• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

The Fix from Q

Seems its also not compulsary to have a little decorum either.

I've had no problems from mine since I received my preorder Fix in Feb 2018.
You should buy a lottery ticket. You've got the best luck ever.
Just reading the entire thread, it a fair assessment.
People have had a lot of trouble with them & I venture over every now & again to see how things are travelling.

IMG_6377.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: esw004 and Dogtown
You should buy a lottery ticket. You've got the best luck ever.
Just reading the entire thread, it a fair assessment.
People have had a lot of trouble with them & I venture over every now & again to see how things are travelling.
I know, I'm just messing with you a little. 100+ pages and there seem to be a few issues. I can say all the parts from Q are good on mine, I had a 6CM made by Tooley and it doesn't like 105 or bigger unless it's polymer tipped. It seems to be the angle of entry with a short case and long bullet. Probably needs a specific barrel extension made.

I know, I'm just messing with you a little. 100+ pages and there seem to be a few issues. I can say all the parts from Q are good on mine, I had a 6CM made by Tooley and it doesn't like 105 or bigger unless it's polymer tipped. It seems to be the angle of entry with a short case and long bullet. Probably needs a specific barrel extension made.
I thought Q said they were working on an extension with different geometry for 6.5 at least

Way back at the start of this thread, there are a lot of guys complaining about what looks to be design issues. I have to be clear that many other companies have released their product onto the market with obvious problems so this is not specific to "Q". This is what perplexes me.
I don't understand why a company would release products prior to eliminating the initial bugs which, are inherent in every new product, damaging their reputation, in some cases irreparably. In my mind, this shows are lack of regard for their customers.
I know there are those who's experiences were good but, upon reading the particular issues many guys had would not instil in me a lot trust, regardless of my personal experience.
A lot of the issues mentioned are of the type that leave no doubt in my mind that the issues were previously known & yet, the product was launched onto the market. In many cases, early adopters have never been compensated or had the issue rectified.
I realise everyone thinks differently & to many who own these rifles with no issues, the conduct of Q doesn't really matter.
I can't fathom why some even show righteous enthusiasm for the rifles which, are in every measure, a solution to a non existent problem.
Anyhow, each to their own & for those who consider The Fix a worthy addition to their collection, all power to you.
I'm a Baser R8 man now & what a marvelous example of design & engineering they are. Blaser could have called the R8; "Not the Fix"
Hmmm, Blaser not the fix. I like the sound of that.

Way back at the start of this thread, there are a lot of guys complaining about what looks to be design issues. I have to be clear that many other companies have released their product onto the market with obvious problems so this is not specific to "Q". This is what perplexes me.
I don't understand why a company would release products prior to eliminating the initial bugs which, are inherent in every new product, damaging their reputation, in some cases irreparably. In my mind, this shows are lack of regard for their customers.
I know there are those who's experiences were good but, upon reading the particular issues many guys had would not instil in me a lot trust, regardless of my personal experience.
A lot of the issues mentioned are of the type that leave no doubt in my mind that the issues were previously known & yet, the product was launched onto the market. In many cases, early adopters have never been compensated or had the issue rectified.
I realise everyone thinks differently & to many who own these rifles with no issues, the conduct of Q doesn't really matter.
I can't fathom why some even show righteous enthusiasm for the rifles which, are in every measure, a solution to a non existent problem.
Anyhow, each to their own & for those who consider The Fix a worthy addition to their collection, all power to you.
I'm a Baser R8 man now & what a marvelous example of design & engineering they are. Blaser could have called the R8; "Not the Fix"
Hmmm, Blaser not the fix. I like the sound of that.
I was an early adopter. I have number 59. I shoot .308 and 6.5 creedmoor original barrels and have had a replacement bolt from Q. My rifle has been accurate out of the box and I’m confident it will fire when I pull the trigger.

As for Blaser, I had the predecessor to the R8 the R93 I was heavily invested in that rifle which actually became 2 rifles. However after numerous fails to fire I lost faith in that rifle and the company. It is known as the Blaser Click. There are all sorts of reasons why it happens, notwithstanding it does.

Unfortunately no matter how much testing any company does you can’t cover every eventuality. Blaser never acknowledged the click. Q acknowledgement certain issues and put them right. Others were put down to user error. I think by and large if you pick any Fix, be that Mini or regular, it will function out the box now days.

As for me, I much prefer the Fix over an R8. Much lighter and the folding stock makes transport a breeze. There are aftermarket stocks for the R8 and I much admit I was tempted to try one and the thought still crosses my mind but it would be £6000 all said and done and I wouldn’t be any happier. The folding stock in the same price as a Fix!!!