• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Starting at the end instead of the beginning

Re: Starting at the end instead of the beginning

What I do that works is when I click on a thread, as soon as the screen refreshes I put the cursor on the right side "top" scroll arrow and click it.When the thread loads I'm on the first post.

I was having the same problem, and stumbled in here with the intent of posting this question till I saw this thread. With no helpful responses, I thought I would try and figure it out.

Not going to swear that I have this figured out, but after playing with the settings I think I have got it.

1. Click on my stuff at the top of the page.
2. Choose edit display preferences.
3. At default watch sort choose creation time.
<span style="font-weight: bold">4. Default starting view must be set to Traditional Forum View </span>
5. Scroll to bottom of page and click submit.

I did this and then I went into some forums that I had not visited before and then picked threads with multiple pages. I did this 7 or 8 times. Each time it took me to the first post on the first page of the thread.

Hope this helps everybody.

ETA: The above seems to be hit or miss. I just logged in, went to a thread that was 5-6 pages long and it does not take me to the first post in the thread. It took me to the last page. Then when I came to this thread to edit my post above it took me to the first post of this thread. IDK and good luck to all trying to find out.

ETA: 3-16-11 added step 4 above. Tested on multiple threads that had six or more pages and each and every time it started on page 1 post 1.

All I do is click the page # under the subject/poster heading

for example for a multi page topic like this one in optics forum.

:Ring Height Info - How to Measure Correctly
( 1 2 3 all )
***** by palmik

I'd click the #1 for the first page/first post to open.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bronco_buster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the heads up! Been a gripe for a while! </div></div>

It is kind of hit or miss. Sometimes it seems to work perfect. Other times not so perfect.

Holy HELL, THANKS!!! I had to also go to Cookies and "expire cookies" to get every forum and thread to work. You need to log in again after doing this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caustic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I do is click the page # under the subject/poster heading

for example for a multi page topic like this one in optics forum.

:Ring Height Info - How to Measure Correctly
( 1 2 3 all )
***** by palmik

I'd click the #1 for the first page/first post to open.

</div></div>

this works, FYI