Vudoo 360 with Geissele Super 700 Trigger - compatible?

kentuckyMarksman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
May 7, 2018
I recently got a Vudoo 360 barreled action with a 22" MTU barrel. I had a new Geissele Super 700 trigger in my parts box I bought several years ago, so I installed that on the Vudoo action. Dropped the whole assembly into a MDT XRS chassis. I also cleaned the barreled action and greased the lugs on the bolt. Per Geissele's suggestion, I did not adjust anything on the trigger.

I haven't fired it yet, and this is my first 22lr rifle. I noticed that if I cycle the action and dry fire, it will dry fire fine, then it will have an abnormally hard bolt lift, after cycling and trying to dry fire again, the trigger will be dead, will not fire. If I remove the bolt, then press down on the sear in the trigger assembly, then reinstall the bolt, the gun will dry fire fine, may even work for a few cycles, then the problem starts all over again.

I'm guessing that the Geissele trigger isn't compatible with the Vudoo, but I haven't seen anyone else online with a similar issue, so I'm not really sure.

Does this sound like a trigger issue? Or do I have an issue with the bolt? Or am I just doing something stupid? I'd like to get this rifle running so I can go shoot it.

I recently got a Vudoo 360 barreled action with a 22" MTU barrel. I had a new Geissele Super 700 trigger in my parts box I bought several years ago, so I installed that on the Vudoo action. Dropped the whole assembly into a MDT XRS chassis. I also cleaned the barreled action and greased the lugs on the bolt. Per Geissele's suggestion, I did not adjust anything on the trigger.

I haven't fired it yet, and this is my first 22lr rifle. I noticed that if I cycle the action and dry fire, it will dry fire fine, then it will have an abnormally hard bolt lift, after cycling and trying to dry fire again, the trigger will be dead, will not fire. If I remove the bolt, then press down on the sear in the trigger assembly, then reinstall the bolt, the gun will dry fire fine, may even work for a few cycles, then the problem starts all over again.

I'm guessing that the Geissele trigger isn't compatible with the Vudoo, but I haven't seen anyone else online with a similar issue, so I'm not really sure.

Does this sound like a trigger issue? Or do I have an issue with the bolt? Or am I just doing something stupid? I'd like to get this rifle running so I can go shoot it.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the Geissele Super 700 trigger for true Remington 700s with the bolt release button on the bottom of the trigger? Could be possible that part of the trigger is messing with something and you'll need to remove it. I'm not sure how it could interfere with the trigger reset, but could be an issue.

Sear height might also be a tad off but I don't recall hearing of many issues with Vudoo. I know RimX can be picky about triggers.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the Geissele Super 700 trigger for true Remington 700s with the bolt release button on the bottom of the trigger? Could be possible that part of the trigger is messing with something and you'll need to remove it. I'm not sure how it could interfere with the trigger reset, but could be an issue.

Sear height might also be a tad off but I don't recall hearing of many issues with Vudoo. I know RimX can be picky about triggers.
The Geissele trigger came with directions for removing the bolt release if it wasn't needed. I removed it before install.

I'm going to swap in an old factory R700 trigger (bolt release removed) and see if that changes anything for me.

The Geissele trigger came with directions for removing the bolt release if it wasn't needed. I removed it before install.

I'm going to swap in an old factory R700 trigger (bolt release removed) and see if that changes anything for me.

I did some looking around and I guess the Geissele has a bit of a high sear. It's an issue on a lot of actions:

Some people modify the sear and other send it into Geissele to have it changed. Don't know if they still offer the service since it's discontinued, but their customer service is generally really good.

I did some looking around and I guess the Geissele has a bit of a high sear. It's an issue on a lot of actions:

Some people modify the sear and other send it into Geissele to have it changed. Don't know if they still offer the service since it's discontinued, but their customer service is generally really good.

Great information! Thank you!

I think I'll put my old factory Remington trigger in and see if that takes care of it, and if so, look into taking care of the sear in the Geissele.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman

Just wanted to update this thread. Put a factory R700 trigger in the Vudoo, now it works perfectly. I'll be reaching out to Geissele about their trigger to see if they can modify the sear for me.

Geissele got back with me, they suggested I re-read the install manual, or contact a gunsmith familiar with Remington 700s and see what compatible triggers they have... I guess I'll be lightly stoning the top of the sear to work.

Get a TT Special then. No need to waste the money to get a Diamond if no plans to go below a pound. Euro Optics is have a sale on them now too.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
Get a TT Special then. No need to waste the money to get a Diamond if no plans to go below a pound. Euro Optics is have a sale on them now too.

Awesome! Thank you!

Reactions: Rob01

ETA--Sorry for the confusion. Not implying it was yours...just that there was a market if you wanted to move the Geissele.

Last edited:
...just that there was a market if you wanted to move the Geissele.
👆 The triggers are definitely desired in the centerfire and maybe even cloning communities since Geissele discontinued and doesn’t support them.

There is a sear engagement set screw on the bottom (though Geissele didn’t have much recommended adjustment in the manual) that you could play with. Ultimately they produced some for a contract and I don’t know it was a successful commercial product given their typical consumer.