Vulcan 50 cal EXPLODED - Bolt lodged in guys neck! PICS

Ring

Rifle Instructor
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Medina, Ohio
sites.google.com
news flash... Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne suck....

go read...
PSA : At Range today LOUD BOOM - Vulcan 50 cal EXPLODED - Bolt lodged in guys neck! PICS - Page 1 - AR15.COM

boltinneck_zps46ab12b9.png

WP_20130601_005_zps5ddc53de.jpg

Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne are the the sludge at the bottom of the barrel. We can only hope this incident is the one that finally drives them into oblivion once and for all ...

That sucks big time. I'm glad that most gun companies are responsible enough not to put out crap like that. Vulcan should be accountable for the bill on this one.

Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne are the the sludge at the bottom of the barrel. We can only hope this incident is the one that finally drives them into oblivion once and for all ...

+1 ON THE ABOVE!!

".50BMG" and "CHEAP" are NOT words that should be mixed. Hope to hell the shooter will make it through this...unconfirmed reports toward the end of the thread suggest he'll be "ok" but nothing definitive.

I read where his arm was severed as well. If this is true it will probably result in multiple surgeries and rehab. He'll get at least a couple hundred K, unfortunately probably still not enough to shut Vulcan down. A million bucks would probably do some harm to them though.

Do you know which style it was. Three lug or the older interrupted something or the other? Bought one of these long ago and had no issues, heard all the horror stories after the purchase and about 200+ rounds with the added pressure of a suppressor. I got a good one I guess but don't shoot her much anymore. I'd really like to know which type it was, threaded interrupted thingy was a pipe bomb from what I read!?

Hope the guy is okay.... Companies like this shouldn't be in business.

Did anyone notice Vulcan's website title? "Vulcan Group Inc. [The Best-Built Firearms in the World!]"

Years ago, I heard Vulcan/Hesse crap products referred to as "Fucktard equipment" and could not agree more. No idea how or why their crap products survive in the world, but they keep moving about killing or injuring whomever has the misfortune of buying them.

I would not trust the people who own that company to make sandwichs,,,,,,if you own any model of their junk you are one trigger pull from the hospital.

Is "Vulcan" or what ever name they are using, associated with Tactilite (zel mfg)? I read where Tactilite had a recall on their 50bmg uppers as they could be fired
in an out of battery condition.

If you want a 2000 yard target rifle I would spend 1000 dollars on Savage 110 in 338 Lapua. Then with a Super Sniper you would be in business. They could charge Vulcan with criminal negliegence as well. I just can wait to run out and get one of their composite AR receivers. I gaurentee when someone investigates this, they might find excessive headspacing issues. Improper metalurgy or a piss poor design that finite structural analysis would reveal. If you blew up a receiver with to much gunpowder you would know the ultimate strength and what is safe. Defective ammo could cause this to, from world war II.