• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

GAP 308. I bought this rifle from Moon. Specs. Rem 700 in 308, AI 1.5 stock, Bartlin barrel, USO SN3 3.2 x 17 x44.
n47ih.jpg

f5adqp.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spanners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres mine... finally finished.
308 Sendero
AICS 1.5
NF 8-32
Gunworks 14" over barrel suppressor (6" forward, 8" back)
Gunworks Badger Style Bolt knob

DSCN0047.jpg
</div></div>

I would like more info about this suppressor. </div></div>

Built by Gunworks Canturbury (in New Zealand)
I told him what I wanted and this is it
smile.gif

About $250us includingthe barrel fitting.
Its alloy with stainless internals.
What else you want to know?

here are my two
05092008002-1.jpg

Maddco LF action, maddco 26" N7 8T 243 chamberd for 6mmbr
maddco trigger set @ 3oz
mcmillan BR stock
Nightforce 12-42x56
USO rings
05092008001-1.jpg

Howa 1500 short action
trigger lightend n set at 9oz
maddco 25" N5 9T 284 chamberd for a std neck 284 winchester
mcmillan a5
USO base n rings
Leupold 8.5-25 mk4

well, I'm finnaly in the sub .5 inch group. Went to the range today with my bushmaster varminter with my brand new SS 16x scope (badass) and 3 different boxes of ammo. BHA 55g fmj, Remington matchking 69g, and horneday 52g match. All shot under 1 moa but the 69g rem match twice went sup .25 moa.
I just wish I has taken the SN targets to the range with me.

IMG_0220.jpg

and I can't write to save my life today. Fecked up on the Grain, its 69g matchking. and I know it looks like the shots in the box might be part of it but they were there from the sighting in. Yes thats 5 rounds.
bestshot.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g3ninfinite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like 2 shots </div></div>

i didnt want to be the first, but im questioning that 5 shot claim myself

again, that fine. I wish that the sighting in shots taken at the box weren't so close as to make one think that is the way I really shot today, it was far from, and all groups were a big supprise to me. Most fell in the .8 to .9 but more than a few fell below .5 and two fell below .25 both with the 69g projectiles. My spoter/witness who is not a current member (soon to change) shot one of thoes .25 groups and he can tell you, it suprised the shit outa both of us. I meen, untile today I've never shot anything under .9, and that was a fluke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g3ninfinite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i didn't question it. I only said that his 5 shots looked like 2 no that they were 2. </div></div>

they do look like 2, and they are 2. no way thats 5 shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g3ninfinite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i didn't question it. I only said that his 5 shots looked like 2 no that they were 2. </div></div>

they do look like 2, and they are 2. no way thats 5 shots. </div></div>

It's 5 shots, trust me, I was the spotter.

Me, probably not, the gun, absolutly more than once. maybe 3 times.
grin.gif
I was just there trying out the new scope and match ammo. I'll get the SN target out next time, maybe tomarrow, kinda want to now.

Flyboy: Nice shooting. You didn't have that rifle with you when we met at the range last month. Is this a new purchase? I noticed that I got great groups out of the heavier bullets in my Bushmaster. You got a tack driver in that one. We need to have a shoot off when I get back to town... My Savage Mark II against your Bushy, looser buys the beer!

g3ninfinite: I know Flyboy, and he can shoot... If it looks like two bullet holes it's because the other 3 bullets went through those holes. Flyboy is no bullshit....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flyboy: Nice shooting. You didn't have that rifle with you when we met at the range last month. Is this a new purchase? I noticed that I got great groups out of the heavier bullets in my Bushmaster. You got a tack driver in that one. We need to have a shoot off when I get back to town... My Savage Mark II against your Bushy, looser buys the beer!

g3ninfinite: I know Flyboy, and he can shoot... If it looks like two bullet holes it's because the other 3 bullets went through those holes. Flyboy is no bullshit....

</div></div>

Yeah, I had the bushy but it had an older than i am (not saying much) redfield scope on it that could bairly keep it on the paper. As for the shoot off, your on, I'll bring the beer judging by your last group on here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">REM 700 LTR A2 308,McM a4 desert camo,Mk4 4.5-14x50 TMR
ltra2.jpg

400 yds MK4 TMR reticle
ltrtmr.jpg
</div></div>

american shooting center. i was there in june. thats a nice facility

I am sure that I have post this before, but my AIAW 308 just had a new tube. Really like it. I will post its bigger brother AIAWSM in 338 LM, when I get it later this week, or perhaps next week.
IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

its not much but its the only "percision" rifle i have =P
remington 700 VS 308 win, 26 inch barrel and leupold glass..no mods so far

011.jpg

013.jpg

[the pictures were taken to be posted on another forum where we have an on going inside joke about the remotes lol ] just to explain that before someone asks =P

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan1802</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its not much but its the only "percision" rifle i have =P

011.jpg

013.jpg

[the pictures were taken to be posted on another forum where we have an on going inside joke about the remotes lol ] just to explain that before someone asks =P</div></div>

Why the remotes with the guns?

I posted this a few pages back but the pictures were crap so here's some better one's but specs first

Surgeon
Mcm A5
Lilja 26' 1:11 RH
Jewel Trigger at 3.5 lbs
S&B 5-25 (P4)

And the background is my own personal shooting field of 1100M..perfect for a .308!! Rifle was built by STS out of KY...they do spectacular work too!!

6tiwbc.jpg

20qe33l.jpg

ta1wf5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan1802</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its not much but its the only "percision" rifle i have =P

011.jpg

013.jpg

[the pictures were taken to be posted on another forum where we have an on going inside joke about the remotes lol ] just to explain that before someone asks =P</div></div>

Why the remotes with the guns? </div></div>

As stated, the pictures were taken for another forum in which there is a long running inside joke on the remotes =]

well here is my first post, nice to be here.

this is my current stick, fine shooting rifle.

specs:
FN SPR 20" barrel
FN base
XTR rings
NXS 8-32X56mm

DSC_0460.jpg

S7300193.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

testing 4 different loads (the 20" doesnt like 168s, but once you get to 175 it calms dow real well)

175 sierra 165 combined tech 168 sierra 168 sierra
DSC_0658.jpg

DSC_0656.jpg

AO i imagine is Angle of, which = the wind direction left to right, i set up so i didnt have to mess with elevation, just windage (10-12mph was hard for me to shoot in)

PNW??? dont know what that is?

sorry i am not a total noob but i dont get, the other markings on the paper was :

Mil= mil brass
CT = Combined tech
SM = sierra match
FC = fed brass

AHHHHHH...

oops,

AO - the SALT LAKE ( we not suppose to be there, but hey we have a little spot that we keep clean and nice, about the only area where we can reach out to 600-800yrds 1000 is not usally possible just due to the wind)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I posted this a few pages back but the pictures were crap so here's some better one's but specs first

Surgeon
Mcm A5
Lilja 26' 1:11 RH
Jewel Trigger at 3.5 lbs
S&B 5-25 (P4)

And the background is my own personal shooting field of 1100M..perfect for a .308!! Rifle was built by STS out of KY...they do spectacular work too!!

6tiwbc.jpg

20qe33l.jpg

ta1wf5.jpg

</div></div>

Every time I see pics of that stock I drool. What are the swirl colors and percentages again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that still doesn't answer the question.
grin.gif
</div></div>

lol, a guys on another forum took pictures of there rifles and every single picture the guys remote was in it aswell, so the other on the group started throwing remotes into there qeapons pictures ever sense just poking fun of the guy and thats about the short story on the remotes lol

I just got my CDNN FN barreled action build together. Got out to the range today with it. I REALLY like this rifle, but obviously need to work up some loads for it. The ones I threw together last night didn't seem to be well liked by the FN. Here's what I have so far in it:

FN PBR XP 24" barreled action from CDNN ($399)
McMillan A3 stock from Mike ($350)
QD flush cups from McMillan that I installed ($24)
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 w/ NPR1 reticle and zero stop ($1605)
Nightforce rings ($160)
Eagle stock pack ($30)
Harris S-BRM 6-9 swivel ($96)
----
$2664 - Not too bad for what I ended up with I don't think.

Here's some pics from today :

FNNF1.jpg

FNNF3.jpg

FNNF4.jpg

Through the scope :
FNNF2.jpg

QD cup installed :
FNNF6.jpg

Crappy groups...
frown.gif

FNNF5.jpg

As far as the groups go, I'm hoping some load development will help. There was a 5-10 MPH gusting wind (yea... that's why!
wink.gif
). I'm also thinking that bedding the action would help, which leads to what I still want to do to the rifle:

Bed action
Oversized bolt knob
Trigger job
CDI Precision bottom metal

I plan to shoot it a bunch with the factory tube and eventually rebarrel to a heavier one (perhaps switching caliber when I do so). Anyhow, I'm looking forward to playing with this rifle a bunch more...
grin.gif

Hey A.J how long have you been a member of Albany rifle and pistol. If you hear a guy with a weird scottish accent down there early sunday mornings say howdy and maybe we can do some shooting together.
Nice rifle you have there.
Mac