• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Wet vs. Dry Tumbling

I tumble with SS for 45min-1hr. But I’ve done some batches up to 6hrs with no ill effects. So there must be some other variable that is causing problems for other people. Too little media? Water? Too much brass?

Reactions: Smokin7s
15 minutes will not do shit. With SS pins, Dawn and Lemishine it was more like 1-1.5 hours to have them come out clean.

Or 30-40 minutes with Boretech Case cleaner and no media they come out even cleaner.
15 minutes will absolutely clean cases up you don’t want them to be absolutely spotless or you’ll end up having the problems you did.

Yes tell me what they will and wont do, when I have tried 15, 30, 45, 1 hr 115, 130 and 2 hours.

15 minutes will do nothing but knock dirt off the cases, not enough time to get at carbon baked on inside or primer pockets.

Yes tell me what they will and wont do, when I have tried 15, 30, 45, 1 hr 115, 130 and 2 hours.

15 minutes will do nothing but knock dirt off the cases, not enough time to get at carbon baked on inside or primer pockets.
30 min with pin style SS media is all I do with two teaspoon of dish soap and a sprinkle of lemishine.

Looks new with clean primer pockets.

Some claim that dry media doesn't get stuck in cases. I guess it depends on the media, because the ones I've just, I had to use a toothpick to clear out the flash holes and some cases the pickets too.

Reactions: DeathBeforeDismount
The only thing I use the wet tumbling for is range pick up brass that is so tarnished the dry vibratory walnut shell cleaner won't work on. A few hours in the water/lemishine and SS pins and it looks like new.