• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SAC 223 BUILD

Re: SAC 223 BUILD

Had Mark build me a 223AI off of a stainless M700 action. As you will find others here tell you, he does great work at a fair price all within stated build times. Mark also keeps you informed and is only a phone call away if you have any questions. A big thumbs up for SAC.

23.jpg

223AIA1.jpg

21.jpg

You have made a very good choice in rifle smith. Not to take away from any of the great builders anywhere, but I consider Mark at the top of this game. he is very professional, curtious, and honest. Not to mention, his customer service is of the very best you will find anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had Mark build me a 223AI off of a stainless M700 action. As you will find others here tell you, he does great work at a fair price all within stated build times. Mark also keeps you informed and is only a phone call away if you have any questions. A big thumbs up for SAC.

23.jpg

223AIA1.jpg

21.jpg

</div></div>

I'll pay you to give me the opportunity to fondle that beauty. I'm only two hours south of you.
smile.gif

Cooper556, I wanted the most out of a 75gr Amax and decided to go with the improved .223 over the plain .223. Mark throated the 24" 1:8 Mike Rock barrel for that bullet so it just fits in an AI magazine, that OAL escapes me at the moment. I now run the 80gr Amax as well as the 75gr between 3-3100fps with great results.

Here's a 5 shot group I managed to squeeze out in load development, so the rifle and load have poetential it's just the nut behind the trigger.

221group.jpg

Mark has one of my actions right now. I am going with a straight .223Rem. I have probably 2 to 4 more months to wait though. I am really excited to have it all finished up. It has been a long time coming for me. It will be running an 18" SS Bartlein heavy varmint contour and throated to run 75AMAX to fit in an AI polymer magazine. The action is being trued and a side bolt release installed also. I have a new McMillan adjustable HTG in GAP camo with a Badger Ordnance M5 inlet on order for it as well. I think I am going to have the action ceracoated in flat OD green. To top it off, I have a nice USO ST-10 with USO rings and base to go on it. I can't wait to work up a load when it is all done. I am hoping to have a little time before it gets too cold outside, but I'll be shooting it all winter regardless.

I had Mark do a little work to a .308 700 I have a couple years back and he was really nice and easy to work with. When it came time to build my .223, he was a my first choice. Not the cheapest, but the work speaks for itself. I will keep going back.

I say you can't go wrong! Mark isn't building my current 223rem but he didn't hesitate to hook me up with a spare PTG single pc bolt recently and had it in the hands of Mike Bush in a jiffy.

He's super easy to deal with and willing to do what it takes to see a project come together even if he isn't the guy doing it, truly a stand up dude!!!! I'm highly considering having Mark screw together my next rig.

++ Props to Mark Gordon.