• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

The Creedmoor Coolaid

The also take every idiot out of high school as well...
;)
Not just any idiot ou
That is a stupid remark.
The military uses .308 and the civilian benefit is loads of inexpensive surplus ammo. That's is why I use military calibers.

The military also offers education benefits to high school graduates that otherwise would not be able to afford higher education.
Terrific life experiences as well.
cut him some slack.. he may very well be that idiot

I fit in the fudd club too because I love my 30-30, 30-06, & 7mm magnums. I don't shoot any LR or participate in any competitions, but in S. Ga where I live/hunt my fudd calibers fit the bill perfectly for my normally under 150y shots. The way I saw it was that I had all my bases covered as far as hunting capabilities with this spread of calibers. So this helped me to resist the 6.5 Creedmoor. All the fanboy / bandwagon hype I heard from everyone associated with it made me not want anything to do with it. Every magazine, tv show, youtube shooting video etc. you looked at seemed to feature it and gush over its capabilities. Then earlier this year I ended up with a RAP/ Vortex combo with a few boxes of ammo as part a trade with from co - worker. After lots of range time shooting it and hunting with it some I actually liked it, and its light recoil made it fun to shoot for the wife and kids. And as an added bonus the RAP shoots well enough to make me look like a better shot than I actually am, I 've punched some nice groups with this rifle.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I fit in the fudd club too because I love my 30-30, 30-06, & 7mm magnums. I don't shoot any LR or participate in any competitions, but in S. Ga where I live/hunt my fudd calibers fit the bill perfectly for my normally under 150y shots. The way I saw it was that I had all my bases covered as far as hunting capabilities with this spread of calibers. So this helped me to resist the 6.5 Creedmoor. All the fanboy / bandwagon hype I heard from everyone associated with it made me not want anything to do with it. Every magazine, tv show, youtube shooting video etc. you looked at seemed to feature it and gush over its capabilities. Then earlier this year I ended up with a RAP/ Vortex combo with a few boxes of ammo as part a trade with from co - worker. After lots of range time shooting it and hunting with it some I actually liked it, and its light recoil made it fun to shoot for the wife and kids. And as an added bonus the RAP shoots well enough to make me look like a better shot than I actually am, I 've punched some nice groups with this rifle.
I use to feel the same way about the .45 ACP vs the 9 mm. I use to carry a 1911 a lot and liked the big fat .45 round till I was injured in an auto accident.

After recuperating for a few months I could go hunting again but not shoulder a rifle. I decided to try out my Browning Highpower on groundhogs. The round that I used was the Federal Hydro-Shock.

That little round would spread the groundhog's guts everywhere. I felt that if it did that to a groundhog, which is a tough critter to kill, it would do that to the insides of an assailant. So, I started carrying a 9mm pistol instead of the 1911.

I got a Sig P320 last spring. It's the first striker fired pistol I've ever owned and I'm a convert.

It also took me a while to transition from the .45-70 to the .30-06 then to the .308 but I survived. So I'm looking forward to the 6.5CM.

My shooting partner shoots a 6.5 creedmoor and he is working on load development right now. I shoot a 260. Rem. First thing I noticed off the bat between these two cartridges is that 6.5 creed is just a better looking round. He can seat the bullet out way further without fighting with mag length. Velocity seems to be pretty freaking close to not make a difference. Both have alpha, Peterson and Lapua brass, offered in small rifle and large rifle. I choose the 260 due to the fact there was only Hornady brass. If I were to do it again I’d probably go creed or x47 Lapua. I’m actuallh doing a 6mm creed build to try it out

Reactions: 260284

Unfortunately(?) the left eye is doing funny things with the image, looking somewhat distorted. I go in for the surgical followup eye exam (and an unrelated CAT Scan) Wednesday, so I'll be going over the issue(?) with the left eye then. It may just be something related to slow healing; that can take a bit of time, sometimes.

Greg

@greg... Hope you feel better soon. Take care of those eyes...

Reactions: SonicBurlap