• Today we celebrate America. Happy 4th!

Thank you to all the vets and Americans out there and if you were a vet, share your stories below! We're also offering a 15% discount on all subscriptions with code AMERICA24

Share your story Subscribe

Templar action inspired by Monty Python?

Elxx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2008
Tucson AZ
Am I seeing this correctly? Is the background a clip from Monty Python and the Holy Grail? If so...I love GAP a little more =D

templar_action.jpg

Re: Templar action inspired by Monty Python?

It's more about "The Templar Knights" or as History has them "The Knights Templar" than anything else. Research these guys, you'll be blown away by their history.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dunno, looks alot like the Gay Pride Day parade in SF! </div></div>

I've never been, perhaps you need to explain with greater precision how a high quality rifle action reminds you of the Gay Pride Day parade in 'frisco...

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
- Thanks Alabama

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SilentX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dunno, looks alot like the Gay Pride Day parade in SF! </div></div>

I've never been, perhaps you need to explain with greater precision how a high quality rifle action reminds you of the Gay Pride Day parade in 'frisco...</div></div>
Look at the picture again, it's the forest and not the tree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SilentX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dunno, looks alot like the Gay Pride Day parade in SF! </div></div>

I've never been, perhaps you need to explain with greater precision how a high quality rifle action reminds you of the Gay Pride Day parade in 'frisco...</div></div>
Look at the picture again, it's the forest and not the tree. </div></div>

hmmm, interesting

the Gay Day parade has a Spam-a-lot float? lol if that is true

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SD669</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wait.. what? </div></div>

Have you seen the movies? Wasn't it the knights templar that left clues so somebody(Tom Hanks) could find out the secret of the linage of jesus?

Or something like that? ...I've had a few beers so I may be out of it.

Depends SilentX, depends if you.....
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: What do you mean?
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Well, this is a temperate zone
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: Not at all. They could be carried.
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: It could grip it by the husk!
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: Please!
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Am I right?
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: I'm not interested!
<span style="font-weight: bold">Second Swallow-Savvy Guard</span>: It could be carried by an African swallow.
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: Will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Oh yeah, an African swallow, maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Second Swallow-Savvy Guard</span>: But then the African swallow's not migratory...

Sorry couldnt resist, that is one of my favorite scenes in that movie.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlabamaShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends SilentX, depends if you.....
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: What do you mean?
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Well, this is a temperate zone
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: Not at all. They could be carried.
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: It could grip it by the husk!
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: Please!
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Am I right?
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: I'm not interested!
<span style="font-weight: bold">Second Swallow-Savvy Guard</span>: It could be carried by an African swallow.
<span style="font-weight: bold">King Arthur</span>: Will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?
<span style="font-weight: bold">1st soldier with a keen interest in birds</span>: Oh yeah, an African swallow, maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Second Swallow-Savvy Guard</span>: But then the African swallow's not migratory...

Sorry couldnt resist, that is one of my favorite scenes in that movie.
grin.gif

</div></div>

Outstanding!

I'm a bit rusty but I watch this flick about once a year.
The Killer Bunny massacre and What makes you King? clever dialog keeps bringing me back, along with countless other scenes.

Oh yeah, and the GAP Templar action is awesome as well.

o6mkvl.jpg

You mean these guyz.......

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rzcLQRXW6B0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rzcLQRXW6B0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

In the Book of Armaments, does the chapter on GAP come before or after the chapter on the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch? I can never remember.

Brave Sir Robin ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!