• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vortex brand optics & M1 for VETS F-class team

PHSGT

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2009
Reno, NV
What are the opinions on here for using Vortex optics on an F-class/Tactical competition/hunting rifle? Are they repeatable, clear, and durable? I am looking at a few of thier products and really liked the skyline spotting scope I was admiring at the 2010 Safari Club International Gun show in Reno, NV. I would ultimately prefer a Night Force or Leupold but I am branching the M1 for VETS rifle team out from just service rifle to F-Class to get the guys with no legs, back injuries, or other issues that would be better off on thier bellies into competative shooting. Right now we are in search/need of equipment as all of our previous inventory is Service rifle oriented and dont have a massive budget. Any ideas?

Thank You,
PH SGT

Re: Vortex brand optics & M1 for VETS F-class team

I just got a Vortex Razer HD spotting scope and it is absolutely AMAZING! Myself and the M1 For VETS Rifle team used it at the 2010 Nationals at Camp Perry and we could see rounds impact paper at the 600y line! It was performing better that the brand "S" that we had borrowed. Not too shabby for a spotter that cost 1/2 of brand "S". I will be buying a rifle scope as soon as I get the chance, I could not be happier with my purchase. I don not think there is a scope in the world at that price point that can even touch it. $.02.

-PH SGT