• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Rifle Data Book recommendation, free'er is better

Jeremybj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2011
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Hey guys,

Just got done with a basic law enforcement sniper class. The biggest thing they pushed was keeping a data book.

I am wondering what you guys use for pages. Basically to me simpler is better. Light condition and wind direction are about the only "extra fields" I want. I am looking for something that maybe takes half a sheet of paper just because I don't want to bring a big 8.5x11 3 ring binder out when I shoot.

I would take any recommendations on a binder for the book as well.

The book costs what it cost, but the pages I would prefer to have them be free and just print out at my leisure.

Thanks.
Jeremy

Hey guys,

Just got done with a basic law enforcement sniper class. The biggest thing they pushed was keeping a data book.

I am wondering what you guys use for pages. Basically to me simpler is better. Light condition and wind direction are about the only "extra fields" I want. I am looking for something that maybe takes half a sheet of paper just because I don't want to bring a big 8.5x11 3 ring binder out when I shoot.

I would take any recommendations on a binder for the book as well.

The book costs what it cost, but the pages I would prefer to have them be free and just print out at my leisure.

Thanks.
Jeremy

Storm Tactical or Impact Data would be your two "go to" people. Both make good product. If you are LEO you might want to talk with them to meet your specific requirements.

Look at Impact Data Books. Full modular books, which they lead the way with, in both full size books and a small pocket version as well, which again they lead the way with. Custom pages in their modular books that you can build the book that you need or you can buy a premade book. They have everything you need.

Impact Data Books, Inc. - Modular, Premade, Custom Data/Log Books!

I don't understand why you wouldn't make one that fits YOUR needs. I use write in the rain notebooks and sketch my own. Or I will draw one page up, and give one of my daughters $5 to fill in all the rest.

I don't understand why you wouldn't make one that fits YOUR needs. I use write in the rain notebooks and sketch my own. Or I will draw one page up, and give one of my daughters $5 to fill in all the rest.

It's the old 'why re-invent the wheel' kinda thing.
As with others I use the Impact Data....5 minutes on their website and I've ordered a set of pages that are pretty much exactly what I want. I ordered enough for the year early this spring...about $20 and delivered to my door in a week.
As opposed by spending hours to design essentially the same and print them out.
My time is worth more than that.

We have FREE to-scale targets and FREE Pages here, they are a great addition to our modular books.

Storm Tactical FREE Downloads, Targets, Sniper Rifle, Precision Rifle, Storm Tactical University

I also have re-worked FBI qual targets I can email to active LEO (free), if you want to shoot me an email.

Our new Pocket Data Books are very popular with LE and MIL since they weigh under 5 ounces. Myself and active/former USMC snipers developed them, and the schoolhouse instructors use them.

Storm Tactical Pocket Data Book

stockpackweb.jpg

usmcweb.jpg

Last edited:
It's the old 'why re-invent the wheel' kinda thing.
As with others I use the Impact Data....5 minutes on their website and I've ordered a set of pages that are pretty much exactly what I want. I ordered enough for the year early this spring...about $20 and delivered to my door in a week.
As opposed by spending hours to design essentially the same and print them out.
My time is worth more than that.

There ya go makin sense and whatnot!