Help on first build- Origin, TL3, Kelbly, CDG, or Solus?

That's a tough call. I really like the integral rail and lug. I also like the overall fit and finish and build quality of the Kelbly. I think that the extra features are worth $200.

But, would I buy the Prometheus before the Origin??? I'm not sure. While most chassis can handle the Kelbly trigger hanger, you may run in to some stocks that need to be milled. My Prometheus is new and I have only fitted it and not fired it yet, but the initial bolt close is stiffer than my Origin. My Origin has more rounds down range though. I expect my Kelbly to break in and smooth out a lot over time. I have a TT Diamond in both. I think if I were to start over with the Kelbly, I'd go with a Bix n Andy trigger so that I could adjust my sear height.

Honestly, I would go with Origin or ARC CDG which are both in the same price range. The ARC CDG gives you the extras for the same price as the Origin. I think those 2 should be your focus. Do you want 2 lug and 90* or 3 lug and 70*.

Otherwise, you'll get in to the game of chasing just a couple of hundred more and I could get "x". Then it's but for just an extra $150, I could get "y".
Ok- so the Origin or the CDG? Seems like the CDG has a lot going for it but at the same time it has a lot going for it. Seems like more stuff that could potentially go wrong and sounds like some of their previous actions have had revisions. At the same time it seems like there are a lot in the wild and MPA uses them in their rifles so they must be pretty good.

Only questions I have are about trigger hangers and fitting the CDG to a chassis. This is what it states on the ARC website about chassis:
  • Remington 700 pattern compatibility
  • Clearance required for trigger hanger
What does clearance required for trigger hanger mean? I don't really want to have to modify a chassis on my first bolt action build if I don't have to. Are there certain chassis that are better and/or worse for a CDG?

And it states the CDG is compatible with any Remington 700 trigger? I was looking at a TT diamond or special- I assume these are good options? Looks like main difference is trigger weight?

These may be dumb questions but I just don't want to run into any "gotchas" putting this thing together. Seems pretty simple but complicated at the same time. LOL

Thanks again!

I have run/owned all the major actions except the CDG. I had an ARC Archimedes and didn’t love the amount of play on the bolt so sold it.

My current main match rifle is a Lone peak fusion and it’s amazing.

My first custom was a bighorn TL2 and was good but bound very easily. The TL3 and origins are a big improvement from my TL2.

I currently have the lone peak, kelbly nanook, and 2 origins. Honestly I like the bolt feel of the origins the best, they are insanely smooth. The rails are pinned so shouldn’t be an issue but I would prefer a 1 piece rail just to remove a possible issue.

The big plus for the origin over all of your other options is the mass availability of prefit barrels both used and new. I was able to pick up 2 custom barrels lightly used off here for about $200 less than just a single custom prefit. All the actions you listed have the option for prefits but the origin had the option for Origin, TL3, and savage prefits with the use of a Hunts Long Range recoil lug. I try to buy TL3 barrels since they in theory should be easiest to sell since both TL3, and origin can use them.

I think the origin is proven, has a company with a stellar track record, and when you call someone actually answers the phone.

I have also tried other peoples solus and it was really nice, not as smooth as my origins but it’s a shorter bolt through so to be expected. Deal breaker for me on the solus is they don’t currently have a 223 bolt head, which I was wanting.

Last point I want to make is the action means very little as long as it cycles, feeds and ejects, which all of the actions you are looking into will do very well. The barrel is what matters for 99% of accuracy.

Hope this rambling is somewhat helpful.

Ok- so the Origin or the CDG? Seems like the CDG has a lot going for it but at the same time it has a lot going for it. Seems like more stuff that could potentially go wrong and sounds like some of their previous actions have had revisions. At the same time it seems like there are a lot in the wild and MPA uses them in their rifles so they must be pretty good.

Only questions I have are about trigger hangers and fitting the CDG to a chassis. This is what it states on the ARC website about chassis:
  • Remington 700 pattern compatibility
  • Clearance required for trigger hanger
What does clearance required for trigger hanger mean? I don't really want to have to modify a chassis on my first bolt action build if I don't have to. Are there certain chassis that are better and/or worse for a CDG?

And it states the CDG is compatible with any Remington 700 trigger? I was looking at a TT diamond or special- I assume these are good options? Looks like main difference is trigger weight?

These may be dumb questions but I just don't want to run into any "gotchas" putting this thing together. Seems pretty simple but complicated at the same time. LOL

Thanks again!

With most chassis you shouldn’t have a problem with the trigger hanger… and if you like the MPA Matrix Pro chassis then just buy the complete rifle from them.

I don’t have an MDT yet, but one is on the way, so I could test fit my ARC CDG but I wouldn’t think there would be a fit problem. But if you search the ARC CDG threads here you’ll see what other chassis people have used. There is a specific build thread somewhere.

And yes, the TT Diamond and Special are both great. Only real difference is pull weight range.

I have run/owned all the major actions except the CDG. I had an ARC Archimedes and didn’t love the amount of play on the bolt so sold it.

My current main match rifle is a Lone peak fusion and it’s amazing.

My first custom was a bighorn TL2 and was good but bound very easily. The TL3 and origins are a big improvement from my TL2.

I currently have the lone peak, kelbly nanook, and 2 origins. Honestly I like the bolt feel of the origins the best, they are insanely smooth. The rails are pinned so shouldn’t be an issue but I would prefer a 1 piece rail just to remove a possible issue.

The big plus for the origin over all of your other options is the mass availability of prefit barrels both used and new. I was able to pick up 2 custom barrels lightly used off here for about $200 less than just a single custom prefit. All the actions you listed have the option for prefits but the origin had the option for Origin, TL3, and savage prefits with the use of a Hunts Long Range recoil lug. I try to buy TL3 barrels since they in theory should be easiest to sell since both TL3, and origin can use them.

I think the origin is proven, has a company with a stellar track record, and when you call someone actually answers the phone.

I have also tried other peoples solus and it was really nice, not as smooth as my origins but it’s a shorter bolt through so to be expected. Deal breaker for me on the solus is they don’t currently have a 223 bolt head, which I was wanting.

Last point I want to make is the action means very little as long as it cycles, feeds and ejects, which all of the actions you are looking into will do very well. The barrel is what matters for 99% of accuracy.

Hope this rambling is somewhat helpful.
Thanks so much for the response! I'm probably complicating this way too much which I typically do. I probably just need to order the Origin and be done with it.

I have been looking at the Proof pre-fits. I know there have been some barrel recommendations in this thread and I'd have to go back and look at them but do you have any recommendations on barrels? I like the $650 price range of the Proofs. I understand the barrel is the heart of any good rifle and don't want to skimp but also don't have unlimited funds and don't want to go too crazy on this build since it's my first bolt action build and there are going to be a lot of other accessories to purchase- scope, bipod, trigger, chassis, etc.

Thanks again!

I love reading these threads. Everyone says don’t buy this because it’s shit, buy this because this is what I use. What is so hard about building a custom is that it’s so hard to get one’s hands on the parts and get a feel for what that person likes and dislikes. (Barrels excluded, if a fellow can get his hands on a rifle’s chamber and rifling, he’s a better man than me, bore scopes excluded :D ).

I am using many of the Don’t buy this shit stuff and it all works great, does what it’s supposed to do and does it every time. I’ll bet the man who pictured the MPA handgun from years ago, drives a ford.

Anyone that built this shit, will never get another penny of mine.

Ford Quadrilcycle

IMG_3865.jpeg

So, I look at building a rifle is like building a house. The first one is the trial model. You build what you think will work, figure out what actually does work and what you actually like, and then go that route on the next rifle. And then there’s always the Precision Rifle classes that have loaner rifles. You can get your hands on stuff and actually see how it works. Then go home and build something Great.

I recommend, get what YOU like first, not what is cheapest, not avoiding it because someone else calls it shit. Because, you know what, they may actually have a shitty outlook on life anyway. When you get it together go shoot. by then, you’ll have an idea what needs changing and what is ok. Now, just go on and plan and build a second (and the third) rifle. At least start out with good parts that others will also want, so you can sell them if the budget requires to fund the next rifle.

Last edited:
Reactions: AirgunnerPCP
With most chassis you shouldn’t have a problem with the trigger hanger… and if you like the MPA Matrix Pro chassis then just buy the complete rifle from them.

I don’t have an MDT yet, but one is on the way, so I could test fit my ARC CDG but I wouldn’t think there would be a fit problem. But if you search the ARC CDG threads here you’ll see what other chassis people have used. There is a specific build thread somewhere.

And yes, the TT Diamond and Special are both great. Only real difference is pull weight range.
Haha, that's what I've told myself several times- just buy the MPA complete rifle. I do like the idea of having a "one of one" rifle and would prefer and enjoy the process of building my first bolt action.

I keep flip flopping but will probably just buy the Origin and look at an MDT chassis. Not sure why I'm stuck on the MDTs but I think it's because I see a lot of MPAs out there and just want something different.

And yes, I've read through the CDG build thread and CDG announcement thread as well. Kinda driving myself crazy at this point. LOL

I really appreciate all your help and feedback!

Make it simple

Origin Short Action Standard .308 Bolt Head
Proof Comp Contour PreFit Barrel
TT Diamond
MDT or MPA Chassis
EuroOptic Razor Gen III
Scope Rings or Mount of your choice

The one option you may want to consider
A Hunts Long Range Recoil Lug
If you get this, then buy a TL3 prefit. Now your barrels can be used on either a TL3 or the Origin.

Haha, that's what I've told myself several times- just buy the MPA complete rifle. I do like the idea of having a "one of one" rifle and would prefer and enjoy the process of building my first bolt action.

I keep flip flopping but will probably just buy the Origin and look at an MDT chassis. Not sure why I'm stuck on the MDTs but I think it's because I see a lot of MPAs out there and just want something different.

And yes, I've read through the CDG build thread and CDG announcement thread as well. Kinda driving myself crazy at this point. LOL

I really appreciate all your help and feedback!
MPA can build some really good rifles. Like I noted earlier, there will be several who will bad mouth them. My only problem with purchasing a complete rifle from MPA is, you miss all the fun of building it yourself. It’s a really good experience. (By the way, yes I got one and it’s a WINNER! Just wish I was as good as it is). Pictured, sighting it in while breaking in its second barrel

IMG_1080.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: stevieb92
Kelbly Prometheus gets my vote. And at $1000 that's a great deal.. I've had an Impact, AI ATX, Solus, plethora of factory options, etc. I like the Prometheus the most. Also they have different hangers to time different triggers (to the guy who's using a TT Diamond instead of the Bix'n'Andy)

My friend, I have good news for you... LOL

I'm sure the full length rifle versions will be along shortly!

It says estimated in-stock date 8/21... So, that's next week... You pickup a Magnum .540 bolt face Solus cheap enough, you could justify buying the other 2 bolt heads and then you'd have all 3, and you could swap your barrels and bolt faces at will, from .223/.300 BLK, to 6.5CM, to 6.5 PRC or WSM/SAUM, because all the Solus actions are already designed and cut for running and feeding from both AICS & AW mags.

Reactions: Baron85
Looks like I need to get with the times! That is great news. Looks like it comes down to your preferences then. Neither is going to shoot better than the other with equal barrels.

Reactions: FuhQ
Thanks so much for the response! I'm probably complicating this way too much which I typically do. I probably just need to order the Origin and be done with it.

I have been looking at the Proof pre-fits. I know there have been some barrel recommendations in this thread and I'd have to go back and look at them but do you have any recommendations on barrels? I like the $650 price range of the Proofs. I understand the barrel is the heart of any good rifle and don't want to skimp but also don't have unlimited funds and don't want to go too crazy on this build since it's my first bolt action build and there are going to be a lot of other accessories to purchase- scope, bipod, trigger, chassis, etc.

Thanks again!
I run proof prefits on my match rifle. Lone Peak with proof 6 dasher. Rifle shoots great. My back up rifle is an Origin with a proof 223 TL3 barrel using the Hunts recoil lug. In my friend group we have a few more people that have switched from custom barrels to the proof prefits. You can’t beat the price and the difference in accuracy is usually equal to the customs we have had, a few of the proofs are slightly less than some of the customs we have had but all have been sub 1/2moa with ease.

The cost and ease of placing an order and receiving the barrel within a week usually is just awesome. Shooting steel, and prs type matches you will never notice the potential accuracy difference vs a custom. Key word there is “potential” the Proofs hammer.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
Looks like I need to get with the times! That is great news. Looks like it comes down to your preferences then. Neither is going to shoot better than the other with equal barrels.
That's exactly the way I see it... I could literally unscrew that same barrel off my Solus, and stick it on an Origin, and it's most-likely going to shoot the exact same with that load. I'm not competing, so, it's 6 in one hand, half-dozen in the other for me. As long as I've got a rifle and load that will shoot sub-1/2 minute 5-shot groups shooting off bags (not a vise), I'm pretty satisfied. That's why I didn't mess with anymore load development with the .25 Creed. Sure, I could probably load up some Varget and might possibly get some tighter groups, and might do it someday just to tinker. But for now, the StaBall 6.5 load is putting down some impressive velocities for a 20" barrel and 133's, and still shooting that good... I'll take it! 😂👍🏼

I went with the CDG. I could have saved up for a more expensive action, but why? after taking it down a few times i assure you, the video of ted doing it he is trying to be slow. its so easy and intuitive its crazy. id have paid much more for this action if i had to. 6.5 creedmoor is an excellent cartridge, I'm running 6 creed.
I got ordered this barrel from PVA, action from ARC and stock from foundation and got all three roughly the same time. tickled pink. it all bolted together no fuss, the only thing I will say is with the CDG action you want to run AI AW magazines, they are the absolute tits. when getting your bottom metal if anyone asks just go for the "standard" latch and everything will bolt right together. or get the mdt bottom metal, it's adjustable I hear.
if you get the wrong latch like I did it's a very simple job to take a file to it and make it 30 thousandths shorter.
other than that my whole setup took me about 30 mins to bolt together and get just right. even the file job was about 10 mins extra.

eta don't judge pva on my 10 min rattle can job with lowes heat resistant grill spray paint.

also I run the non pivoting bolt handle on the action so I can run stupid light triggers. I sometimes regret that choice, the pivoting handle seems cool. neat thing is, I can buy that part pretty cheap if I want later on, but I'd need a new trigger.

Attachments

• 20240816_135101.jpg
    20240816_135101.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: Dawhit
also the shorter the throw the heavier the bolt lift feels. the ARC is very usable but a really good 90 degree feels lighter. the 90° bolt throw know never really got in my way but I'm just a rando on the interwebs, you might try it and hate it, depends how you hold the bolt knob I'd guess.
also I'd really recommend PVA for your first prefit order, I'd trust it to go well more than proof.

Last edited:
I went with the CDG. I could have saved up for a more expensive action, but why? after taking it down a few times i assure you, the video of ted doing it he is trying to be slow. its so easy and intuitive its crazy. id have paid much more for this action if i had to. 6.5 creedmoor is an excellent cartridge, I'm running 6 creed.
I got ordered this barrel from PVA, action from ARC and stock from foundation and got all three roughly the same time. tickled pink. it all bolted together no fuss, the only thing I will say is with the CDG action you want to run AI AW magazines, they are the absolute tits. when getting your bottom metal if anyone asks just go for the "standard" latch and everything will bolt right together. or get the mdt bottom metal, it's adjustable I hear.
if you get the wrong latch like I did it's a very simple job to take a file to it and make it 30 thousandths shorter.
other than that my whole setup took me about 30 mins to bolt together and get just right. even the file job was about 10 mins extra.

eta don't judge pva on my 10 min rattle can job with lowes heat resistant grill spray paint.

also I run the non pivoting bolt handle on the action so I can run stupid light triggers. I sometimes regret that choice, the pivoting handle seems cool. neat thing is, I can buy that part pretty cheap if I want later on, but I'd need a new trigger.
Let's make a deal. I won't judge your rattle can paint job if you run a vacuum over that carpet.

Make it simple

Origin Short Action Standard .308 Bolt Head
Proof Comp Contour PreFit Barrel
TT Diamond
MDT or MPA Chassis
EuroOptic Razor Gen III
Scope Rings or Mount of your choice

The one option you may want to consider
A Hunts Long Range Recoil Lug
If you get this, then buy a TL3 prefit. Now your barrels can be used on either a TL3 or the Origin.
Ok- I think I'm about to pull the trigger on the Origin and a pre-fit Proof from Front Range Precision. Heading to lunch and will make the decision when I get home. Both are in my cart as I type. Let's go!!!

Ok- I think I'm about to pull the trigger on the Origin and a pre-fit Proof from Front Range Precision. Heading to lunch and will make the decision when I get home. Both are in my cart as I type. Let's go!!!

get a bipod too

Atlas Cal or AccuTac BR4-G2/SR5-G2 or Warne Skyline

If you want to put more money then CkyePod or TBAC. But since this is a budget build. Stick with the first 3.

as to the origin, I know a guy who shoots a rimX and prefers how the bolt feels to anything else. you're probably going to be real satisfied with that action for forever. the proof barrel may wear prematurely.

Now:
Fix it sticks kit
Armageddon gear heavy fill schmedium
Cole tac cheat sheet
Atlas cal no clamp
A419 or RRS Arca clamp adapter for Atlas Cal
Bore Tech cleaning rod, jag, patches, plastic bore brush
Boretech eliminator
Ballistic phone app
2 x MDT 12rd AICS mags
Self timing muzzle brake (APA little bastard, Hawkins Tank, A419, etc)
Some sort of gun case

Later on down the road:
Garmin Zero
LRF Binos
Garmin 901
TAB minimalist shooting mat
Pelican 1750 hard case for Air travel and riding in the back of pickup trucks during weather. Don't get the Vault model. It sucks.
Custom closed cell laser cut foam insert from mycasebuilder.com
Thunderbeast Magnus S
RRS TVC34

When you are ready to become a semi-Pro shooter:
Shooting Jersey
Gut
Hamster beard
Top 5 trophy in Tac division
Weather vane setup for your tripod
A growing void of resentment between you and your wife
Battle belt
Knee pads
Neon colored base pads for your magazines
A chip for your shoulder

• Haha
Reactions: MxTexas and FuhQ
Now:
Fix it sticks kit
I have bits and torque screwdriver but would like to get fix it sticks
Need to get a real bag. Have shooting bags but not for something like this.
Cole tac cheat sheet
Not sure what that is but probably a dope card?
Atlas cal no clamp
Bipod is on the list.
Have most of this stuff but will look to see if there is anything "special" I need for break-in period.
Boretech eliminator
Ballistic phone app
I use Applied Ballistics and a Sig Kilo3k Rangefinder
2 x MDT 12rd AICS mags
Yep!
Definitely on the list as well.
Some sort of gun case
Yep!
Later on down the road:
Garmin Zero
I have a Garmin Xero
LRF Binos
Need some good binos.
Garmin 901
Pelican 1750 hard case for Air travel and riding in the back of pickup trucks during weather. Don't get the Vault model. It sucks.
Thunderbeast Magnus S
RRS TVC34

I will never be a semi-pro shooter. I can't stand wearing uniforms. LOL
Shooting Jersey

Gut
Hamster beard
Sorry, will never have a gut or a beard. Maybe I'm not cut out for this.
Have some of those in Tactical Games. Will have some work to do in PRS though.

Too late! LOL
Battle belt
Have tons of these for tactical games competitions.
Knee pads
I have knee sleeves. Does that count?
A chip for your shoulder
Had that since I was a teenager.

I think I'm off to a good start! ;)

Origin and Proof 6.5 CM pre-fit ordered from Front Range Precision. Let the games begin!!!

Thanks to everyone for the help! Now onto the next rabbit hole of chassis.
that's just a feel thing. I really like the traditional stock and thumb over grip feel. I like an adjustable cheek piece that goes up and down and side to side. also prefer a canted buttpad.

I strongly suggest trying to go to a local match and trying every stock/chassis you can get your hands on.

My tastes have changed over the years as I have changed my shooting styles. I started die hard stocks only and have switched completely to chassis’s over the last year or so.

I have also tried most of the major chassis on the market other than the vision and sphur. I have personally settled on the XLR ENVY as my favorite for adjustability, cost, and modularity. They also seem to be the cheapest on the used market out of the major chassis. I will say I think they are probably the ugliest though. I do have 1 MDT ACC left and probably not going to replace it with the prices dropping on them, it’s just not worth it to me.

If your not able to go feel them at a local match I strongly suggest buying used off here so that you can resell without much of a loss if you end up not liking it.

Don't waste your money on a TT Diamond! Just buy a TT Special! It goes down to 1 lbs. and for someone starting out, who's never ran a trigger that light, it will be MORE than enough for you. Trust me. I have Diamonds, and I still prefer to save that $150 difference and get a Special over the Diamond.

On sale at EuroOptic right now...

Reactions: Herb Stoner
I strongly suggest trying to go to a local match and trying every stock/chassis you can get your hands on.

My tastes have changed over the years as I have changed my shooting styles. I started die hard stocks only and have switched completely to chassis’s over the last year or so.

I have also tried most of the major chassis on the market other than the vision and sphur. I have personally settled on the XLR ENVY as my favorite for adjustability, cost, and modularity. They also seem to be the cheapest on the used market out of the major chassis. I will say I think they are probably the ugliest though. I do have 1 MDT ACC left and probably not going to replace it with the prices dropping on them, it’s just not worth it to me.

If your not able to go feel them at a local match I strongly suggest buying used off here so that you can resell without much of a loss if you end up not liking it.
I have no PRS experience at all and don't even know where matches are that would be close to me. LOL I'm in Kentucky by the way. I'll definitely check out the classifieds on here and see if there is anything that I like and can possibly save some money on. Thanks!

Don't waste your money on a TT Diamond! Just buy a TT Special! It goes down to 1 lbs. and for someone starting out, who's never ran a trigger that light, it will be MORE than enough for you. Trust me. I have Diamonds, and I still prefer to save that $150 difference and get a Special over the Diamond.

On sale at EuroOptic right now...

I actually had my eye on the TT Special. Looks like it's basically the same thing as the diamond just with a slightly heavier trigger pull weight and a cost savings of $100. I'm good with saving $100-$150 and would prefer a "slightly" heavier trigger pull to start out as you suggested. I use a Geisselle SSA-E in my tactical games rifles so I think the TT Special will be just fine.

Thanks!

Do you guys prefer two stage triggers or single stage? Curved or straight? Or is it really just preference? I like the two stage Geissele for tactical games to prep the trigger before breaking the shot. I was thinking a two stage TT special flat-faced trigger.

single stage, straight shoe is my preference.
I have shot all of them, the shoe makes no real difference. but we like what we like. I usually prefer timneys fwiw. my tt diamond is nice though.
there are prs22 competitions in Jackson KY. I'm still on the prowl for centerfire matches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Potato502
Now:
Fix it sticks kit
Cole tac cheat sheet
Atlas cal no clamp
Boretech eliminator
Ballistic phone app
2 x MDT 12rd AICS mags
Some sort of gun case

Later on down the road:
Garmin Zero
LRF Binos
Garmin 901
Thunderbeast Magnus S
RRS TVC34

Shooting Jersey
Gut
Hamster beard
Battle belt
Knee pads
A chip for your shoulder
Damn it, I have 90% of that, 😔

I actually had my eye on the TT Special. Looks like it's basically the same thing as the diamond just with a slightly heavier trigger pull weight and a cost savings of $100. I'm good with saving $100-$150 and would prefer a "slightly" heavier trigger pull to start out as you suggested. I use a Geisselle SSA-E in my tactical games rifles so I think the TT Special will be just fine.

Thanks!

The TT special is definitely a nice trigger, but when compared to my diamonds, there’s a difference. Can’t really explain it, but the Diamond is an excellent trigger.

Reactions: spife7980
Do you guys prefer two stage triggers or single stage? Curved or straight? Or is it really just preference? I like the two stage Geissele for tactical games to prep the trigger before breaking the shot. I was thinking a two stage TT special flat-faced trigger.

Single stage or Two stage is just preference. I used to like 2 Stage when I shot small bore but for PRS I like single

As for straight or curved, that’s a preference too but I have short fingers so the curved is a slightly shorter each for me and I’ve started to switch my straight triggers for curved.

And as for the Diamond vs the Special. I sold all my specials and have all Diamonds now. So if you think you want to get below 1lb just buy the diamond now

I’m a flat 2 stage fan. I have had diamond and specials and sold the diamond to buy more specials. When set at the same weight, I was unable to distinguish them and neither was my wife and friend. I don’t like going much under 1# for field/PRS type matches but that is my personal preference.

I have recently switched most of my triggers over to Bix n Andy Tac sport X 2 stage flats. I like the break and over travel on the Bix.

None of the above triggers made me shoot better or worse, it is simply how I like the “feel” of the trigger.

For me I like single stage for fast shooting like when I was competing in 3 gun and 2 stage for precision work since I feel that it helps me prep for the shot as I pull the first stage and feel the wall. I also found this helpful in the extreme cold when my fingers weren’t working as well as they would in warmer weather.

Triggers are like actions. Probably won’t really make a difference in your performance, accuracy, scores but is a personal “feel” and enjoyment of use thing. That is assuming you are using any of the mid to upper end triggers that will get you under 2# break weight.

Reactions: FuhQ
Single stage in everything...
Looks like 90% of the PRS shooters use TT and a single stage trigger so I'll probably go with the TT Special, flat, single stage.

Next- trying to pick a chassis.

Looking at the MPA BA Competition chassis or the MDT ACC Premier Gen2. I'd like to stay around the $1k mark or lower if possible.

I've looked at the KRG Whiskey 3 and Whiskey 3 Competition also.

Any suggestions on one over the other? I'm really undecided on the MDT vs the MPA. Seems MPA is the most popular so kinda makes me want the MDT. LOL But if the MPA is the superior chassis then I should just go ahead and get it.

Thanks!

Looks like 90% of the PRS shooters use TT and a single stage trigger so I'll probably go with the TT Special, flat, single stage.

Looking at the MPA BA Competition chassis or the MDT ACC Premier Gen2. I'd like to stay around the $1k mark or lower if possible.

Any suggestions on one over the other? I'm really undecided on the MDT vs the MPA. Seems MPA is the most popular so kinda makes me want the MDT. LOL But if the MPA is the superior chassis then I should just go ahead and get it.

Thanks!
Both are awesome. If you can’t get a feel of them before you buy them go with what you think looks coolest.

Thanks!

I started with a TT special, but moved to the TT diamond single stage, flat. All my precision rigs now have TT diamonds. They are set to 8 oz. Absolutely love them!

I would caution you on the BA Comp when trying to set it up for PRS. I started with one and found I had to add a bunch of weight out front to get it to balance properly. With my Matrix Pro, it is lighter overall and balances correctly. The shorter front end of the BA Comp compared to the Matrix Pro is a disadvantage. I would suggest looking to the MPA ESR. It's got a longer front end than the BA Comp and M-Lok compatible. You might need to still add a bunch of weights but the length is an advantage.

Reactions: LuvDog

Thanks!
Take a look at the Aero Solus 15” Comp Chassis. It does everything the others do, but they don’t have a folding hinge out just yet, but they are very close to releasing it, so then it will be able to do everything the others do. But for comps you really don’t need the folder. And multiple color options to customize it.

there's no reason to get hung up on trigger tech in particular. nice triggers, but so are lots of others. timney makes a new one i havent tried but wish i had.
but your choice is an excellent one.