thompson center compass rifle input sought

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
bass pro is blowing these out in 6.5 cm @ likely< $250 OTD. does anyone have any direct or observational experience/knowledge of these? would be a cheap hunting backup if my tikka/ zeiss breaks (unlikely). this is only in 6.5 which IS suspicious being it is about the hottest seller these days. wondering why not is several likely slower sellers. have owned higher end TCs in the past and felt that they were decent quality for $. tx for replies.

I don't own one but friend has one in 7mag. Seams to shoot well.

The barrels are thicker than the usual $300 dollar sporters and threaded.

Stocks are typically flimsy maybe a little above the average $300 rifles.

Plenty of people on YouTube singing praises of its accuracy.

I picked one up a couple years ago when kygunco had them at around $250 and TC had a $75 mail in rebate. I've only shot it once to sight it in and I wasn't feeling very good that day so my groups weren't that great. They do have a 1moa guarantee, with high quality factory ammo and a 3 shot group.

A friend picked one up at $199 after a $50 rebate for vets and he said it is shooting 1/2 MOA at 100 yards with factory. It is amazing how lucky we are to be able to buy such accurate rifles for little money.

They shoot.

They probably bought about 10x more 6.5's than anything else and need to reduce inventory. Or they only advertised the 6.5 since it's still the hot new thing.

I just bought one for my stepson. Going to shoot tomorrow. It’s a 308. Honestly it bears a striking resemblance to a Ruger American rifle

F89FEA85-7619-4325-9455-CFB9B174EDD5.jpeg
F89FEA85-7619-4325-9455-CFB9B174EDD5.jpeg
Went out and shot the 308 today. 3/9 scope at 100 yards with the cheapest factory ammunition I could find. Not too bad for a cheap rifle and cheap ammo. I’m sure with a little load development it would shoot far better