• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Thunderbeast thread style ?

SecretWeapon

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2018
I've tried searching, but can't seem to figure it out. New to all this stuff.

What is better or are they basically the same for accuracy ?

Direct thread or the compact brake style of mount.

thanks for help.

I prefer the CB mount. All my rifles have CB brakes on them. Very accurate and repeatable. Taper on back of brake is better than shoulder on DT.

Reactions: SecretWeapon

thanks for help.

If I recall they have a PDF with a Drawing of all thier Thread specs..

thanks for help.
I talked to the TBAC people extensively last year before I bought mine both in person and by email. They recommended the CB mount for strength and accuracy. I ordered both my 30 Cal suppressors that way with multiple breaks to exchange between rifles. You'll love the TBAC cans.

Direct thread has been losing popularity to brake mounts over the last few years. I’d go that route every time

Just got my Form4 for my Ultra7 Approved. Individual, not trust, 6 months and 3 weeks for those interested.

Just got my Form4 for my Ultra7 Approved. Individual, not trust, 6 months and 3 weeks for those interested.
That sounds about 1 month or more faster than the average from when I was waiting. I had 2 x form 4s in for a trust right before the 41F deadline and given that I wasn't the only one jamming up the ATF at the time, 13 months almost on the dot I was picking up my cans.

I've been shooting a Ultra 7 in a CB mount since November. I like the repeatability of the CB mount. I do find after a ~100 round PRS match that I need to clean the brake threads. The buildup (using 4350 and RL16) makes getting the can off alittle tough, but you can tap it around the threads with something hard and that usually does the trick.

After a weekend of shooting in NM, I may have racked up around 250+ M118LR on an Ultra 9 and it required tough love from a hard rubber mallet and then using my field belt as a strap wrench, still fought back! The brake was filthy as well, of course, but after the off, cleaning, then back on, I kept the prior zero, no problem. Can't say enough good things about that can...

are you guys using anti seize at all on the threads ? was told this helped
I am not, I haven't been told to, but that doesn't sound like a bad idea. For an average range day 50-100 rounds, I don't necessarily think it's needed, however. I've heard from many folks as @tbone40x said, just have something in the range bag to give it a good wrap about the threads and it should loosen up.