Show your painted rimfires!

00Buck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2007
Canada
I'm thinking of painting my Savage TR and looking for some ideas. I don't care if it's a Savage, CZ, etc, if you have one painted pls post your pics and a quick word on how you did the pattern.

Thanks guys

Re: Show your painted rimfires!

couple of rimfires I've painted with threads here on the hide. The first pic is an savage fvt with my savage budget build 308 behind it. Thread for it is in my signature line. the other is also the mk2 in a boyds stock I reworked and repainted. Have another stock (richards in a btv) in the works right now.
30xh8hz.jpg

34qtuf6.jpg

30mlauw.jpg

Here's mine..
Savage/Anschutz Mark 12
Just Krylon Camo paint and torn masking tape to give it the tiger camo effect..
HPIM0886.jpg

Jake 7.62,

Looks great. I used the same technique to paint my daughters Cricket rifle. Funny thing is that when I told her it was "tiger striped" she got all worried and informed me that she didn't like tigers. So I quickly said "it's zebra striped." To this day she talks about her "zebra striped" rifle.

Neva_with_rifle1.jpg

Gotta love kids.

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Passport223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are a few

Picture030.jpg

tribphoto025.jpg
</div></div>

holy shit.

i won't even ask how u did the 1st one, but dude, how did u do the 2nd one?

Cant claim the 1st as I bought it that way on gunbroker, but the second was breeze.

Just lay down a base coat, cut out some stencles, apply then give it the second coat, same thing for the 3rd coat. Yank off the tape and your done!

This is one I painted for a guys son . I realize its not a rimfire but the paint doesn't really care
wink.gif

7454DSC07632.JPG

I painted the entire rifle Olive Green as a base coat and then used black , brown and tan along with a handful of weeds and brush from the backyard . I take the weeds and brush and hold them in one hand changing the angles I hold it while spraying a little bit of color through it . I just keep changing colors and adding a little here and there until it looks right .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00Buck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some nice work done here, how does the Krylon hold up?

</div></div>

Amazingly well. It doesn't like breakfree/brake cleaner and such but otherwise pretty good.

Great thing about krylon is that if it wears or your get tired of it, it's easy to change.

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AM9000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
dsc0237hb.jpg

Here is my 93TR. </div></div>

You did good on that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hankpac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
After looking at some of these others, I gotta try again. </div></div>

Why? Looks good to me. Wish I had the talent to do something other than globbing paint on with a sponge. Me and stencils don't get along very well.

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baddeerhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love these threads, great way to show your individuality. </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baddeerhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love these threads, great way to show your individuality. </div></div>

I totaly agree

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CharlieTN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
CompleteRifle2.jpg

Here's my recently painted MKII FV in Boyd's Tacticool stock.

Charlie </div></div>That is a good-looking rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wackedoutstudios</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my painted savage mark II. There is a thread about painting it and some others over in the snipers hide gunsmithing forum. It's called Airbrushes and Airbrushing, maybe that will help you some.

gunp19.jpg

</div></div>very nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patton63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the 10/22 that ARPredatorHunter did for my son. It turned out great:

DSCN0601-1.jpg
</div></div> Sweet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran out of tan krylon when I started on mine so I will update when I finish the barreled action.

IMG_5788.jpg

</div></div>

Looks like you were rocking the sponge. Looks great.

Charlie

5945363506_16666b314a_z.jpg

5945363548_2a81f32e33_z.jpg

Finished it up a little while ago. Also did a guitar a lot like this, but added some flames, and the skull is a solid graphic instead of reverse graphic like on the gun.

-Travis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my Tony Kidd Supergrade, McMillan STC stock, airbrushed by Mike Dusold of Dusold Designs, Lewisville, Texas

LSSO064.jpg

LSSO065.jpg

LSSO067.jpg

</div></div>

How often do you have to change the batteries in that rifle. WOW!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glocker17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
clip2.jpg

CZ w/ Krylon Camo paint </div></div>
What kind of mount is that for the flashlight?

Thanks,

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTriever</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Savage Mark II TR, done in GAP camo with Krylon Fusion and a matte clearcoat. Not sure yet as to painting the scope.

MkII_web1.jpg

</div></div>

Excellent job!

This was my first attempt at painting any kind of scheme on anything. I was pretty happy - took me about 10 minutes, if that! I'll be re-doing it to cover the barrel/action/scope soon.

2011-07-12_20-18-50_689.jpg

2011-07-12_20-18-33_149.jpg

2011-07-12_20-19-13_7.jpg