• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Replacement stock for SPS Tactical

Somekevinguy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2012
Torrance, CA
Just did the paperwork on my SPS Tactical in 308 yesterday. Now I need to start looking for a replacement stock. I am just looking for the cheapest good free float I can get. I keep reading about 700P take offs. Anyone got one to sell or know of any? I've been looking around a little bit and haven't seen anything. Any ideas or where is the cheapest I can get something new. Is there anything else I need to know or should it be a direct swap? I don't need to worry about changing bottom metal or anything do I? Don't really know anything about that. Thanks.

Re: Replacement stock for SPS Tactical

B&C medalists can be had new for around $200. Accept factory bottom metal, have an aluminium bedding block negating need for bedding job or pillars though there may be something to gain by bedding them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef</div><div class="ubbcode-body">B&C medalists can be had new for around $200. Accept factory bottom metal, have an aluminium bedding block negating need for bedding job or pillars though there may be something to gain by bedding them. </div></div>

this

i put a bell carlson on my sps and it shoots great.

+1 on B&C. Check out Stockystocks.com. Bedded it and it made a huge difference. I guess it all depends and what kind of shooting you are going to be doing. Here's what my SPS tac turned out to be.
Toys5.JPG

I'll just be bench rest shooting 99% of the time. Maybe some prone. So are you guys saying the B&C stocks are better than a 700P HS stock or just cheaper? Which medalist you guys like better?

I'd shoot it first & get proficient before you start pulling stuff off.

Worry about the upgrades & "better pieces" later, & concentrate on range time.

That will let you figure out what you don't like & go from there.

I'd also recommend a Bell and Carlson, they can be had for a little over $200 new. I will be getting one with my tax refund. I'm having a hard time choosing the model though.

Anyways I would shoot it a bit like others said, the Houge stock will work. Most people that I've seen post on here only get a little bit better groups by upgrading the stock. I'm sure some to decently better and more consistent. I haven't had a problem getting around 1MOA as I continue to use my Houge stock.

I'll be upgrading mainly because I just don't find it comfortable.