• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Very pleasantly surprised with reloading 6ARC for a 20" bolt action

CollarChoke

Neck Tension Enthusiast
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2023
Georgia
Took some starter loads for my new 6ARC build (sporting a 20" 1:7.5 benchmark barrel) to the range today and holy easy button batman.

Bullet: Hornady 108gr eld match, CBTO at 1.699" (Hornady ogive gauge, calipers zero'd on the gauge)
Brass: Once fired Hornady 6ARC brass trimmed to 1.485", full length resized using the standard Hornady custom grade FL resizing die.
Primer: CCI SFP BR-4
Powder: LeverEvolution
IDCharge (Grains)Velocity (Avg FPS)SD (FPS)
A30.22806.88.3
B30.72836.66.0
C31.22876.110.3

31.2 is the max load in Hornady's manual, charge A grouped around a minute and both B and C around half a minute, considering I wasn't trying hard and just quickly plopped down at the bench to gather velocities for further dev, I'm pretty darn happy with B and will just roll with that I think. No pressure signs at max either which it seems like I could definitely push it to 2900 if needed. I was hoping to get close to 2750 from the 2650 average on factory ammo, so out of a 20" barrel I was pleasantly surprised. I'm curious how much variance I'll see using the LeverEvolution in different temps since it's not temp stable but other than that seems good to go (y)
6arc.jpg

load-B.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's pretty good out of a 20" tube. I've been longing for a 6br for some time, but now you've got me questioning things. I don't think I've seen a br that short that fast.

Reactions: CollarChoke
Wow, that's pretty good out of a 20" tube. I've been longing for a 6br for some time, but now you've got me questioning things. I don't think I've seen a br that short that fast.
Yeah I went from "I'm curious and want to play around with 6ARC" to "ok guess I'm a 6ARC guy now" real quick
:ROFLMAO: