• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Warren Tool Die

https://warner-tool.com/collections...-die-one-caliber-complete?variant=32704528897

One complete assembly includes:
  • 1 Head space ring & Shim set to achieve desired head space w/ spare screws and allen wrench
  • Die holder body & Lock ring (Your press must accept an 11/4-12 thread). 2 part .750 diameter die inserts for one caliber.
  • Top retainer, lock ring, & lock washer.
  • Industry standard decap/button rod assembly.
  • Lock ring wrench.

reloading-dies_1024x1024.jpg

Just spitballing here: I dont really understand how they work, Id like to see one deconstructed because it almost sounds like the neck/shoulder bushings that Tubb uses in his dies? And it doesnt offer any caliber options, just mag and standard. Is it a general body with specific inserts/bushings for each caliber that you would have custom ground? It seems awfully expensive but I suppose if you only had to get one die and could then have every cartridge insert custom honed you would only have to set it up one time to a shell holder and then be able to swap the guts?

I have one in .308W. I jumped on a used one because it was quite a bit less than a new one and since my Palma rifle is built by WTC the die perfectly matches my rifle chamber. The only thing shooting related that matches it in design and build execution would be my Prometheus powder measure. Yes, they have a cartridge specific body bushing and a separate neck bushing. Buying one in .308W has the benefit of only needing a neck bushing to use for several other cartridges.They are designed for the bottom of the die to hit the press bushing and the case headspace is set using .001" shims. yeah, they're not cheap but perfect stuff is never inexpensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: straightandtrue
Man, I only paid $375 about 6-7 years ago!

Superb quality of course and solves the neck die, shoulder bump FL size dilemma in one die.

Two things that I was unaware of;

Warner won't do less than 22 cal - so I wasn't able to have the inserts for my 20x47 done. If I'd known that I might not have bought the die.

Also you have to order a whole friggen nother die for a longer cartridge. My die is 6x47L which is a short cartridge anyway, so any other longer cartridge is a no go. I sure wish they had clearly explained that to me to begin with.

I know this is an old thread... But I thought I'd try my question here before starting a new one.

Does anyone know if there are other dies that use a neck-shoulder bushing for full length resizing die? Any in a 7/8-14 die?

I know there are the Warner Tool Co. Dies. They are expensive and use a 1-14"x12 thread.
There is also the David Tubbs dies but he doesn't make dies for other cartridges.

Thanks for any information you have

I have one for the .375 CheyTac. They are custom dies, made to a sample of fired cases from your rifle. Using an sert system, one die can be used for multiple calibers/rifles by swapping out the inserts. The seating die then screws into the main die body. Have to say, it works perfectly, and for me, worth the price. In my case, her spun up an adapter bushing to get the die into the Hornady .50 press.

Neil Jones is certainly an option, just be prepared to wait.

Let's see if I can clear up and better define the features and limitations of our dies
First, there are three basic sizes in the series. The standard die uses .7500 diameter
inserts and is limited to a 30-06 In length. The magnum series uses .8750 diameter inserts and is limited in length to a Chey Tac. The largest is the 50 cal series, using 1.0625 inserts .
The body insert has a shoulder on the bottom that banks on the lower ring. This is where the shims adjust head space in the stack to allow you to always set preload the same and adjust for shoulder set back.
Once you have a complete assembly, swapping out inserts sets for other calibers in that series is a no brainer.
Top inserts are the shoulder and neck. If you need a different neck diameter, you need another top insert.
I can make inserts for any form you may want to create. For example, the 416 Warner involves over 14 inserts to expand the interior of a 50 piece and close it back down to " ready to load and shoot". Along with 4 or 5 anneals in the process.
We also make internal neck expanders of any size that are used in conjunction with a top insert that clears the expanded neck.
On the larger dies, I've been making the top inserts with chamber diameter about a third of the way up the neck. This helps to alleviate donuts to a degree.
The integral seater assembly is only available for the 375 and larger rounds. It has a micrometer adjuster and I match up the stem to the bullet you are using.
We now also offer an arbor press seater for the larger rounds if that suits you.

ALL inserts are made from air hardening D-2 to Rc 62. Heat treat is done in house
We have commercial grade annealing equipment and offer that service separately. I use it all the time when running lots of brass mfg. and when the brass you send needs it in order to get good results on your new die.
We make nothing smaller than 6mm.
Every die is based off of measurements from your twice fired brass. I can and do make them from reamer prints but prefer to see your brass.
So, if you've blown out the primer pockets on your RWS 50 brass, or any other 50 brass, I have made tooling to reform the lower 5/8" to new dimensions, and restoring the pockets in the process.
The chicken or the egg? When you have a new gun but no dies to load with what do you do? I can make a temp set up in our dies that will allow you to get necked for 2 or 3 firings. Do that, send the inserts and brass and I"ll make correct inserts

Any questions? Just call or email
Alan

Let's see if I can clear up and better define the features and limitations of our dies
First, there are three basic sizes in the series. The standard die uses .7500 diameter
inserts and is limited to a 30-06 In length. The magnum series uses .8750 diameter inserts and is limited in length to a Chey Tac. The largest is the 50 cal series, using 1.0625 inserts .
The body insert has a shoulder on the bottom that banks on the lower ring. This is where the shims adjust head space in the stack to allow you to always set preload the same and adjust for shoulder set back.
Once you have a complete assembly, swapping out inserts sets for other calibers in that series is a no brainer.
Top inserts are the shoulder and neck. If you need a different neck diameter, you need another top insert.
I can make inserts for any form you may want to create. For example, the 416 Warner involves over 14 inserts to expand the interior of a 50 piece and close it back down to " ready to load and shoot". Along with 4 or 5 anneals in the process.
We also make internal neck expanders of any size that are used in conjunction with a top insert that clears the expanded neck.
On the larger dies, I've been making the top inserts with chamber diameter about a third of the way up the neck. This helps to alleviate donuts to a degree.
The integral seater assembly is only available for the 375 and larger rounds. It has a micrometer adjuster and I match up the stem to the bullet you are using.
We now also offer an arbor press seater for the larger rounds if that suits you.

ALL inserts are made from air hardening D-2 to Rc 62. Heat treat is done in house
We have commercial grade annealing equipment and offer that service separately. I use it all the time when running lots of brass mfg. and when the brass you send needs it in order to get good results on your new die.
We make nothing smaller than 6mm.
Every die is based off of measurements from your twice fired brass. I can and do make them from reamer prints but prefer to see your brass.
So, if you've blown out the primer pockets on your RWS 50 brass, or any other 50 brass, I have made tooling to reform the lower 5/8" to new dimensions, and restoring the pockets in the process.
The chicken or the egg? When you have a new gun but no dies to load with what do you do? I can make a temp set up in our dies that will allow you to get necked for 2 or 3 firings. Do that, send the inserts and brass and I"ll make correct inserts

Any questions? Just call or email
Alan

what was the press you used in the video to process the brass to 375? It looked similar to the German Prazipress.

scott

i have 3 dies and all my cals are insets !!!!! 0.0005 or less run out on my brass. That ISNT a typo.

The best. And Al is funny as crap to talk to.

Man, I only paid $375 about 6-7 years ago!

Superb quality of course and solves the neck die, shoulder bump FL size dilemma in one die.

Two things that I was unaware of;

Warner won't do less than 22 cal - so I wasn't able to have the inserts for my 20x47 done. If I'd known that I might not have bought the die.

Also you have to order a whole friggen nother die for a longer cartridge. My die is 6x47L which is a short cartridge anyway, so any other longer cartridge is a no go. I sure wish they had clearly explained that to me to begin with.

They wont do .22 -- 6mm is the smallest i heard from Al