• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tractor Supply kicked in the nuts over DEI

XLR308

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 22, 2018
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Well that didn't take very long since we were just talking about it roughly a week ago.🤣🤣
    Kicked in the bottom line apparently.

IMG_1095.jpeg

It takes a real idiot to be that out of touch with your customers. Obviously, our best and brightest are not at helm of very many companies these days.
    They can't seem to shoot themselves in the foot fast enough, it's like some kind of a out dumbfuck each other competition.

With no intention of being pedantic, I’d like to reiterate for those that missed it before. The corporate world is currently infested with MBA graduates that learned one thing really well; how to enrich oneself by moving you and your crew from one company to the next without knowing anything about that company or industry.

It’s a 301 level mba college course taught at all the finest schools….

With no intention of being pedantic, I’d like to reiterate for those that missed it before. The corporate world is currently infested with MBA graduates that learned one thing really well; how to enrich oneself by moving you and your crew from one company to the next without knowing anything about that company or industry.

One that comes to my mind frequently is what was done to Cabelas.
    That one still pisses me off.
    Not that I bought a whole lot of their products but liked the guide gear stuff mainly for the warranty they had.
    Now it's just overpriced with a shit warranty.

One that comes to my mind frequently is what was done to Cabelas.
    That one still pisses me off.
    Not that I bought a whole lot of their products but liked the guide gear stuff mainly for the warranty they had.
    Now it's just overpriced with a shit warranty.
    Our corporations are currently infested with this crop of elitism and it’s helping destroy the best that we have. I’m no alarmist, but I’m seeing it in all large corporations. It’s a pattern taught by institutions such as Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and all the other ivory tower institutions.

True - saw it in paper industry. C suite leaders had ZERO knowledge of making paper, cardboard boxes, lumber, etc. that is the basis for industry. They were accountants with MBAs that moved from company to company as fast as they could so their mistakes were never really documented. I called them "teflon kids" because none of the screwups stuck to them.

True - saw it in paper industry. C suite leaders had ZERO knowledge of making paper, cardboard boxes, lumber, etc. that is the basis for industry. They were accountants with MBAs that moved from company to company as fast as they could so their mistakes were never really documented. I called them "teflon kids" because none of the screwups stuck to them.
    Eventually they all have to take a bite of the shit sandwich the only bad part is how much damage will they do before that time comes.

I took the Tractor Supply news as good… and I expect more to follow.

I didn’t shop there because, well, they aren’t a worthwhile store for actual farm equipment. And too much made in Chyna shit that doesn’t work. They are more for suburbanites who want to feel all “tractory” while buying hemp floormats for their Prius (not making that up… they were selling that shit).

But I’ll give them another look. Maybe even buy something! Made in USA.

As for the Harvards… MBA’s are a joke… garbage degree and the Ivy League morons are just boardroom ring knocker’s.

Fire them all. Stop hiring MBA’s and stop paying for MBA educations… and the problem goes away.

Sirhr

I saw the same scenario noted above in better part of 40 years in a highly pressurized manufacturing environment, run by very similar MBA’s at the behest of the private equity ownership that switched hands every five years.
    New ownership would always bring in their fleet of consultants, who most often had sold their ‘expertise’ to executive leadership without any real knowledge of the actual business or market, but could sure extract lots of data or proprietary details they could pack up and resell to the next unwitting client, without ever providing actual value in the course of their tenures.
    Not saying all consultant types follow this approach, some were actually quite knowledgeable, though most never earned their credentials on a shop floor, but in the university environment. Degrees might as well as have been printed on flash paper.

And the problem is these companies NEVER learn because they are let off the hook. People need to send a message to these people that they chose a side and they chose wrong and just like us "poors" they will have to live with that decision. Hopefully when their doors close. Stay strong my friends and drink American beer

Last edited:
    From my understanding all beer in the America's is a direct result of Dutch and German origins not surprisingly.
    When I drank beer I used to really like Saporro dark.
    The first time I was in Cape Town I had a Dutch ale in a little steak house that was so strong it tasted more like liqueur and somewhere in the 17-18% range.

Really? When did Stone sell out?
    Couple of years ago.

They were loud and proud of being independent and regularly scorned big breweries but, after watching Lagunitas, Elysian, 10 Barrel, Golden Road, Boulevard, Goose Island, Firestone Walker (805), Four Peaks, and many other sell out for fat stacks of cash, they cashed out as well. Now the foreign capital investment is working to put the squeeze on actual American Beer.

Reactions: XLR308
    From my understanding all beer in the America's is a direct result of Dutch and German origins not surprisingly.
    When I drank beer I used to really like Saporro dark.
    The first time I was in Cape Town I had a Dutch ale in a little steak house that was so strong it tasted more like liqueur and somewhere in the 17-18% range.

Beer originated in Mesopotamia (Iraq). Modern light lagers came out of the area that is now Czech and were popularized by Germans, French, and others. It was common in the holy land* as well. A variety of ales had strong roots in the UK, and Belgians have continued their Monastic brewing traditions to this day and make, IMO, some of the finest beers in the world.

*The “water into wine” miracle was more likely water into beer. People in that era fermented what they had in their region and, in that time, there was more grain and few, if any, grapes in the holy land. The old manuscripts describe it as “strong drink” so early Romans, being a bunch of winos, translated “strong drink” as wine.

Most beer brewed in the world is a lager / light lager. There are 60-80 unique styles of beer in the world and many never drink anything but that one style of beer. Enjoying beer that way is like eating the same Mac and cheese (or whatever) for every meal - 3 meals a day + 7 days a week. Nobody eats that way and it’s baffling why so many drink that way.

Uisghe Beatha

And
    Sapporo Black beer was very good shit....but they stopped selling it in the US decades ago.
    I contacted Sapporo JP directly and asked if I could purchase a pallet of it for *personal use* and they declined me.
    So....I don't even look in Sapporo's direction for anything these days.

About 7-8 years ago tractor supply prices started going up faster than what would be deemed normal so I stopped going there then and have not been back.
    I have to assume their prices are still higher than the local mom and pop hardware and parts houses.

Our corporations are currently infested with this crop of elitism and it’s helping destroy the best that we have. I’m no alarmist, but I’m seeing it in all large corporations. It’s a pattern taught by institutions such as Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and all the other ivory tower institutions.
    It’s a big club and you ain’t in it. I just told my wife about this stuff this morning. They’re all inbred and connected because of where they went to school not because of what they know. They do this to get the investor money to make the stock prices go up to enrich themselves. They don’t care about you or me.

That is the nastiest stuff I’ve ever drank 😂😂😂

Because , apparently, you are not worthy!

The label:

This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory—maybe something with a multimillion-dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made at an independent brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless seltzer / fizzy yellow beer / whatever-the-hell will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multimillion-dollar ad campaigns make all that junk taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.

We believe that pandering to the lowest common denominator represents the height of tyranny—a virtual form of keeping the consumer barefoot, stupid & led by the nose social media. Brought forth upon an unsuspecting public in 1997, Arrogant Bastard Ale openly challenged the tyrannical overlords who were brazenly attempting to keep the people chained in the shackles of poor taste. One glance around and it’s glaringly obvious: they’re winning...as of now. Yet we will not stop. Ever. Since the very beginning, Arrogant Bastard Ale has reveled in its unprecedented and uncompromising celebration of intensity. There have been many nods to Arrogant Bastard Ale…even outright attempts to copy it…but only one can ever embody the true nature of Liquid Arrogance!

Hated By Many. Loved By Few.

Cheers! Sirhr

I knew about Shinola, never heard of the others.

TBH though, I've worn Swiss Made watches for years.

I knew about Shinola, never heard of the others.

TBH though, I've worn Swiss Made watches for years.
    Just beware Kobold... the founder is a total scum-weasel. Getting them serviced can be a bitch. Lots of scam in that company. Though the watches are beyond cool... They are red herrings in a bunch of ways.

Resco Rocks... Rob and Nicole are great people! Their timepieces are first rate.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: 91Eunozs and lash
    Where do you find an American made watch?

My favorites...

There is a whole discussion here... as part of this thread:

Cheers,

Sirhr

Just beware Kobold... the founder is a total scum-weasel. Getting them serviced can be a bitch. Lots of scam in that company. Though the watches are beyond cool... They are red herrings in a bunch of ways.

Resco Rocks... Rob and Nicole are great people! Their timepieces are first rate.

Cheers,

Sirhr
    I like my Weiss field watch for working in the yard. Rescos are awesome, just ask @Maurygold.

It takes a real idiot to be that out of touch with your customers. Obviously, our best and brightest are not at helm of very many companies these days.
    I'm in my local TSCO about once a month. I saw the DEI people that they brought in. During my last stop the "atmosphere" was different. I actually complimented the folks that were helping me. Just one old guy at one TSCO store ....

In its statement Thursday, Tractor Supply said it would still work on “ensuring a respectful environment” despite dropping its existing DEI goals. The company also said it would focus on what it called “rural America priorities,” such as agriculture education, animal welfare and veteran causes.

Reactions: XLR308 and KYAggie
    I'm in my local TSCO about once a month. I saw the DEI people that they brought in. During my last stop the "atmosphere" was different. I actually complimented the folks that were helping me. Just one old guy at one TSCO store ....

In its statement Thursday, Tractor Supply said it would still work on “ensuring a respectful environment” despite dropping its existing DEI goals. The company also said it would focus on what it called “rural America priorities,” such as agriculture education, animal welfare and veteran causes.
    Words don't fix the fuck up, everytime I fuck up I fully expect to have to own it and regain what was lost by my actions.
    Maybe they should put out a statement saying a 20% reduction in current prices will be enacted until trust is earned due to the idiocy they showed with the woke bullshit.

Reactions: Yasherka
    Words don't fix the fuck up, everytime I fuck up I fully expect to have to own it and regain what was lost by my actions.
    Maybe they should put out a statement saying a 20% reduction in current prices will be enacted until trust is earned due to the idiocy they showed with the woke bullshit.
    I'd be ok if their prices were kept the same...

If they expunge every Chyna POS line-item from their stores.

Again....I'm going to give them a chance now. A. Chance.

I like it when folks, including companies, admit they are wrong. And will support a return to the American Fold.

Unless they fuck up again.

Sirhr

Reactions: lash and XLR308
    You are the exception to the rule. The culture in America has evolved. No one under 50 years of age accepts the penalty for their actions.
    The influx of Californians will keep my local Tractor Supply in business.
    They just took a page out of the playbook of Walmart and Home Depot.
    We will see how the Board of directors and stock holders of TSCO play this shift.

Cheers,

Sirhr
    You sent me down a rabbit hole!

I currently have a couple Tissots & Movados, but now I'm shopping.

Because , apparently, you are not worthy!

The label:

This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory—maybe something with a multimillion-dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made at an independent brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless seltzer / fizzy yellow beer / whatever-the-hell will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multimillion-dollar ad campaigns make all that junk taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.

We believe that pandering to the lowest common denominator represents the height of tyranny—a virtual form of keeping the consumer barefoot, stupid & led by the nose social media. Brought forth upon an unsuspecting public in 1997, Arrogant Bastard Ale openly challenged the tyrannical overlords who were brazenly attempting to keep the people chained in the shackles of poor taste. One glance around and it’s glaringly obvious: they’re winning...as of now. Yet we will not stop. Ever. Since the very beginning, Arrogant Bastard Ale has reveled in its unprecedented and uncompromising celebration of intensity. There have been many nods to Arrogant Bastard Ale…even outright attempts to copy it…but only one can ever embody the true nature of Liquid Arrogance!

Hated By Many. Loved By Few.

Cheers! Sirhr
    I really like Stone Brewery, but hearing that they sold out to a multinational really makes me think they should change the name of that beer to Ironic Bastard Ale…

I'd be ok if their prices were kept the same...

If they expunge every Chyna POS line-item from their stores.

Again....I'm going to give them a chance now. A. Chance.

I like it when folks, including companies, admit they are wrong. And will support a return to the American Fold.

Unless they fuck up again.

Sirhr
    That is a completely fair and above average show of good faith and willingness to forgive but not forget.
    Kudos @Sihrmechanic

You are the exception to the rule. The culture in America has evolved. No one under 50 years of age accepts the penalty for their actions.
    The influx of Californians will keep my local Tractor Supply in business.
    They just took a page out of the playbook of Walmart and Home Depot.
    We will see how the Board of directors and stock holders of TSCO play this shift.
    Well I guess it's official I am getting old and over 50 🤣🤣
    I still hope they feel a bit of heartburn for a while for the epic level of stupidity they brought upon themselves with this shit.
    Butt Light is still feeling the finacial pain from the decision of using a dude in a dress for advertising pretending to be a woman and even worse acting like an immature teenage girl.
    Mental illness is not a laughing matter and even worse when it's used for an agenda and it blows up in your face and those in charge still don't get it.
    I'm with @sirhrmechanic to a certain extent on this one as in give them a chance to redeem themselves but with some scepticism.

I really like Stone Brewery, but hearing that they sold out to a multinational really makes me think they should change the name of that beer to Ironic Bastard Ale…

Or Japanese Geisha Bee-y-otch ale.

Selling to Sapporo? Those motherfuckers bombed our harbor. Which, based on how Asians drive, still shocks me. I still think it was the Germans

No wonder they took the language off the cans!!!

And changed the slogan to “you are not worthy” from “stop taking pictures of us, you zipperheads!”

Sirhr

Or Japanese Geisha Bee-y-otch ale.

Selling to Sapporo? Those motherfuckers bombed our harbor. Which, based on how Asians drive, still shocks me. I still think it was the Germans

No wonder they took the language off the cans!!!

And changed the slogan to “you are not worthy” from “stop taking pictures of us, you zipperheads!”

Sirhr
    I have had a few excursions into Japan and the beer was good but surprisingly the whiskey was better.
    The problem was they never seemed to live up to the expectation I was given.
    Modernized to the point that the heritage was diluted to being just drones and the cultural superiority they claim was evidently just proclaimed and i )was not impressed.
    Mongoloids riding on the coat tails of kings is not a good look.
    They are very dedicated people but so are the South Koreans I mainly worked around but obviously far diminished from what I was expecting.

Not to beat a dead horse, but recently I needed a 3/8' galvanized screw pin shackle for a tow cable. A new Tractor Supply store had recently opened near me so I stopped in and looked over their goods. Their price of $11.99 for such a small item seemed excessive so I decided to look further. An Ace Hardware store about a quarter mile away had the same shackle for $9.99, but still more than I wanted to pay. Finally went to Lowes which was about another mile down the road and found the shackle for $4.38. Decided to quite while I was ahead and bought it from Lowes.
    i know, small item/small sample size but seems that TS has some work to do to be competitive in this small area.

Not to beat a dead horse, but recently I needed a 3/8' galvanized screw pin shackle for a tow cable. A new Tractor Supply store had recently opened near me so I stopped in and looked over their goods. Their price of $11.99 for such a small item seemed excessive so I decided to look further. An Ace Hardware store about a quarter mile away had the same shackle for $9.99, but still more than I wanted to pay. Finally went to Lowes which was about another mile down the road and found the shackle for $4.38. Decided to quite while I was ahead and bought it from Lowes.
    i know, small item/small sample size but seems that TS has some work to do to be competitive in this small area.
    I personally prefer Lowes due to the vet views of the company.
    I will zip into a vet parking spot up front ahead of a person my elder in a heart beat.
    Talking shit not really but have seen it happen, I think I can walk an extra 50' unlike the Walmart Karen's I would rather piss my pants than put them out if they were on fire and be happy with soiled pants and a crispy Karen.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    I personally prefer Lowes due to the vet views of the company.
    I will zip into a vet parking spot up front ahead of a person my elder in a heart beat.
    Talking shit not really but have seen it happen, I think I can walk an extra 50' unlike the Walmart Karen's I would rather piss my pants than put them out if they were on fire and be happy with soiled pants and a crispy Karen.
    Plus a 10% discount for vets on almost all non-sale items (tied to your MyLowes account after verification). Just used it today!