• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

You can compete... Ill be developing for my 338
smile.gif

If all my crap gets here in time! Ive got the feeling Ill be up half the night on friday loading.

Ive got to bail out. Unfortunatly my 250 scenars didnt show today and the 20moa rail does not fit correctly either, so I will be at CDI most of the afternoon milling the base for the seekins recoil lug.

So....looks like Joey wins the comp by default.
shocked.gif

Yeah sorry guys... I actually do have a valid excuse my Premier is not back yet. I had to send her in for some knob upgrades (old one was mushy). And since I sold my old Leupold I don't have an optic at all!

I should have my shit together the weekend after the next one. Again my apologies.

And Ren, dude I already have a big head so please don't make it blow up!
grin.gif

So what did I win?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well son of a whore, I'm disappointed in you lads...I just finished running off 200 rounds of 175gr SMKs for my .308.

confused.gif

I'm still in TDR, though I don't see how a forfeit constitutes a win for Mr. Hotfizzle
whistle.gif

</div></div>

Haha! Sorry to disappoint you gramps. I'm pretty ticked myself because the planets did not align right for me this week... Also loaded 150 rounds of 155 Scenars, now it's just sitting here waiting to be shot.

I'm just that good! Even if I don't compete I still win!
confused.gif
grin.gif
Don't worry gramps you'll see my skillz in action one of these days... Haha!

What did you say? Hang on while I fetch my specs!

I guess you're the champ (if TDR doesn't shoot today) since I chose not to drive an hour in pouring rain, so I could lie on soggy ground in pouring rain, and watch my amazing hand loads get diverted by pouring rain...

Anyway, it's pouring here in Tampa and not looking good in Myakka City today.

It's always fun shooting, playing golf,(or any other activity) alongside people more capable than myself. I promise not to hurt your game, sonny
grin.gif

Haha! That's some funny shit right there...

Yeah it's pouring down here in Ft. Myers as well. I guess it's a good thing we all cancelled. No outdoor activities for me today. I'll just stay home and load some more or blast some zombies on my Xbox - that's always fun.

Have a good weekend gramps.
grin.gif

James... I think Im going to try again this Sat.
I need to zero and develop for a new rifle....now that I have it all together, and some rounds loaded up.

So Ill probably start at 100 and go out to 300 then 500.
Looks like they will have their 500m 4 and 5 inch gong match on Saturday at 10. Do you guys know how long it lasts?

Ill probably be there around noon... hopefully thier match will be over by then...

If anybody else is going ill be down on the left side trying to hit those damn 4 and 5 inch gongs im sure.
smile.gif
Come on over and say HI!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeyhotfizzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ren and Queequeg - keep on dreaming both of you!
grin.gif

I wish I can go but I have some lives <span style="text-decoration: underline">to pretend to </span>save while <span style="text-decoration: underline">checking out hotties and pretending to inspect </span>life jackets <span style="text-decoration: underline">while thong snapping novice boating babes </span>all weekend.
smirk.gif
</div></div>

Fixed it for you!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeyhotfizzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ren and Queequeg - keep on dreaming both of you!
grin.gif

I wish I can go but I have some lives <span style="text-decoration: underline">to pretend to </span>save while <span style="text-decoration: underline">checking out hotties and pretending to inspect </span>life jackets <span style="text-decoration: underline">while thong snapping novice boating babes </span>all weekend.
smirk.gif
</div></div>

Fixed it for you!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Hahahha.... Awesome! Back to work MK2 fizzle.... LOL

Im definatly going to be there tomorrow around 1130 ish.
smile.gif

Jamesz71, Ren, Queequeg, Joeyhotfizzle , I had business to take care of last weekend. I plan on going this Saturday the 26th.
I see there is a 1,000 paper match that starts at 10:00 am.
I should be there at 8:00 am.
Hope to meet up with you guys.

TDR... I have to check to see what I have going on this Sat, but I think I can make it.

Id sleep in a little though as I think they dont open till 9 unless Im mistaken. I still need to develop a little more, but I see the magic comming! I did hit 3 for 3 clays that somebody had left on the 480 yard berm.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I did hit 3 for 3 clays that somebody had left on the 480 yard berm.
</div></div>

Don't be coy. I believe the berm to which you refer is at 575...

Then again I have'nt been there in two weeks and stuff happens quickly these days!

If some of the Douche Receptacles (My tardy clients...) that owe me coinage, pay me this week, I might just make that trip as well.

Will the scheduled match interfere with my shooting lesson? Will Mr. Hot Fizzle object to my using my walker and oxygen tank as an auxilliary shooting rest and spotting scope mount?

I wish I were that good. I was shooting them off of the hip high berm the runs all the way accross the range. I thought it was 400 originally then I was told by one of the locals that it was actually 480. I am doing my part on taking accuracy back this year though. Lots of practice and load development.

Im not sure I will be able to go this Saturday as the boat needs to be excercised! According to the wife she says she needs some boat time.
laugh.gif

Speaking of Mr. Hotfizzle......I think my fellow puddle pirate will be chasing women this weekend!... im sure he will chime in to neither confirm nor deny tho.

Ha pretty funny queequeg! But I'm afraid Ren is right I have some tail to chase this weekend (A guy has to fulfill some needs other than just blasting paper or steel targets)
grin.gif

Also I promise my dad that I will tag along on Sunday for some load development for his brand new 338 LM Crusader. His rifle is sick... Should be fun...

Sorry for the iPhone Pic

photo.jpg

Looks like this sat will be a go for me! I probably wont be there untill noon again tho. The match will be over by then and hopefully people will be clearing out.

See you there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeyhotfizzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ha pretty funny queequeg! But I'm afraid Ren is right I have some tail to chase this weekend (A guy has to fulfill some needs other than just blasting paper or steel targets)
grin.gif

Also I promise my dad that I will tag along on Sunday for some load development for his brand new 338 LM Crusader. His rifle is sick... Should be fun...

Sorry for the iPhone Pic

photo.jpg
</div></div>

You need napkins young fella!
laugh.gif

ETA- I just spoke with someone there at Manatee by phone. The match is open to anyone who wants to participate. $21.00 clams for non-members. It starts at 10:00 and takes about 1.5 hours. If I were to get there at 8:30, there is ample time to get on target, then shoot for record once the match begins.

Converesly, my regular range (Wyoming Antelope Club, St. Pete) is hosting IDPA qualification tomorrow which might be a good idea too!

Decisions...

No but I had a defib in the truck just in case.
we had a great day. Spotted for each other and finally got it dialed in. I was have a brain fart that morning. Hope to meet up with you and Ren the next time out. If I show up next Saturday it will be later in the day. Not sure of the time as I will be in naples untill about 9:00am or so. But the following week is looking good.

Yeps... I was there with Rene. We got there and we were the only ones there on the rifle range. Pretty much had the place to ourselves. I finally was able to hit those damn gongs at 565 pretty much at will. It only took my 338 lapua to do so.
smile.gif
Its looking like I found some magic with the 338.

So far it looks like Ill be there this Sat again... at noon.

Damn Ren, sorry I missed you Saturday.

I was having trouble at 1000 due to a lack of a 20 MOA base on my rifle. I needed another 23 MOA from my 565 zero but only had about 12 MOA left in my scope's elevation range...DOH. So to shoot to 1000, I had to hold at the top of my bottom stadia and was largely guessing, even so. Nevertheless, I started making some hits on the larger gong back there and enjoyed spotting for TDR and a devilishly accurate shooter, the match winner, Jim Padilla, shooting some kind of 6.5mm rifle! Definitely fueling my thoughts for my Savage rebarrel to a 6.5 Creedmore or possibly .260 Remington. I also found that, contrary to the admonition of Mit, the range officer, that my 175 grain SMKs loaded over 44.9 grains of Varget, did in fact get out there and remained super sonic. I find I can safely bump up the load as there were no adverse pessure signs at that load. A little faster can't hurt anything.

I dialed back down after the less thtan fully satisfying 1000 yard efforts and enjoyed nailing the 565 yard poppers.

I bought a EGW 20 MOA base in the proshop and mounted it when I got home. That ought to help next time out.

I'll be sure to drink some Ensure and take my geritol next time out, so you young fellers don't cause my heart to go arhythmic in all the excitement
laugh.gif

I can't make it Saturday afternoon, as I have a birthday party to attend to for my niece. Too bad you young pups can't get your sleepy heads out of bed early like us old school work ethic types who are up at 5:00 due to prostate issues, er,.. I mean..., good habits, yeah that's it...! I could be there in the early a.m.

Huh? What? Ah nevermind...

Hey queequeg: I see your post was at 4:12 am I also am up at 5:00 and at my office desk by 5:15 every day. Must be nice to sleep. Sleep & spare time do not exsist in my vocabulary.
It was great meeting with you Saturday. You definatly made a difference helping me with spotting. If you can'nt make it this Saturday I hope to see you again the following Saturday.

Hey Ren & Joeyhotfizzle , are you guys going to make it???/ i will be late this week. I am also meeting Narsil from the Steyr forum there as well. Hope to see you guys.
be there about 1:30

Man.. Im out for a few days and everybody's talkin smack!
smile.gif

Im hoping to be there around noon. Ive really got to get busy on loading some ammo tonight tho!

I know right? You old guys are ruthless!
grin.gif

Actually I have duty all weekend so it's a no go for me. Although next weekend I'll be there for sure with my old man. He's bringing the GAP so it should be fun. I still have to figure out if he wants to go either Saturday or Sunday. I'll let you guys know. Ya'll have a good weekend and be safe.

Thursdays and Fridays are great days too if there is any chance you Gents can get there. As we drift into hunting season, the public lines are going to be jammed like a mutha on weekends.

Doubly so now that the lightweights who can't hack the minimal heat and humidity we live with for 6 months, AKA summer , has let up. Now that people feel like crawling out of their AC enviros to scare the crap out of us with their crazy gun handling, it'll be a little more complicated getting in and out of our ranges!

Something to keep in mind.

Jason (jr81452) and I got to WAC in St. Pete today and it was productive. My .308 is zero'd in again, now with a 20 MOA base, and I now have plenty of adjustment range to spare to get to 1000 yards while using the center of my reticle.

Once again... I was there... and Hotfizzle was not. TDR911 was there so we shot the sh#t or steel for a while. Those clays we put out at 460 were sitting ducks!

Dale, me and my pops are going this Sunday morning. He's got work Saturday. So hopefully you guys will be able to make it. I can't wait to shoot the FN at 500 meters. Later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thursdays and Fridays are great days too if there is any chance you Gents can get there. As we drift into hunting season, the public lines are going to be jammed like a mutha on weekends.

Doubly so now that the lightweights who can't hack the minimal heat and humidity we live with for 6 months, AKA summer , has let up. Now that people feel like crawling out of their AC enviros to scare the crap out of us with their crazy gun handling, it'll be a little more complicated getting in and out of our ranges!

Something to keep in mind.</div></div>

I know what you mean gramps. Last weekend I went to our local 200 yard range it was packed and everybody was shooting muzzeloaders with the exception of me and my pops. Man it was smoky and annoying as hell! Also those guys doesn't know the meaning of a cold range! Damn snow birds!

Shouldn't "Gramps" be capitalized?

Sunday the 11th...Hmmm, I don't think there'll be anything worth watching on the tube, certanly the local "PRO" football cartoon isn't worth pissing away 3 hours of my amazingly virile, vigorous and potent life.

Might just happen. Though I prefer Saturdays, the sheer numbers of people showing up on weekends for the next couple months is going to take some of the enjoyment out of either weekend day.

Josecalorfizzle, how about you and your Pop calling in sick Friday? Hint, hint
wink.gif

Hey guys , we may have to start going on Fridays as the hunters and snowbirds are taking over again. Too bad we can't turn on the summer heat and drive em away.
This Saturday is a no go for me. I am checking out some land to shoot on. I hope I don't come back smelling like cow shit or get trampled by a bull.
Hope to get together with you guys again.
Now back to working on my reloads.

Shiz.. I forgot...they are closed on Mondays...clack!

I do have Friday off, but were going on a Mini Vacation Fri,Sat,Sun... Ill be back on Monday...but now that my bubble has been popped I guess ill just prep some brass.
crazy.gif

TDR.. if you need help with setting any of that up, targets, windflags, ect.....Lemme know!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ren,

Do they open on Monday's for you? Friggin Sarasotans...

Hey, how about Friday the 9th? You won't be feeling well that day, won't be feeling well, won't be feeling well....

smile.gif

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shiz.. I forgot...they are closed on Mondays...clack!

I do have Friday off, but were going on a Mini Vacation Fri,Sat,Sun... Ill be back on Monday...but now that my bubble has been popped I guess ill just prep some brass.
crazy.gif

TDR.. if you need help with setting any of that up, targets, windflags, ect.....Lemme know!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ren,

Do they open on Monday's for you? Friggin Sarasotans...

<span style="font-size: 17pt">Hey, how about Friday the 9th? You won't be feeling well that day</span>, <span style="font-size: 14pt">won't be feeling well</span>, <span style="font-size: 8pt">won't be feeling well....</span>

smile.gif

</div></div> </div></div>

So you are immmune to hypnosis...