• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Unimpressed with new stuff at the range

looks like it might be a clutch burner ... 44 's ?
It was set up for 44's but those are 17-40 Denman Ground Hawgs.
No clutch to burn.
Power train consisted of a 420 h.p. 355 c.i.d. Chevy engine, turbo 350 auto trans with a Borg-Warner 203 transfer case.
After this pic was taken it had a hybrid 4:88 ratio Toyota/ GM 12 bolt(Toyota axles in a narrowed GM 12 bolt) rear axle installed.
Built for street class mud bog comps but became a daily driver for most 10 years.

Reactions: sloporsche
Regarding the Imbibing Le Pole as well as shooting out of a pole the one must consider. As it ages the Le Pole looses both accuracy and velocity. So, one must compensate as especially as one UN-imbibbes one's liquid discharges as well as one's attempt to successfully engage what one wishes to engage. Regardless of trying to hit a commode with one's piss, trying to be a homosexual or shooting steel with a Savage or a Bartlien barreled, Manner's stocked, Impact Precision actioned Tangent Theta scoped, rifle.

Now lets get back to sending lead down range and be less about one's apparent sexual preferences. (because this conversation has seemingly become a discourse between owners of Le Pole who have so little of Le Pole left, they could not hit a commode if they were standing over it). :D

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
You're the one who started in immediately with the the FNG shit after posting your unsolicited Fudd-ass opinion as a fact. Don't lecture others about your "brandy new" level of butthurt and project it on to them.
Quit whining like a little girl.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
Why not a built 205 with twin sticks?

Cool rig btw.
You mean the divorced style like Ford used?
Output shaft on the wrong side.
Chevy and Toyota front diffs were on the passengers side and Fords were on the driver's side.

Chem-Con trails in the eastern sky.
IMG_20240903_110451930.jpg
IMG_20240903_110508525.jpg
IMG_20240903_110514574.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sloporsche
No, the married unit Chevy used for years.
The 205 was used on Chevy, ford and dodge, yeah they have different configurations for each mfg, but all use a Cast iron case with steel gears, and are Tough.
The 203 is aluminum and chain driven internals. Seen em break with hard use and stock engines. Same as the 208.
The 203 is chain driven but not aluminum. The 203 is monsterous heavey unti that is not super strong though. The 205 is a bullet proof case. I have one that has been through three square body chevies. 38s and 300hp. Rockcrawling and Mudd racing. The 205 leaves you wanting for more low rage gear reduction though. Which can be achieved by combines the 203 and 205. The 208s had a better low range. The 241 seems to be proving it's worth. The key to keep the transfer case and transmission alive vs big tires is lowering the axle gear ratio. The really nice thing about the 241 is it's light and easy to take and and easy to rebuild.

So with hunting season around the corner I reached into the safe and pulled out my pre-39 model 70 that belonged to my grandfather and wandered to the range. Simple rig, original walnut stock, steel butt plate, original dog bone barrel with original irons and front sight hood, bedded, 6X scope, 150 gr BT over IMR 4895 (actual IMR 4895 in the tin cans, still have a few left).

I fired my obligatory five rounds, collected the target, cleaned the rifle and cased it. Still shoots better than moa. That rifle has put meat on the table going on a century. Looking around at others on the range, one or two not having much success with their brandy new rigs I realized how perfectly satisfactory the old rig is.

Bottom line is no matter how much you reinvent the wheel, it's still a wheel.
If you took this rifle to a match, you’d probably win.

That sounds like and old HardRock shooter saying, right there. Man its been a long, long time, how you been?
Been a while, health and family issues. Gotta make a run out to the matches again, got two new rifles that need a workout if I ever get loads worked up.

Last edited:
Phased plasma watt in the 40w range, right?
Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. WHAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...