• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Spot scope stands for COMPETITION

PHSGT

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2009
Reno, NV
I am curious as to what your opinions are on the competative Spotting scope stands. I am wanting the Creedmoor Sports version the "Big Blue". Only problem is the cost. What are your recommendations? I may just fire up the mill/lathe and make one to have in time for Camp Perry when I compete with the M1 FOR VETS Rifle team.
Thank you,
PH SGT

Re: Spot scope stands for COMPETITION

I just picked up my Ray-Vin this morning from the post office, I haven't even opened the box yet as I'm still at work!

I looked at a bunch online and the Ray-Vin looked to be a solid choice that others recommended.

we see alot of those at the range, when the scope is set high (i.e. Scoring) the wind seemms to drift them a tad, please keep me informed maybe that was just that stand. Ray vin makes great stuff!

I use the Ray Vin for Highpower and have never had an issue with it, as for swaying in the wind, we do not get too much in the wind tunnel ranges we shoot in out here!

Do you guys use spotting scopes at tactical comps if it isn't a team event? I was considering a Bushnell Excursion w/ mildot but I didn't think I'd have enough time to use it properly. Not true?

Purple ... "Oh I wouldn't give a bean ..."
(Former 1/15th 3rd ID
smile.gif
)

I have a Big Blue for my Kowa 82mm and it works great for highpower matches. You can adjust it out exactly the way you want it and it's heavy enough to stay put. But it's NOT recommended for field use, just too heavy and bulky. Also make sure you have a bag to carry it in or the sharp edges and knurled knobs will scratch up the inside of your trunk pretty bad. Don't ask me how I know. :-/