• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Van Winkle is in...

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Though In not a bourbon drinker, prefer Cognac, but several months ago a bunch of you were raveing about Pappy's Van Winkle, wo I went out and ordered a bottle...I think it was in August. Just came in today, and the only one I coud get, even with a 4 month wait, was the 12 year. For $50.00 per bottle it better be some smothe stuff. Going to try it tonight and Lill let you know tomorrow.

Re: Van Winkle is in...

^^^

Cant say it blew my skirt up, but it is the best bourbon Ive had. Seemed a bit off last night, but this morning a couple of buddies helped me cut some trees and we had a 'Christmas drink' after, and she definately improves with a little air. They were impressed. Ill keep it. Good stuff.

If yall like this stuff, try a bottle of Pierre Ferrand <span style="text-decoration: underline">Selection des Anges </span> congnac. It'll set you back $110-$110, but I expect thats what a bottle of 15 or 23 year old Van Winkle goes for. The cognac is just a bit richer and mre full bodied. Not for everyday drinking...for celebrations with friends.