Prs rifle choice

Re:bipods and the Bravo

So, I would guess the Elite Iron bipods aren’t the shit for PRS, but on the off chance someone likes them and has a Bravo, I discovered something cool.

If you buy their SAKO TRG/KRG Mount, it snaps in/out the spigot hole of a Bravo/W3/X-ray in a half-second. It’s so slick.

If you have multiple KRG chassis, then you might have to file the mount a little and/or slightly move the “furniture” that bumps up against the mount in order to optimize the fit across the individual chassis.

I had to file mine a little upon advice of Dale, the owner. It was a slow process, but worth it. I happened to have a special file made for aluminum that doesn’t get gummed up, so perhaps it was a little less of a hassle for me. Use chalk on the file to minimize aluminum loading.

Edit: I guess there’s multiple iterations of the W3 chassis (maybe even within the same generation), some of which had slightly different dimensions in that spigot area. Hence the filing.

Also, it works even if you have the internal weight kit. I did have to remove two factory-installed screws on my new Bravo chassis for it to fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG
Nothing wrong at all with Tac Division. People think it's lame because you aren't shooting the newest and coolest 6mm but don't realize the .308 and .223 take some skill to get on target. I pull the .308 and .223 out to shoot matches from time to time. It's fun to shoot the .308 that I started in matches with decades ago.

He is shooting the 168 ELD-M now which is a perfect bullet for his needs in a match. Has a great BC for weight and he can get them going plenty fast enough. He won't gain anything going to a 155 in a 20" barrel and lose BC.

Sure there is. You are shooting a match. It's fun. A 20" with a brake is just fine for recoil and is not punishing at all.
The pressure wave from the 20” barrel/brake combo is what I was referring to as not fun. I’d have a headache in about 10 shots even with double ear pro, but I realize it doesn’t bother some others as much.

Last edited:
The pressure wave from the 20” barrel/brake comment is what I was referring to as not fun. I’d have a headache in about 10 shots even with double ear pro, but I realize it doesn’t bother some others as much.

That is true that some are more resistant to the blow back but using a brake that doesn't send as much back to the shooter will help with that also.