Toasted my 260...........New barrel is on!

Sorry for the heart aches, but why didn't your smith bore scope it prior to install? Might have saved you a lot of time, effort and monies.

Probably because I didn't ask him to. He did exactly what I asked of him, I'm not even going to throw a hint of blame in his direction.

If I had any doubts about the barrel, I would have asked him to scope it. Hell I never even pulled the protective cap off the threads because I was under the assumption (from my wife) that it was in new condition. Live and learn, we all do dumb shit from time to time.

On another note, the seller replied to my emails and wants me to call him.

Turns out the seller bought the barrel used for a project that never happened. I guess whoever he bought it from has a nastygram in route. He bought it from someone else on Armslist......

He sent the money back that my wife paid him, that's all I cared about. Now I just might be able to get in on the group buy with LRI sooner than I thought.

Well, if the seller comes through and gives your money back, that makes him better than many (if not most) other sellers in my book. That means that he is knowingly taking a loss to make things right for you. Kudos to him and good luck for you!