• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

So I got a borescope and WTF is this in my barrel?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-185240_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-185240_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 45
Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet. Was anybody able to explain the thin ring shown on the OP video?
Yes
It’s a “my barrel is crap and now I need another because even though it shoots good I know that ring is effecting me and I can’t sleep at night or get a stiffy and I never should have bought that damned borescope so now which blank should I get and do I get a .075 freebore or .078 and will poor thurston waffles ever get some more tuna?” mark.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
That barrel really sucks…..if you want to admire it on your TV and sip a whisky while doing so.

What I can tell you is that some of my best shooting barrels are far from pretty with a borescope. I also have some very slick looking barrels that don’t shoot that well.

I really don’t care how the inside of the barrel looks if it shoots. Yours is shooting in 1/2MOA with factory ammo and a factory (Remington) barrel. So, all is good.

I mainly use my borescope for cleaning purposes.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *