• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Savage MkII stock options

Walsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2009
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I've seen some really cool looking Sako Quads on here. Does anyone do that kind of work with a Savage MkII FV? Looking to get a MkII next month, and my only hope for a different stock is me myself cutting one out of wood. Is there any place that makes good fiberglass stocks for a Savage MkII?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

Re: Savage MkII stock options

You can. Bondo and fiberglass are fairly easy to work with. I'll sell you mine for $30 plus shipping even....
DSC02441.jpg

DSC02446.jpg

The Nightforce was only there till my .308 came through. The .308 took about 18 months to complete so the scope sat around till I also had a .22 sitting around. It is a bit funny though, I laughed everytime I took it out.

As for the fiberglass/bondo, you can go about it many ways. That stock is the just the factory stock built up. PM me if you really wanna try makin one. You could do one in a weekend if your halfway good with your hands. May not be quite as cool as the name brand but just as functional.

Also, as for wood stocks, check this:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...722#Post1358722

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiteKnight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was that originally a synthetic or a wood laminate Savage stock?</div></div>

Synthetic

Those PDC stocks seem pretty nice, but that's $150 more than what the rifle cost me. For that kind of money, we're talking Anschutz 64 territory.

Be great if there was a stock for the MKII that had a bedding block for around $250.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Digit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These new savage tactical stocks look good...
http://savagearms.com/news/article/?id=lTfizu5tS </div></div>

Wondering if Savage will just sell the stock and if the stock will fit the earlier MKII's. Wait and see, once they become available.

got mine from sharpshooters supply too. I had to do the finish and some prep, but it came out just fine even though it was my first one.

Get a stock from Cwallis his work is amazing and you get your stock within a month or sooner(usally) I am glad i went with his stock very good customer service and outstanding worksmanship