precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoa... that's bad ass! Where was that pic taken? </div></div>

Thanks - that is on my lease in West Texas - overlooking my range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TXCraig1: How do you like that BORS system from Barrett?....Is it worth the money and performs the way it should? How much was it?....SmokeRolls </div></div>

I like it. I spend a lot of time walking and glassing from the canyon rims, and it lets me go out with just the rifle, rangefinder, and binocs and not have to mess with anything else. Is it worth $1500? To me, for what I use it for, yes. My only complaint is that it isn’t available for better optics. I spent some time on the range working on the ballistic table it uses, and it consistently puts me dead on deer-sized targets at any angle out as far as my rangefinder will get me ~ 800m. I’ve set-up 18”x36” plates on my range out as far as 1300m and hit them on the first or second shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOBO,

Frikken awesome setup! </div></div>

Thanks! Randy really did an <span style="font-style: italic">excellant</span> job!!

TXCraig1: Thanks for that......I met Ronnie Barrett for the first time this past fall and he seems like a cool dude. I only talked to him for about 15 seconds but I like his products. You are the first person I had asked about that setup.....Have fun with it.......SmokeRolls

hey lobo nice setup i was wondering where you got that a.r.d. for your uso i have tried the butler creek ard and the honeycomb pattern is so small it seems to darken the optics yours looks like a bigger pattern i would like to try one if you check out my profile you could email me with the info only if you have the time or if any one has the info you can email me it would be greatly appreciated thank you

100_0926.jpg
100_0925.jpg

100_0920.jpg

Two Patriot Arms on the left/bottom, including the FNH SPR in 7mmWSM that Oneshot976 just sold me (many thanks to Oneshot...for both a great transaction and a SWEET rifle), and then a 300WM Remi700 on the right/top. And my wife's distracting throw pillows in the background...sorry (but she doesn't give me crap about how much I spend on rifles...she's great)
2q99qud.jpg

Just finished my Savage.
IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Savage 10FP, Duracoated
McMillan A5, Desert Camo
Ken Farrel 20 MOA Base
Mark 4 rings
Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20
J.W.Precision V-Bull
Harris with Pod-Loc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That savage is bad ass! </div></div>

I agree. Looks great! Also, I have to compliment you on your fine ammo organizational skills. With children, and no "gun room" I'm looking at a second safe for ammo storage. Wish I could have a dedicated room and set up something like you've done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bubb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does that thing shoot? Really awesome looking rig there! Not that savage doesn't look ulgy at all.
wink.gif
</div></div>

It shoots great. It's no GAP or other custom job, and still has the factory barrel, but I've been very happy with it. I just learned to post pics, so I don't have any pictures of groups, so I won't state any group sizes until I at least have the proof to back them up, good or bad.

All very nice rigs! I don't have pics of mine yet, but I'm working on that. It shoots 1" no problem at 200yds with Berger 155VLDs. I've tried 600 and got 4" so far. It's nothing really special, but it works and wasn't a lot of $$$. The base rifle was less than $500 new. Here's what I have so far:
Rem 700 SPS Varmint .308
5R takeoff stock
Rifle Basix trigger avg 1lb 6oz
dropped floor plate 7rds
Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical 6x24
Farrell 20moa base
Farrell rings
Harris bi-pod
Blackhawk cheekpad

Man you guy's, what a kick-ass thread! I really like checking that stuff out!

A couple of Q's off the top of my head...

I noticed several pic's where some of you had the exact same bullet/whatever carrier that wraps around the stock. looks like it's made of nylon, and green in color. Can you tell me who makes it, and where to get it from?

I also noticed that a lot of you are "painting" your own rifles, looks very cool. Can you tell me what kind of paint to use, and how your doing it?

Thanks,

-Pat

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308
Badger Bolt Handle Rings & 20 MOA Base
Leupold Mark 4 LRT M3 3.5 x 10 Mil Dot
Badger M5 Trigger Guard has been ordered.

Took it to the range yesterday And I think I found a load it likes at 100 Yds.
44.3 Reloader 15 Hornady New Match Brass CCI BR primers Hornady 168 gr FMJ BT Match 2.800 OAL 2600 FPS

january2009158.jpg

january2009161.jpg

Ruger.jpg

Ruger Mk II VT + Lothar Walther SS Match bbl + Leupold Vari X-III 6,5-20x40 AO in .308 W = <.25 MOA / 5 shots

Rem700P001.jpg

Rem 700 P + Nikon Monarch 6,5-20x44 AO in .308 W = = <.35 MOA / 5 shots

Guns001.jpg

Rem 700 Sendero SS + Leupold Vari X-III 3,5-10x50 in .300 Win Mag = <.35 MOA / 5 shots

R93full.jpg

Blaser R93 w/ U.I.T. Match bbl. + Swarovski 6-24x50 AO in .222 Rem = <.25 MOA / 5 shots

100_0188.jpg

Builder: LOSOK Custom Arms
Action: Remington 700
Caliber: 300 Weatherby
Barrel: Lawton 26 inch 1:10 twist, threaded for suppressor
Finish: Birdsong Black T, being refinished w/ black nitride
Stock: Bell and Carlson Medalist
Scope: Leupold Mk4 4.5-14x40

M70SS012webpic.jpg

Builder: Myself (metal work done by Pac Nor)
Action: Winchester 70 (post 64)
Caliber: 7mm Remington Magnum
Barrel: 26 in Pac Nor
Stock: Choate Ulitmate Sniper
Scope: Sightron SIII 6-24x50 (pic prior to this scope)

Graham,

Yep, it's molded it. Was suppose to be 50% black/50%red, but it has a shit ton more black in it then red. Looks damn good in person though.

I picked that A5 up off of Egay back in Oct I believe.

Had a Rem varmint contour, I opened it up for the M24/M40 contour just a few minutes ago.