• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SIG 716G2 6.5 CM Accuracy Question

greenmeanie

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2013
I am going to be getting a 716G2 in 6.5 Creedmoore and I will be running it with SIG 140gr Elite Match ammo.

Does anyone have any real world experience in regard to it's accuracy?

Everything I've read says it is sub-MOA but no one has ever said just HOW sub-MOA it is. Is it quarter, half, 3/4 or just inside MOA? You'd think that for the price it'd be a total tack driver.

Without going into job related details I am locked into this rifle and, for the time being, this ammo. So while I appreciate you saying "try X & Y instead" I just can't do it. Although if you know of better ammo to use I could probably try that in the future.

Thanks for the help.

I have had very respectable results with Sig 140gr Elite ammo.

No experience with the SIG 762G2

100yds , benched , scoped, bagged front an rear.

PSA / DC Machine barreled 20" 6.5CM upper....Before True and gluing the barrel

IMG_2693_JPG-360091.jpg

After truing the upper receiver and "glue" ( loctiting the barrel in )

IMG_2738_JPG-386184.jpg

Last edited:
I owned the 762 platform, it came with a test target from factory with sub moa accuracy.

That said, it was hard to add or change components because it is proprietary in most cases.

Also they used to make them with longer barrels.

The one you want comes with an 18 inch barrel, which really doesnt get the most out of the Creedmoor round. Meaning the sweet spot for the Creed starts 22 inches and up.

This is the reason why Seekins SP10 and LWRCI RPPR have used the 22” length. 18” will work fine I’m sure, but for precision 22” is a way I would go.

It’s a nice gun if you’re never going to change much.

I also owned a REPR, same challenges hard to change anything or upgrade barrels for example.

Good luck.

Reactions: LeadZeke