• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tubb butt plate

Re: Tubb butt plate

I have one, i love it...im 6-05 and it helps to no end...i installed mine myself, that being said, it is not the prettiest job in the world (didnt have all the right tools at the time, but it still works as advertised

They do the job of positioning the stock where you need it. BUT they are heavy. I turned mine into swiss cheese by drilling holes on the surfaces you can't see. Even that didn't lose much weight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They work as advertised but do not offer any cast adjustment. </div></div>

They do offer cast adjustment. The original 3 way adjustable didn't have cast adjustment.

Nice for positional shooting on the line. I have gotten away from moving my comfort zone away from the centerline as I have integrated more support side shooting into my training plan.

So this application would not be the best if I was going to drag it around coyote hunting and also use the gun as a target rifle?

It is 2lbs just by itself, and if extended for LOP you may catchthe gap on gear hunting.
Your call ultimately.

If I were adapting an HS stock to fit me for a field/target rifle I'd make up spacers for the LOP and add a stock pack if I needed to adjust cheek height.

Okay I have a stock pack I'll buy some spacers. Is there any tricks in raising the stock pack higher. I have high rings on my NF 56mm and need a little more height. Is there any way to add a little more. I currently have a Tac Ops stock pack.

honestly I have never had a problem hunting with mine. for weak shide shooting it can be a little challenge as i have mine tilted about 15-20 degrees to the left but no cast on or off. but the nice thing about it is the way its set up on my gun, it comes right into my shoulder the same place every time