Rifle Scopes Same old Topic - Different guy - TacScopes

HPMike800

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2011
Phoenix, Az
Hey Guy's:
I'm a Highpower shooter that's doing a 22" 308 Tac build. I post on 6BR and HP forums, but, this seems like the place for this question. I need a scope!! Top end scopes are out of the question. Also I want to stay with MOA.

I'm down to the:

Weaver Tactical 4X20 (milldot) A very good local HP/Tacshooter recommended it.

Sightron III 6X24X50 MOA (FFP? no info)

Vortex PST 6X24X50 MOA (not much reviews)

I did some searching here and it seems that Vortex has a good rep. SIII have a good rep in the target shooting world. The weaver tac has a good rep here and the only other glass I have is a weaver that has served me well, but, I think in MOA.

Your thoughts are appreciated. Any other recommendations?

Mike

Re: Same old Topic - Different guy - TacScopes

The weaver is a good scope but mismatched turret/reticle.

The sightron buy all accounts is a very good scope, it is SFP.

Of the three you listed the only one available as a FFP moa/moa scope is the Vortex.

FWIW, they also make a SFP version of the scope for about 100 less.

PST's are assembled in the Philippines

Have you considered the Bushnell Elite 6-24 tactical?

They get excellent reviews.

I sort of hate to leave unfinished threads. Well, I did more work on the subject and all the stuff under 1,000 had something lacking I was unwilling to accept. The Vortex PST (FFP,MOA/MOA) was the only one that really met the features I wanted. After talking to some serious glass shooters here in AZ, they put a heavy premium on made in Japan/Germany for reliability.

In the end I robbed peter, paul and mary to pay Scott and got a Vortex Razor 5X20 FFP EBR-1. A lot of the discussions here were helpful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike T</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sort of hate to leave unfinished threads. Well, I did more work on the subject and all the stuff under 1,000 had something lacking I was unwilling to accept. The Vortex PST (FFP,MOA/MOA) was the only one that really met the features I wanted. After talking to some serious glass shooters here in AZ, they put a heavy premium on made in Japan/Germany for reliability.

In the end I robbed peter, paul and mary to pay Scott and got a Vortex Razor 5X20 FFP EBR-1. A lot of the discussions here were helpful. </div></div>

I really want to try one of the Razors. lots of solid reviews from people who's opinion i actually trust.

I've got 4 Schmidt and Benders and 1 Vortex Razor. I've had the Razor for a month or so and I have to say that I am impressed... Am I impressed enough that my next sope will be a Razor vs a S&b... Time will tell