• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Primary Arms red dot

troupe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2005
Greenville, NC
I just recently purchase one of the small red dot sights for my AR-15. It is from Primary Arms and looks like a copy of the Aimpoint Micro. I was impressed ! The little sight mounted well and the sighting in was on the money. It is very fast to line up. I hope that it holds up well. Can not say for long term durability. Anyone have one that would care to comment. I like how it comes on target better than my EO Tech's. Just as fast !

Re: Primary Arms red dot

for the price they are great sites from a company that backs up their products. they come right out and say they aren't anything close to an aimpoint but if you want a reddot for plinking on the cheap they work great.

I have one of their scopes on my savage mkii TR and it has performed great for me so far.

I've been running a PA micro on my AK for awhile. It's a great little sight for the money. I consider my AK a range gun and wanted to test out a micro sized red dot.

I recently got to use a real Aimpoint T1 and having the PA sight is killing me. The switch on the real deal is so much better. Not taking anything away from the PA sight, but I think its great for a range gun. Its also a great proof of concept, to make sure you like the size and sight picture of that size of RDS. I would never sell an eotech or larger aimpoint for a $80 knock off.

I've had an M2 model for about 3 years. I don't think they sell it any more. It's mounted on a dedicated .22lr AR15. Never had any issues with it. Considering buying another. Good option to an Aimpoint if you're just going to the range for fun.

I bought 2 and both have OOB problems rendering them useless. I have not yet sent them back for replacement or refund. I have no reason to think that PA will make the satisfactory resolution difficult.

Bought mine with a QD base for my Sig 522. Ran perfect the first time out. Zero issues with dot projection and brightness, second time out was outside (zero dot brightness issues again, just cranked it up to 8 or 9 instead of 6 for inside). When trying to clamp it onto the rifle (AR this time just because...) it decided to jump off and skip across the concrete...it laughed. The jaunt across the corrugated nonsense didn't affect zero. Put it back on my Sig 522 yesterday after being off for 2 weeks and it went right back where it was the first time, zero issues again.

I love mine.

I have the PA micro and a real Aimpoint micro. One thing I can say that is if you love your Primary Arms sight, don't get an Aimpoint. After seeing them both, the PA sight is much more blue and the dot flares much more. It really is a good deal for the price but I dont like using it unless it is really bright out because the blue bothers me that much.