• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Roedale bipods versus ATLAS V8

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
Today I've received 2 bipods from Roedale, the first one is the Raptor, now is working, no problems, the second one is the RH 50 MK 1...... first impression is very, very good..... rock solid, easy to handle, very stable.

Pete, probably I would buy also this one, give me same day to test it.... but I prefer MK 2 version...

some pictures only for visual check... fire test soon..

DSCN2931.jpg

DSCN2930.jpg

DSCN2929.jpg

DSCN2928.jpg

DSCN2927.jpg

DSCN2926.jpg

DSCN2925.jpg

DSCN2924.jpg

DSCN2923.jpg

DSCN2922.jpg

url]

url]

url]

url]

Re: Roedale bipods versus ATLAS V8

the words " versus " is not correct..... in this topic only a visual presentation of 3 different bipod....

in the next future I'll do some test of these bipods..

I've used the ATLAS with my HTR and is a very good bipod, now the version 8 works good also on my .338

I think MK I will be better than RAPTOR...

The last one was stolen from a Mech warrior... He's getting about with no legs now.

Nice looking piece of kit, but it will only work on a spigot?

the price for Raptor is 385 eur, for RH 50 MK I 240 eur, for MK II 265 eur......

I think RH MK I/II are a little bit taller than ATLAS

DSCN2919.jpg

from roedale webshop..

Standard fitting is Versapod Spigot ( Like the McMillan TAC -50 & Steyr SSG08 / HS 50 and all other Versapod spigot equipped rifles)
With the help of an adaptor this bipod can simply be adapted to suit Accuracy International, Picatinny and Sako TRG fitting.

we sell the bipods direct.

The RH50 MKII ( which is exactly the same as the MKI but has 45° leg capability) weighs 4 1/4 oz more than a harris series S model LM.
So although it looks very chunky and indestructable (which it pretty much is) its not a heavy bipod at all.

There are adaptors available for AI/AICS, Sako TRG and i'm just working on one for Picatinny. We will get pics up in the webshop of the adaptors shortly

MKII on its way to you Davide. let me know what you think.

Pete

ok thanks..... I'll do some test but be sure I'll buy also one MK ....... if you agree instead of monday I'll ship you back the 2 bipods older Raptor and one MK.... as soon as I've finished.. so, some days more.

there is also the owner of www.armeriacamuna.it interested to the MK series and I'll see him in the middle next week.

to be honest guys, the RH50, either Mk is a better bipod than the Raptor trg style in my opinion and ive been thinking about phasing the raptor bipod out. Not that the Raptor trg type is a bad bipod, it isn't, but i do like to be able to lock the bipod so it doesn't make a racket flopping about and i do like the chunkyness of the RH.

The RH is lighter, stronger and has the friction lock. and its cheaper.
what i have been thinking about is a RH version with the pivot point of the legs higher up like the trg style.this would mean flipping the cradle on its head, but its possible,this version which i will probably call the Raptor MKII is a few months out yet.

The question is, does it offer any advantage. the pivot of the bipod in relation to the rifle is the same position. does having the pivot of the legs a little higher give a real advantage to stability when shooting ?

the down side is that the higher pivot point of the legs can in some cases interfear with Nightvision equipment and laser type accessories.
Also the current RH50's stay out of the way of a fully suppressed barrel.

I will continue to make the TRG type bipod as our retail price is about 10% cheaper than the dealer buy in price for an original TRG bipod here.

what do you guys think, i am more than open to suggestions and ideas. Ive got a RH50 MKI and MKII on thier way to Lowlight for review and will appreciate his feed back too.

rgds Pete

Nice pods...but daymmm!!! how the hell im supose to focus only on that pods with that picture on the bottom lol! whewww!!

Second one looks solid tho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so at today's conversion- the raptor costs $519? is that correct? Is there a fixed US price or will it vary with according to the market? </div></div>

Raptor bipod is 323€ thats $439 + shipping, export etc

RH50 MK I is 201€ thats $273,58 + shipping, export etc

RH50 MKII is 222,68€ thats $302 + shipping, export etc

We deal in € Euro. so you can take advantage of the exchange rate fluctuations or not, but it pays to watch the tendencies. Dont forget that you guys outside the EU don't pay the 19% German VAT. you only see the tax free prices if you register with the webshop and log in other wise the standard EU taxed prices are shown.

rgds Pete

Hi Pete, I'm very interested to buy RH50 MKII (my friend Davide P. tells me that is exceptional). I have AICS stock. How I can buy adaptor for this stock ? In roedale web site I do not find this item.

Best Regards

the testing was fine, same results, with the raptor and the MK I, I've also show the 2 bipods to a friends of mine, he is an active police sniper.

video

picture

017.jpg

Raptor and MK I and II give me the same performance, no problem to switch from one to another....... same thing with the Atlas V8.....I think the MK series looks better in very bad ground conditions,moud, friable soil...ecc ecc..... but at present time never found this conditions.....my idea is to use the Atlas V8 with my HTR where I can load the bipod very well.

the sling is a mirage band... to deviate heat from the barrel , but I've also seen I can have the same performance if I reduce the scope magnification...

Has anyone used the Roedale MKII bi-pod with a TRG? On the website it stated that it had an adapter but is it just a rail adapter or is it a out the front adapter? That Roedale looks like you can drive a truck over it. It there a way to change the feet out on that bi-pod or buy extra ones? I wouldn't mind having a spiked foot one and one with soft rubber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: davide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the sling is a mirage band... to deviate heat from the barrel , but I've also seen I can have the same performance if I reduce the scope magnification...

</div></div>
Thanks. I have not seen one set up like that before.