Quality Cartridge to offer "CheyTac family" brass

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
I've been advised by Quality Cartridge (http://www.qual-cart.com/) that they are gearing up to offer the "CheyTac family of cases" (the 375 and 408 CT and the 338 and 375 SnipeTac variants) starting approximately mid-2013. They further advised that their "quality" is comparable to Hornady and Nosler - yielding about the same number of reloads for a given reloading regimen.

I asked them to compare "quality" (number of reloads) to Lapua but they said, since they do not produce any of the same-cartridge brass, they have no way to compare. IMO, a fair response.

Re: Quality Cartridge to offer "CheyTac family" brass

"The day Lapua manufactures .408-based brass will be a long day remembered. It has seen the death of Cheytac, and will soon see the end of the Rebellion."

Yeah, that's geekspeak.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"quality" is comparable to Hornady and Nosler - yielding about the same number of reloads for a given reloading regimen.</div></div>

Never having used either Hornady or Nosler brass, can someone tell me what this means when compared to say Lapua 338 brass?

Jeffvn

Jeffvn:

Excellent question since both Hornady and Nosler produce 338 LM brass.

One might "reasonably" conclude - based on Quality Cartridge's statement - that, at least for 338 LM, QC's brass should yield similar results to those for Hornady and Nosler 338 LM.

So, who has experience with Hornady and/or Nosler 338 LM brass? How many reloads are your getting with at least factory-level power loads?