• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Question about the KRG Bravo

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2020
I’m considering getting a KRG Bravo for a Howa 1500 barreled action, but have a question.

It looks like the Bravo is in two halves and that the trigger guard is connected to the front half and the action screw goes though that and the rear half is just held on by one screw, is that correct?

If so, could that be utilized as a removable butt stock in leu of a side folder? I’m thinking it could be stored detached and then simply screwed back on at the range with a pocket torque wrench. Am I off base?

How sturdy is it if it’s only held together with one screw?

I’m considering getting a KRG Bravo for a Howa 1500 barreled action, but have a question.

It looks like the Bravo is in two halves and that the trigger guard is connected to the front half and the action screw goes though that and the rear half is just held on by one screw, is that correct?

If so, could that be utilized as a removable butt stock in leu of a side folder? I’m thinking it could be stored detached and then simply screwed back on at the range with a pocket torque wrench. Am I off base?

How sturdy is it if it’s only held together with one screw?
Incorrect. The stock is held in by two bolts. The rear action bolt (the one that goes through the trigger guard) also screws into the stock portion. When you're installing, the action (and thus trigger guard), should be bolted and torqued onto the backbone (65 in-lb) before the rear stock screw (seen from the top of the rifle, behind the bolt shroud) is torqued (45 in-lb)

What you want to accomplish can be done though, just retorque everything with a good torque wrench back to consistent and proper values.

Reactions: smcfarland
Incorrect. The stock is held in by two bolts. The rear action bolt (the one that goes through the trigger guard) also screws into the stock portion. When you're installing, the action (and thus trigger guard), should be bolted and torqued onto the backbone (65 in-lb) before the rear stock screw (seen from the top of the rifle, behind the bolt shroud) is torqued (45 in-lb)

What you want to accomplish can be done though, just retorque everything with a good torque wrench back to consistent and proper values.
Thanks, I wasn’t sure, the review I saw that mentioned it wasn’t exactly clear, it looked like the trigger guard screw just screwed directly into the backbone.

Any recommendations on a good pocket sized torque wrench (preferably electric) that doesn’t cost a fortune? (I.E. Stanley, the wrench alone costs damn near as much as the Bravo itself lol)

Not digital but Fix it Sticks All-In-One kit is a nice compact kit that should have most of what you need for firearms (you may need to buy a couple of bits if the included ones aren't the right size for some of your firearms).

I just talked to KRG and they mentioned the possibility of losing zero every time the rear was removed and reattached, thoughts?

Would this have an effect on zero?

I am missing why one would want to remove and then reinstall the rear assembly for transport....if you want a folder than get a folder...hence the term fixed.
Because the cheapest folding option that I could find was the MDT LSS, so $429 for the cheapest version, plus $20 or so for a grip, plus $170 for the folding mechanism, plus about $25 for a buffer tube and castle nut, plus another $150 or so for a stock, equals about $794, or $894 if you want the XL version of the LSS, vs. $400 for the KRG, that’s why not “just get a folder,” $594, more than twice the price, that’s why. If transport is the only goal and you aren’t concerned about having to put it back together, then folding has no advantage over detachable, unless the detachable throws off the zero, as is the case here.

Why does it need to be smaller for transport?
Big case vs small case, cheap case vs expensive case mostly. Also when I travel I prefer discrete cases, less chance for things getting “lost” in baggage or walking away from my car if I have to make a stop somewhere, rifle cases are very obviously rifle cases. Ditto for antigun Karens or Homey D. Clown who might observe me loading up/unloading from a range trip and either try to start shit or know which house to break in to. For context I live in an area that seems to be about half and half of each, pearl clutchers on one side and wannabe thugs on the other. Sometimes discretion is the best policy to avoid potential issues.

Big case vs small case, cheap case vs expensive case mostly. Also when I travel I prefer discrete cases, less chance for things getting “lost” in baggage or walking away from my car if I have to make a stop somewhere, rifle cases are very obviously rifle cases. Ditto for antigun Karens or Homey D. Clown who might observe me loading up/unloading from a range trip and either try to start shit or know which house to break in to. For context I live in an area that seems to be about half and half of each, pearl clutchers on one side and wannabe thugs on the other. Sometimes discretion is the best policy to avoid potential issues.
You're a retard

Everything.

You live in a fantasy
It’s a fantasy that antigun Karens like to start shit and stir up trouble? It’s a fantasy that ghetto goblin thugs like to steal shit and guns are prime targets for theft? Because I live near both. I would love nothing more than to live in a rural area or have an attached garage but I do not. I live in a dense area with street parking, a moderately high crime rate, and neighbors just feet away. Heck, when I moved in here one of the first things I noticed was that the front door frame was previously cracked and repaired after being kicked open at some point in the past. When I step outside at night I am greeted by an extremely pungent odor that tells me that either there is an unseen angry skunk in the immediate area or my next door neighbors are getting roasted… again.

It’s a fantasy that antigun Karens like to start shit and stir up trouble? It’s a fantasy that ghetto goblin thugs like to steal shit and guns are prime targets for theft? Because I live near both. I would love nothing more than to live in a rural area or have an attached garage but I do not. I live in a dense area with street parking, a moderately high crime rate, and neighbors just feet away. Heck, when I moved in here one of the first things I noticed was that the front door frame was previously cracked and repaired after being kicked open at some point in the past. When I step outside at night I am greeted by an extremely pungent odor that tells me that either there is an unseen angry skunk in the immediate area or my next door neighbors are getting roasted… again.
no more a fantasy than you being able to shut the fuck up long enough to read, digest and understand what everyone is telling you in the last 3 or 4 threads you've started. Maybe consider being part of the learning curve. As hard as it is to imagine, your argumentative arrogance is only preceded by your ignorance.

no more a fantasy than you being able to shut the fuck up long enough to read, digest and understand what everyone is telling you in the last 3 or 4 threads you've started. Maybe consider being part of the learning curve. As hard as it is to imagine, your argumentative arrogance is only preceded by your ignorance.
In what way have I been argumentative or arrogant? Please, give a specific example. The only disagreement I have had is with the snarky responses and the people insisting that I have to buy expensive match grade stuff and that nothing else will do vs. actually listening and understanding that I am on a budget and trying to work within that budget. There have been a few posts that were actually constructive, and a couple that even provided me links to sale items that would work for me. Those were appreciated and pointed out. In fact, one of them (indirectly) created a sale, and only indirectly because minutes before buying I checked gun broker for the same item used and got lucky, got it for $60 cheaper.