.3" twist with Badger Ordnance muzzle brake and bottom metal. IOR Valdada scope. 10.4 lbs as shown.

338-WEB.jpg

Unidentified, for security reasons, US Army Sniper Instructor at Ft. Benning with Spartan MK1 308 Winchester Match. Spartan MK1 action, Jewell trigger, fluted Broughton barrel, 1/11" twist, Badger Ordnance bottom metal. Leupold scope that has since been upgraded to a NightForce NXS.

Peeps1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.. </div></div>

Damn Aaron.. When did you get that beauty?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.. </div></div>

Damn Aaron.. When did you get that beauty?</div></div>

Sameone I have always had just keep adding/doing more stuff to her.

FNH PBR barreled action from CDNN, McMillan A3 stock, CDI bottom metal, Ken Ferrel rings, Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40 M1, and eagle stock pack. It's pillar bedded and glass bedded. Was kind of an economical build and turned out to be a .5 moa shooter(consistently). Very happy
smile.gif

DSCN2919.jpg

DSCN2929.jpg

DSCN2921.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle specs: .338 Lapua
Surgeon XL action
Custom taper Krieger barrel 9.25 twist
Terry Cross Sentinal Combat stock
FTE break
Jewel Trigger
N/F 8-32x56 R1
Lapua .338 brass
H-1000 93 grs. 2900 fps 300 gr. Lapua scenar

Just another video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8HEJHfyrrM </div></div>

Where did you come up with the Terry Cross Sentinel stock?! nice build!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg
</div></div>

aj, camo looks good bro. looks like you did the torn paper trick.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
aj, camo looks good bro. looks like you did the torn paper trick.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks... how's it go? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"? Thanks for the inspiration.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [img:center]
289lbp0.jpg
[/img] </div></div>

Time for a cleanup......
blush.gif

This thread has fueled my screen saver for a while now, I guess I may as well contribute:

FN SPRa1 with CDI bottom metal and PH 3-15
21cv42v.jpg

SAI M1A with IOR 2.5-10 FFP
2qlvbdv.jpg

Same SPR as before, but an older picture. Savage MkII with Barska
2mf0sgp.jpg

Ok not technically mine.
2qipims.jpg

Sabre Defense 6.5 Grendel 18" Fluted bbl
Daniel Defense 12.0" M4 Rail
Daniel Defense Low Pro Gas Block
Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS optic
Larue Tactical SPR 1.5 Mount
Larue Tactical Bi-pod Mount
Rock River Arms NM 2-stage Trigger
KNS Non-rotating pins
Magpul PRS Stock
Magpul rail covers
Ergo Grip
Troy BUIS
Middy gas system
Harris Bi-pod
Bravo Co. Upper/ M4 Ramps
DPMS lower
Alexander Arms Bolt assembly
Badger Tac. Latch

65Grendelpic1.jpg

Bushmaster Custom Shop PMR
Magpul grip and PRS stock- standard
Surefire 556K muzzle brake - standard, but pinned in the communist state of NY
A.R.M.S. SIR - standard
Larue LT104
Leupold MK4 4.5-14x50 w/ illuminated mildot reticle
Harris Bipod on A.R.M.S. mount
DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

Springfield M1A
Sadlak Industries custom fit steel mount and NM spring guide rod
Smith Enterprise Wire EDM 30mm rings
Leupold MK4 4.5-14x50
Harris bipod on A.R.M.S. mount
Blackhawk cheek rest
DSCN0016.jpg

Hi Guys think this is my first post on here so here goes:)

Parkeer Hale M84
cg universal 2 stage trigger
leup vx3 6-20x50
ph3jpeg.jpg

shoots great with 155g amax(best 100yd group ever for this rifle or any ive had/seen! shame it wasent me behind the trigger!:-()

phGROUP.jpg

I bought this rifle as i was wored about the barrel life on my custom 243Ai & its become my fave rifle by far!
heres the 243ai!

CIMG2285.jpg

oh & heres the 308 in action @ 900yds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6RtyYeCxA

cheers Andy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now THATS how to make a first post </div></div>

if thats aimed at me many thanks:)

great to see so much cool hardware:)
Andy