• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

The Jesus Christ’s of LRF's - EuroOptic's Vectronix Sale

I couldn't afford one and lucked out getting an old military model, an LRR-104 Mk5. 10km unit but it has a class 4 laser so gotta be careful. $400 for a $10,000 unit on ebay. They pop up from time to time. Once you use a high end LRF that is accurate and doesn't require a barn for a target, it's hard to settle for less.

So this is a way some of you can get your cake and eat it too. And Texas Tightwad can get his 6.5CM Tikka, his Vortex Razor, an extra match barrel, but he's gonna have to settle for just the 15,000 match rounds!

Reactions: TexasTightwad
I got turned off from peoples’ experiences with the customer service. I’m not the luckiest guy in the world, so it’s almost certain that Murphy’s law would pop up and bite me in the gooch

Last edited:
Smartass, go look at the archives about the multiple complaints on the warranty and customer service. Certainly not an isolated incident

The company that was handling things before is no longer involved. The chance of you ever having an issue with a Vectronix is so slim it's unreal, you have to really do something mean to it to damage it to the point of failure. They don't just stop working. Regardless, you can't expect a company to fix a product like this for free that uses very expensive components and is a PITA to get in and out of the country for repair when an end user damages it.

Get an insurance policy for your gear if you're worried about it, it will cover it if it's damaged. If you own items like an LRF that costs as much as a car you'd be a fool not to have insurance anyway. Just like a car, shit gets damaged and stolen. Insure it. If you run your car into a ditch do you take it to a dealer and ask them to warranty the damage? No, you call your insurance company or pay out of pocket. Same difference. The manufacturer is not liable for damage caused by negligence of the end user.

The company that was handling things before is no longer involved. The chance of you ever having an issue with a Vectronix is so slim it's unreal, you have to really do something mean to it to damage it to the point of failure. They don't just stop working. Regardless, you can't expect a company to fix a product like this for free that uses very expensive components and is a PITA to get in and out of the country for repair when an end user damages it.

Get an insurance policy for your gear if you're worried about it, it will cover it if it's damaged. If you own items like an LRF that costs as much as a car you'd be a fool not to have insurance anyway. Just like a car, shit gets damaged and stolen. Insure it. If you run your car into a ditch do you take it to a dealer and ask them to warranty the damage? No, you call your insurance company or pay out of pocket. Same difference. The manufacturer is not liable for damage caused by negligence of the end user.
If they changed things up, then that’s good to hear.

You read the thread I was referring to right?The complaints were that the units stopped working with no indication of why. But the Company didn’t take a hard line stance of not fixing things. They were holding people hostage, according to the thread. Guys were sending in their units and the company was telling them that they were going to charge them more than the cost of a new unit to fix it, or $700 to throw it away. This wasn’t disclosed until after they sent it in. This is why I was skeptic about the company. But like I said, if you say it’s not the same company, then that’s a good thing

I did but I also believe about less than 10% of what I read on the internet. People exaggerate some wild shit out of emotion.

$700 to throw away a dead unit? Please. There's no way they'd ever ask that because there's no way they'd ever collect it.

I did but I also believe about less than 10% of what I read on the internet. People exaggerate some wild shit out of emotion.

$700 to throw away a dead unit? Please. There's no way they'd ever ask that because there's no way they'd ever collect it.

Not criticizing your cynicism; it is understandable for sure. It was hearing the same story more than once and seeing a scanned receipt that had me believing it. But who knows for sure. I thought the story was legit

Anyone going to chime in and give a first hand account of how good the Vector 23 really is?
I mean if you're going to drop some serious coin to get the absolute best it might as well be that.

People with Terrapins...

I have one I bought second hand and it’s been flawless. I understand that if I drop it I’m screwed. I’m not blaming Vectronix for this. I took a risk and am very happy I did. It’s an awesome LRF and I wish Vectronix would have incorporated its reticle in the new Terrapin-X.

Regarding Optics-1, I am currently dealing with them on a warranty issue. Listen people, if your shit breaks or doesn’t work as it should Optics-1 and or Eurooptic will take care of you. I have had nothing but awesome experience with Eurooptic over the years. They are good folks.

Anyone going to chime in and give a first hand account of how good the Vector 23 really is?
I mean if you're going to drop some serious coin to get the absolute best it might as well be that.

Don't ever use one of you don't intend on buying one... I used a friend's vector over 8 years ago, worked my way through a Leica, then an original terrapin, then a Vector. Mine's a vector 4, love it. I had the pleasure of setting up a friend's v21 earlier this month, they are impressive for sure. The biggest thing to look at between them is beam divergence, I think the 21's are some of the smallest, which is handy. I don't have issues with the larger divergence on the v4 though. It was really fun to run them side by side.

I've have had a couple Vector 21's, not sure what the differences are between the 21's and 23's but I know the 23's are a newer model, and more expensive, so probably even more badass.

The 21's are tits. Literally one of the nicest pieces of gear I have ever had the pleasure of owning. The capabilities of the system are just downright insane.

Want to know what the distance is from a spot on that mountain top a several miles away from you to a spot on the next mountain over is? It can do that.

If I spent a lot of time in the mountains out west hunting elk, mulies, and moose I wouldn't be without a pair just because of the triangulation feature. That and a solid spotter is all you need.

The 21s are nice for sure. 12k yards is a breeze

7AEB6706-7C12-4214-A973-F413DBB76FC1.jpeg