• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Trijicon RX30 question. Please help.

mackdrvr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2008
NY....Hudson Valley
Picked up a brand new one today, and after mounting it up nice and snug I noticed that if you grab the optic housing it will move side to side a little bit. The base does not move, but the housing tilts side to side. Is this normal? It does not move up and down just lateraly. It is not rigid like my ACOG. Should it be? Or is the movement due to the adjustment features? Thanks in advance.

Re: Trijicon RX30 question. Please help.

Movement is normal. Or I should say mine has some and always has held its zero. Seems to be spring fixed/mounted/held in some way. I think it is a great site, never understood why it has not become more popular.

Re: Trijicon RX30 question. Please help.

I've got a Trijicon RX01 1st gen, bought new several years ago. It has the same movement in the housing that you've noted. Like you, I was concerned at first. But it hasn't been a problem. The optic has served for years on AR15's and an M11 subgun with no issues. The slop in the housing must be normal and a non-issue.