• 12 Hours Left: Use code HIDE40 to get 40% off subscriptions

You've got until midnight to get 40% off. Pick your plan below!

Subscribe

We're live!

alexj-12

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    And just like that, we're live! We've now updated the homepage, subscriptions are now be handled through HideTV, and you should now be able to see all the changes we mentioned here.

Note for any current subscribers: in order to keep having full access to the Hide, you'll need to cancel your subscription and resubscribe to HideTV here

If you see any issues or have any questions, post them down below and we'll help out!

Last edited:
    And just like that, we're live! We've now updated the homepage, subscriptions are now be handled through HideTV, and you should now be able to see all the changes we mentioned here.

Note for any current subscribers: in order to keep having full access to the Hide, you'll need to cancel your subscription and resubscribe to HideTV here

If you see any issues or have any questions, post them down below and we'll help out!
    So, to use the PX I have to deal with PayPal (which seems to try send me back to SH) and sign up w Hide TV?

Wow.

Reactions: Pomyluy
    So, to use the PX I have to deal with PayPal (which seems to try send me back to SH) and sign up w Hide TV?

Wow.
    Hey, could you give me a bit more information about what you're seeing here? To use the PX, you'll need a HideTV account going forward. We're not cancelling current subscriptions, so you shouldn't have lost access to anything while you're making the move over.

Let me know and I'll take a look!

Question--I currently have the 20 per month, will that allow me to post an add or two into the exchange?

Also, I do not see an option to cancel the old one, does resubscribing do that?

Last edited:
    Oh, I don’t know that PP is required for the new subscription.

Mainly wanted to confirm I have to make the change to post in the PX.

Not a big deal and I’ll switch over
    Correct! If you make the switch over you won't see any changes to your experience on the site and for annual subs we'll refund you the difference for your subscription

Reactions: Baron23
    If we have an existing PP subscription, does the HIDETV subscription start at the END of the PP subscription?

Basically, I want to cancel the PP subscription but the way it works is it usually runs until the last day. I don't want overlapping subscriptions.

I’m having issues logging in for hideTV on the app. Says I’ve logged in successfully and will be redirected to the realm. Nothing happens. I use the provide link in my browser and can login normally. Anyways I’m now subbed on the hideTV

Chrome...same as #2 @Inifinty above

1719869092075.png

If we have an existing PP subscription, does the HIDETV subscription start at the END of the PP subscription?

Basically, I want to cancel the PP subscription but the way it works is it usually runs until the last day. I don't want overlapping subscriptions.
    Paypal is completely separate so you need to cancel Paypal then subscribe to the new platform. We don't have control over Paypal as paypal is all self-serve.
    When does the code HIDE40 expire for re-subscribing? Should I wait until my current subscription expire?

I’m having issues logging in for hideTV on the app. Says I’ve logged in successfully and will be redirected to the realm. Nothing happens. I use the provide link in my browser and can login normally. Anyways I’m now subbed on the hideTV
    This is a bug, we're looking into it. The app is broken temporarily until we fix it. Its currently our top concern.
    Do I need to have the Legend subscription at $39.95 per month to post sale ads in the px exchange?
    To post there you need the supporter or legend subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey there, the HideTV subscription replaces the paypal subscription. So you'll need to cancel your subscription on the paypal side and instead subscribe on HideTV here

Ah sorry for the confusion here! The PX is accessible to supporters and legends
    That's not what it says Alex.

I'm fine keeping the $20/month but that got me both PX access and access to online training. What it says now is that I have to step up to the $40/month to have those privileges.

And what's "limited ads" vs "no adds". Are these the advertisement banners or....???

Frankly, I think a bit more transparency about levels and privileges before the change would have helped.

I was going to sign right up right now assuming that the deal would be the same. But I need some clarification first.

A $40/month subscription doesn't meet my financial needs and if that's what it takes to get PX and online training access then I'm hard pressed to see the benefit to me for signing up at any level.

Perhaps this is all an error but....???

1719878398663.jpeg

That's not what it says Alex.

I'm fine keeping the $20/month but that got me both PX access and access to online training. What it says now is that I have to step up to the $40/month to have those privileges.

And what's "limited ads" vs "no adds". Are these the advertisement banners or....???

Frankly, I think a bit more transparency about levels and privileges before the change would have helped.

I was going to sign right up right now assuming that the deal would be the same. But I need some clarification first.

A $40/month subscription doesn't meet my financial needs and if that's what it takes to get PX and online training access then I'm hard pressed to see the benefit to me for signing up at any level.

View attachment 8450584
    Yep that’s a bummer

FYI and not critical, the normal "Realms" format is not displaying thread titles unless hovered over with a mouse.
    Is this fixed for you now @Inifinty ? Appreciate the reply!
    I’m interested to know the response too.
    Annual subscriptions we are manually refunding, monthly we would but its just Alex and me mostly and that might be tricky. But the point here is to move the subscriptions over, not to get an extra <30 days subscription money out of anyone. We'd do it automatically if it were possible. So if you're worried about it, please DM @alex-12 and we can go from there, or you can just wait as well til your subscription expires, whichever you prefer.
    When will the old PP supporter status expire? How long do we have to move over?
    It will not expire (or at least not anytime soon). So you will have to manually cancel it. We cannot cancel it, we do not have the controls to do so unfortunately. I understand this is cumbersome :( was the only way.
    Ill talk with the team to confirm. As far as I know this is correct but there may be some things not quite perfect right now as we are moving live with the new platform right now. Pardon the dust. We want everyone to be happy and we tried to make sure that the higher tier plans cover things that cost more money (extra bandwidth, legal assistance, heavy engineering time, etc. as a general rule). Team here is quite small compared to the big companies out there, and we can definitely make mistakes. Will message you when I am more positive.

Reactions: lash and Baron23
    And in case it wasn't stated prior, we have some iteration to do to get everyone happy. We are not going to leave everything. We did leave the old themes in place too in case people wanted to stick with that (though I cannot necessarily promise they will remain).

I would appreciate some feedback (maybe not in this thread per se) about the overall design as Ive been tweaking it and don't want to go too much further without making sure you guys are liking the build. We spent almost a year on it, though perhaps it doesn't look it. 🫣

Some of us have been invested supporters since back when there were just a dozen videos.

If true, a 100% increase is quite the kick in the pants.
    Let me meet with the team. The goal is to add value with the new lessons and videos and social tools. If this was done by mistake (which Ill confirm) then it will have been my fault (not Alex or Frank or anyone else).

I've been working here behind the scenes for almost 10 years, and I know Frank, we will make it make sense one way or another.

It will not expire (or at least not anytime soon). So you will have to manually cancel it. We cannot cancel it, we do not have the controls to do so unfortunately. I understand this is cumbersome :( was the only way.
    Thanks for that. I should have clarified my question, how long until the Supporter status on the Hide can be active before we have to convert to the new payment method?

Thanks for all of the quick responses.

Last edited:
    This is what it says (see below) and they are going to check to see if this is in error or...?

Handful of of posts from members and admin above about it.

View attachment 8450614
    Hey there, thanks for pointing this out. We're still working out a few of the kinks here, but the supporter plan does get you access to the PX as it does now

Hey there, thanks for pointing this out. We're still working out a few of the kinks here, but the supporter plan does get you access to the PX as it does now
    How about online training vids that also was previously included in the previous $20 subscription.

And no worries…if you got such a major migration right in all the small details the first time you would be the first humans in history to do it. Haha

When I was working, green field builds were fine and fun. Upgrades, expansions, and migrations gave me ulcers. lol.

Thanks for the reply and I look forward to hearing back about online training.
    Cheers

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Mike Creuzer
    I am totally confused. Will the forum be moved over to Hide TV ? Or will it stay the same and to be a supporter you just pay on Hide TV?
    Forum isn't moving or rebranding or anything. We left it the same, just moving where users/subscriptions happen for convenience. Will make improvements to the app easier as well down the road.

We did change the theme, but you can technically put it back to the old one. We just spent more TLC on this one, the theory was that it would be simpler and less busy than the old one which we built what musta been 5-6 years ago now? Not sure.

Reactions: Baron23
    Following this as well... seems like the price is doubling if you want the same ability to post adds in the exchange and watch online training videos.

I don't take in as many videos as I want too, but I really can't justify the price jump if it is indeed what it looks like.