• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Some Vintage M70 Today

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Meeting another Dishonorable for some range time.

I brought some Vintage M70…..

image.jpg

Next bay…..a dude shooting a braked bolt action. If he is a member on SH, and judging by the form he should be, my apologies for shitting on your hella concussive shit box.

32774E03-5BF7-4E73-B234-0055EC7E3E00.jpeg

Electric Mustang….‘noughsaid

image.jpg

Sorry for the mean tweet.

Last edited:
    Brake man was the epitome of the duality of man.

In the past I found the portrayal of the Colonel displeasing, that cover, but today, today I was the Colonel.

Reactions: BScore
    I set myself up and was waiting for a friend to arrive but unable to deal with the concussion went for a walk.

I’m not a dick but(See Note 1)…..as he let his barrel cool I went back and we talked.

He asked of my rifle, I asked about his (Begara bought at EuroOptic - some sort of 7mm - nice).

He said he had a 30-06 but it wouldn’t shoot well (Savage). Savage haters aside I know they can shoot well, we discussed buyers odds maybe he got a rough one. I told him he needed to get it shooting right.

I asked what he used for ammo and he said “….copper solids, for the environment.”

What an odd thing to say.

You could say to me I use copper solids for the consistency and accuracy they should offer. The environment angle baffled me. Even in California they don’t say for the environment they say “because some tyrannical ass puncher forces me.”

1. The word “but” always means the immediate thought before is a lie.

(Cont)

Need to check my meat…..

CE0F466B-11C7-4F47-866E-1FBB820B4465.jpeg

Last edited:
    I mentioned that with his brake his rifle really barks. Maybe some dudes dont realize what brakes do. He apologized, it wasn’t necessary, and I commented that the rifle is manufactured to take a suppressor it has to have something on there to protect the threads.

Than I mentioned to him that the SJC in MA had just found our 72 year old law banning switchblades was a violation of the Second Amendment and it’s my hope that we can all buy suppressors soon because 30 round mags, ARs and suppressors are more “in common use” nationally than switchblades.

What a fucken book this is turning out to be…….get over yourself OP! Leave the guy alone - he is one of us a shooter!

Continuing the suppressor conversation he mentioned he had lived in Maine and 2A there means 2A - suppressors were available to people but…….”I think about the safety…..”

I cut him off and said don’t talk about safety it means shit, only care for responsibility and accountability. If someone is unsafe that’s on them.

And when he started speaking again something bizarre came out in conversation.

He was in agreement with my rant “but the suppressor forces dangerous gases back in the shooters face.”

The mustang, the copper solids, the dangerous gases - I began to understand.

I must be in the presence if a Gaia Worshipper. A gun totin Gaia man.

It was about this time my friend Mike showed up to hear me ranting about primers being the most toxic part of the whole system and with thousands of rounds fired I probably have a lower lead count than the non shooting population on their couch, the fact the mountain the club shoots into in 360 fashion I expected to be so full of lead that its density would cause it to sink to the earths core and that when I was a kid you could walk on the trash of Boston Harbor like Jesus on the Sea but now whales frolic within site of the skyscrapers.

I’m sure Mike was thinking “I know this douche is extreme online but he’s lost it. Can’t do this shit in public, it’s not right.”

Last edited:
    Not wanting to embarrass Mike I changed subjects. I recognized a sort of “accent” so trying not to be offensive and asking “You are not from around here are you?” I used my equally offensive “I detect a slight accent, are you from Texas?”

Dude is from South Africa.

South Africa makes me sad.

I am sad for any sentient thinking person that comes from there I don’t care the color of their skin.

If you are “for” what is happening in South Africa right now…..I am against you.

This dude obviously wasn’t for it as he left his home and now fears going back, especially with his daughter.

That’s not a race decision that’s a common sense decision.

Last edited:
    Hey! Fuckface! Take this shit to the Bear Pit, it doesn’t belong in a shooting forum!

Anyway the subjects now ranged from Rhodesia, to the guy that sings “Kill the Farmer, Kill the White Man” otherwise known as the South African President, to Mandela being a Terrorist (he was a Communist - I reminded him people called our Revolutionaries terrorists, and they may have been, but a Communist terrorist is a special sort of evil), to Orania, to his grandma unable to get a visa, to the fact that the Boer came to Sud Africa just about 50 years after the Zulu who came in and killed everyone to the Sioux being a coastal Carolina tribe that killed everyone on their way west in an effort to avoid the Englishman.

We found common ground - that it is always good to avoid the Englishman he being Boer, me being American.

05744A6D-324E-465B-93CC-513E8664B6D5.gif

AC7CCE6C-D0E9-4476-B48D-01186B41AF45.jpeg

Together? Together.

EF3F5D8D-D051-4940-8075-62225C426CA8.jpeg

Last edited:
    At this point Mike and I went to a different range to get Mikes new to him “Tactical Lever Action” on paper at 25 and avoid concussion.

When we came back our shooter buddy was getting ready to wrap it up.

We all walked down to recover targets.

He is prepping for a trip to Alaska to hunt Sitka deer. We wished him well. His groups were respectable at 100. I hoped he was prepped for Alaska as it could be nice with blood sucking mosquitos that will drain him of all blood or it could be real shitastic weather he should be prepped for.

I think the kid actually has it figured out and would be more prepared for it than me. Not a dummy.

I think he knows what he knows and is intently studied in it.

Thus I was mind blown by falling for the Gaia worship and not realizing what is happening to SA is the intent for all of us. “Climate Change” being one of those issues to cause fear and beg for government control.

Of course Mike and I also came at him with horror of lost freedoms taken under the guise of the Covid scamdemic.

I told him WHO is just now planning on locking down the continent of Africa for Monkey pox and if he researches it he can decide for himself whether or not he is at risk of getting monkey pox - I for one feel I am immune.

Duality of man……there is a reason why I hate talking to people…………….at the range.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Average guy
    I love that rifle even tho I've only ever seen pics of it. Good shooting today! If you would have spent less time jacking the jaw and likely boring the shit out of some innocent fella, you could have shot a few more times.
    Twenty rounds is a perfect day.

Dudes not innocent if he is believing in or speaking of climate fallacy.

If he buys the climate BS he was likely all in on the Covid BS.

It’s been liberating not giving a fuck what I say when presented with absurdity. As a group we are 50 years too late to have prevented what we now live.
    0E275F2E-9721-40D2-BB88-42200DCDDC45.jpeg

5 more hours at sub 200 should make this forkable.

0D01A81D-68FC-4ED4-A5B0-E9D2B7387A1D.jpeg

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    It’s been liberating not giving a fuck what I say when presented with absurdity. As a group we are 50 years too late to have prevented what we now live.
    I am fortunate to have never been in your position and have been able to be quite free with my opinions, right or wrong. I rarely give a fuck, for sure but I sometimes just choose to leave the ignorant as they are. Not worth my time.
    I would argue that we are more than 50 years too late. I'm 63. I am quite certain that on 11/22/63 real overt action of the plans laid out many years prior was taken. The machine killed a sitting POTUS. It then was emboldened and overtly murdered several more times in the 60's. They had to become more covert with their actions but the killing is still happening. I think they recently had a failed op.
    But that was not the start of it, in my opinion.
    I would argue it goes back to Lincoln sending federal troops to NYC and ushering in the federal over reach we are all so very aware of now in the guise of saving the union of states. Exacerbated by the likes of both Roosevelt's, Wilson, LBJ, Nixon, Clinton, Reagan, both Bush's and all 3 terms of Obama.
    Even if Lincoln was not the root cause, at the very least, years 1909-1913 were. 16th amendment, 17th amendment, Fed Reserve. Add insult in 1919 with the 19th.
    Jefferson was right to not trust a central bank. JFK was against the big banks and the Industrial-Military Complex and was killed for it.

The appropriate answer for anyone who shoots copper solids because "the environment" is always "Copper requires an excessive amount of toxic chemicals to process from its ore state, but lead processing from galena is simple and much more environmentally friendly."

Also, for the carbon nazis, tell them you're feeding the trees CO2 so they can grow up big and strong.

The appropriate answer for anyone who shoots copper solids because "the environment" is always "Copper requires an excessive amount of toxic chemicals to process from its ore state, but lead processing from galena is simple and much more environmentally friendly."

Also, for the carbon nazis, tell them you're feeding the trees CO2 so they can grow up big and strong.
    I don’t think we do any lead processing in the US anymore….

You know recycling can handle it…..except we probably sell all our recovered lead to CHYNA.

Reactions: Redmanss