• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Southern NH Fall Turkey Hunting

sroc112

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2024
USA
Would like to make my way up to NH this fall for a short turkey hunt, preferably in the southern portion of the state to keep my commute somewhat reasonable. From my understanding, basically all land is open to hunting except if it's specifically posted that it's restricted.

I'm not looking to just park along the highway and start walking around in camo with a shotgun. Anyone familiar with some larger public land areas in the lower portion of the state that may be open to hunters? And where it would not be a standout or alarming for a hunter to be present?

Would like to make my way up to NH this fall for a short turkey hunt, preferably in the southern portion of the state to keep my commute somewhat reasonable. From my understanding, basically all land is open to hunting except if it's specifically posted that it's restricted.

I'm not looking to just park along the highway and start walking around in camo with a shotgun. Anyone familiar with some larger public land areas in the lower portion of the state that may be open to hunters? And where it would not be a standout or alarming for a hunter to be present?

Southern NH is just basically North Boston.

You are better going to central and getting friendly with some farmers.

There is probably a club or federation group up there that does a banquet or has a membership.

Probably also best to get a mod to move the thread into Hunting or into “member hookup” as you may find some turkey hunters in those areas, while the bear pit will just razz you mercilessly or give you advice for hunting bears. @MarinePMI can probably help you out.

Sirhr