• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Stupid plastic gas cans

Did you know, you can buy those little vent things (that used to be on all the regular cans) on eBay and such?

All the options shared are truly great, and I have, at times, considered getting something better, but I simply refuse to spend $1 more to make up for the stupidity imposed upon us.

I am partial to the red metal safety cans with the yellow funnel, I have 4-5. The 5 gallon are around $50.
I must speak up about a pet peeve; gas spills, or pouring gas on the ground on purpose. I'm paraphrasing on how it was explained to me, so my ratio is a guess from my old memory. Because of the governments mandate for additives, soil no longer acts as a filter, allowing the gasoline to go all the way down until it mixes with the aquifer. 1/4 cup of gas can pollute like a million gallons of ground water. Not as concerning to some. But should be especially for many folks who are reliant, as I am, on getting water from a deep well, I'm pretty anal about mitigating spills and spreading awareness.

I’ve had a couple of the eagle cans mentioned above for several years and they work great. The funnel attachment that comes with them is a little slow but works good. I mostly use it with a full can until I can run enough out to easily pour straight from the spout. Just recieved some Gelg jerry cans over the weekend but haven’t filled them yet. I ditched plastic cans years ago, the spout wasn’t so bad as the damn things swelling and contracting with temp changes.